The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD! 1992 Galant VR4 Seattle WA #775/1000

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #775/1000 Summit white 159K miles, newer low-mileage JDM 6 bolt with newer transmission/transfer, brand new timing belt, balance shaft belt, water pump, tesioners, rollers, and crankshaft pulley w/in 2K miles. FMIC, working 4WS, stock wheels with new tires, new tie rod ends and wheel bearings/seals. Running, driving car that comes with a clean title and a couple month old Washington state emissions passed test report. Has some dents, dings, and imperfections as shown in pics, but this is a driveable car you can mod with new belts or return to 100% condition while you its your reliable daily driver. Originally a California car up until two months ago, it has absolutely no rust whatsoever. Has a 14b running stock boost, but capable of driving anywhere in the country. Need a vehicle with third row seating due to a new family addition, and can no longer justify any 4g63 equipped chassis (owned DSM's for a decade before buying this VR4). May consider trade for a 94-96 Montero SR, 91-97 Toyota Landcruiser, or a 99-01 Land Rover Discovery II.

Last edited by a moderator:

OZRally

You interested in trading for a Turboed Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally?
I really want a gvr4.

It sounds like a really nice car and I appreciate the offer, but I need the extra third row seating capability of the vehicles mentioned in my original ad as preferred trade possibilities.
This goes for any out-of-towners interested in buying this car; if you'd like to fly in to purchase this car and drive it home, I can arrange to have the car and associated paperwork ready to complete the sale at SeaTac International Airport, day or night.

first time ive seen a vr4 for sale in my area! im trying to scrape money together. how dd'able is this car?

Extremely. That's exactly what I bought it for. I drove this car trouble free from San Diego, CA to Seattle nonstop. Its absolutely rust free, and short of the couple of dents/dings that are visible in the pics, there has been no body work from what I can tell. I'm in the process of converting it back to 4 lug now to improve its "daily driving ability" with new bearings, seals, brake rotors, tie-rod ends, and steering rack boots to put the stock '92 wheels back on with brand new stock size tires.

I've since pulled the craigslist ad I had up previously, and if inflation starts to hit hard I'll probably hold on to it. I've got a list of things to do to this car to make it perfect, namely new IC pipes and getting the dents/dings fixed. Once the three dents/dings are fixed, I'll definately lean towards keeping it. I've had a substantial number of low-ballers and time wasters, but nobody I'd consider seriously interested in this car. If/when you get the money, feel free to call me. Thanks for inquiring!

G

Staff member
Looks like the front fenders were painted. Looks clean though.

Last edited:

After taking a closer look at the car this evening in the garage I don't see any indication these fenders have been repainted, not sure how one could claim such from the pictures. The amount of orange peel looks consistent throughout the front fenders and the rest of the car. But I'm no "body man", and wouldn't know what a paint thickness gauge was if it was right in front of my face. I lightly buffed both front fenders after I bought the car due to greasy fingerprints from the PO. This has an obvious effect on the apparent sheen of the paint compared to the rest of the car. Both front fenders have matching VIN tags still on them, and a magnet sticks everywhere along the left and right sides. I replaced the hood because I was given a better one by Shiskibob, hence the slight misalignment, but I still have the original hood with its matching VIN tag that would be included in a sale. Please PM or call me with any questions or discussions to save bandwidth on this thread.

4orced4door

Somebody should snap this up, looks like a great deal.

Adorsey

Quote:
Somebody should snap this up, looks like a great deal.

i knoww , i wish i could fly out and get it. its just too far.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts