The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 GVR4 #1303/2000 Autocross/Track Car Nor Cal $6950

Well, it's back up for sale again, this time with an even lower price. I was planning to build this into a competitive DSP autocross car for this season, but I have since picked up a 94 Miata R that I am going to compete with instead. I will be moving to the Bay Area in a few months, so even if I had enough space for 2 race cars I just can't afford both of them. So, here is the ad that I ran for my GVR4 last year....

This ad is for a very well set up autocross/open track/street 1991 Galant VR4. I am the 2nd owner & the car has always been in CA. I bought it in 02 when it was bone stock, & over the last 5-6 years I have transformed it to what it is today. I have owned & sold quite a few of these cars over the years, but this one I have kept as my own because quite simply it’s the nicest one I have ever seen. It is currently set up for both autocross & track days/road racing, not drag racing as I know a lot of GVR4 owners do. With this in mind, I sacrificed top end power for quick spool up & reliability. I have never run it down the drag strip or put it on an AWD dyno, so I have no idea what those stats would be. I can tell you it is an incredible handling car that slingshots out of the corners. It is regularly faster than all but the craziest EVOs at most local autocrosses. Here is a fairly complete list of what it's got;

Engine-
Stock 4G63 engine, looks like a new head about 20-30K ago right before I got it
Extreme PSI ported Evo III 16G turbo with upgraded big internal wastegate
Custom front mount intercooler with 2.5” piping
Ported Evo 3 Exhaust manifold
Tubular O2 housing into stainless 3” downpipe & exhaust with test pipe (no cat)
Apexi N1 muffler with heat shield on bumper
Custom 3” cold air intake with box that’s sealed off by the hood, K&N filter
GM 3” MAF conversion with translator
650 CC Precision Engineering injectors
Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump
AEM Uego wideband O2 & air fuel gauge set up
Blitz blow off valve vented to atmosphere
Greddy Profec B electronic boost controller
Apexi SAFC II air flow converter
Cruise control & A/C eliminated completely
Battery relocated to trunk (light weight Odyssey) with custom mount
Almost perfect original red cam cover, with custom carbon fiber plug wire cover
NGK wires with special NGK Iridium race plugs
Polished aluminum SARD oil catch can
C&R aluminum race radiator with high-flow slim line fan
All Redline synthetic fluids in everything

Transmission-
Custom hybrid transmission, uses DSM case & final drive ratio but has gear set from JDM VR4 RS tranny (works great!), all new bearings, shims etc, very few miles on it
Quaife LSD center differential (awesome, pulls HARD out of corners, very tight)
ACT 2100 clutch
New CV axles in front
Still has functioning 4-wheel steering setup & open rear diff

Suspension & Brakes-
KYB AGX adjustable shocks & struts
Ground Control coil overs, 450 lb front, 500 rear spring rates
Ground Control front camber plates
Trust front upper strut tower brace
Whiteline rear upper shock tower brace
Whiteline sway bars, 24MM front & the big 26MM rear
All poly bushings up front
Custom race alignment & corner balancing done by Edge Motorworks, Dublin, CA (3103 lbs)
New Brembo replacement front brake rotors
Stock dual piston front calipers
New Hawk HP + front brake pads, Metalmaster rear pads
Steel braided brake lines
Motul synthetic race brake fluid

Interior-
Sparco Pro 2000 driver seat with Sparco 3" 5 point harness (stock driver seat & motorized seatbelt included)
Dual A-pillar gauge pod with Auto Meter Pro Comp boost gauge & AEM digital A/F gauge
Center vents removed for custom gauge panel with Auto Meter oil temp, oil pressure, & water temp gauges, trimmed in carbon fiber (all electronic, no water or oil lines come inside the car)
Momo suede steering wheel
Apex I SAFC 2 mounted in ashtray location
Greddy Profec B boost controller
Custom leather shift boot & knob
Includes original dash plaque as well as the coveted original keychain!

Exterior-
Carbon fiber AMG replica front grill
Carbon fiber stock size rear spoiler
JDM front corner lights
Custom front bumper opening for intercooler
17x7” gun metal Tenzo R Mean 6 wheels with Kumho Victoracer DOT race tires

There is probably more that I have missed, but as you can see a lot of time & effort went into this car. The best part is, other than the front bumper, nothing was cut or damaged in the build-up, so this car could be put back to stock someday if these things prove to be the 69 Z28 of the future. As I mentioned, it has regularly posted very fast times locally, some very fast drivers here in Northern CA will vouch for it....& that's all with skinny 225 tires! If someone wanted to flare it out a little & squeeze some 285/30-18 Hoosiers on there with some more spring rate, this car would be crazy around the cones or on a road course. Included with the car is some of the stock parts, including a near mint condition driver seat. This car is in amazing condition, I have been told many times it's the nicest around. The body is 100% rust free & has never been repainted (shines great, no fading or peeling). It does have a few dings & scratches, but very minor. The interior is near perfect except some sun fading on the rear deck panel & the tops of the back seats, the dash is beginning to warp a little around the defrost vents, & the stereo & A/C system have been completely removed. Also, the car sat in the sun for quite a while last summer, so the race seat faded quite a bit, & you can now see an outline of where the belts were sitting. Mechanically it's about 90% there. Mainly it needs a good tune, I am located a long ways away from the nearest AWD dyno, so it is basically tuned by the seat of my pants & I am not very good at that. The head needs to have some stud holes re-threaded (too many turbo changes), & the oil jacket that feeds the turbo is stripped in the head as well (drips a little bit from there). Also, it really could use a better intercooler pipe set-up, the one it has now is somewhat pieced together. Other than that, it's pretty dialed in. Let me know if anybody has any more questions. Asking $6950..... I have over triple that invested over the years. As some of you know, I have had this car up for sale quite a few times without finding a buyer. I know the economy is tough for all of us, but seriously, if you plan to buy one of these cars to build up you cannot go wrong with this car! Somebody please take this car & do what I was going to do....make it into a SCCA DSP car & go beat up on the BMWs. This would be a great car to do that with since the set up is close already. Basically, put a stock turbo, BOV & bumper in it, change the trans to a stock-geared one, put on some big hoosiers & go!! Serious offers please! If it does not sell somewhat soon, I may entertain a partial part out of all the aftermarket goodies so that I would still have a somewhat stock car left that I could drive. Please let me know if you have any questions, PM/email/call me any time as I'm sure I have left something out.
[email protected]

209-743-4989

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
KC, I'm your father. Join me on the dark side. It is your DES-tiny.

464/2K

Bettrer hurry kc before the only cars avalible are junk or hacks. This is a very nice, well put together car.

Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yes, it is a solid & clean example, & I put a lot of effort into the buildup. It's definitely not the nicest, fastest, or best handling GVR4 in existence, but it's one of the better ones that covers all those aspects very well. Let me know if anyone has questions.....I may put it on the Bay as well.

very nice, good luck selling....would of been interested but i just picked up 107/1000 last month

Thanks for the wishes everyone, but I have decided to keep the car, return it somewhat to stock to be a daily driver, & part out most of the go-fast goodies. Here is a link to the parts F/S thread...
click
Once again, thanks for the interest!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts