The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1992 Galant VR4 #313/1000 $2000 FIRM Twin Cities

So the time has come to sell the car. First off, as you can tell from the photos the car has been in an accident. Trust me I almost cried when I got in the accident and it was just a stupid mistake on my part in a really bad situation to begin with. Anyway the front of car hit the side of another car going roughly 5mph and the other car glanced (tbone situation) I am a strong believer in not parting these cars out, that is why I am not doing it. The car drives fine. I would like to give someone the chance to fix it for way less than what I paid. My price is firm at $2000.Thanks for looking. PM with any questions I will respond promptly. Car is located in Minneapolis.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant Vr4 #313/1000

Engine:
(Engine was rebuilt due to melted piston)
Bored .020
Forged 8.3:1 wiseco pistons
Head and block decked for Cometic MLS head gasket
Reconditioned stock rods
ARP head studs
Head lightly ported
Head reconditioned(new guides,springs, valve job, etc.)
New front case(oil pump)
Balance shafts removed
All new timing components and water pump
All bearings and gaskets etc.
Rebuilt 14b turbo
*BRAND NEW ALTERNATOR* (1/15/09)

Performance:
1G steering wheel and shifter
Gasket matched intake
Gasket matched 2g exhaust manifold
Ported turbine housing and Evo3 O2 housing
Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with magnaflow muffler
Auto meter gauges mounted in dash(boost,oil press,oil temp)
Fuel Pump rewired
Rear mounted battery with Summit box
Keydiver Stage III chip
Fresh cleaned and flowmatched 560cc Evo 8 injectors
3g mas with brand new kn filter

Replaced:
New Valve cover gasket
All hoses radiator hoses replaced
Throttlebody just cleaned and new seals installed
Front ball joints
Power steering pump and rack
Rear brake calipers and brake pads all around at 140k
All 4 brake rotors
Parking brake cables
Clutch master cyl. and slave cyl.
4 tires(Fuzion HRi) at 150k

Trans:
Shifts through all gears fine, 2nd is notchy at high rpm's
Clutch feels strong and has never slipped but i do not know the mileage

Suspension:
KYB GR2 struts on stock springs
Rides decent and handles well
No loose tie rods, ball joints etc.
4WS is disabled and has a non 4WS rack in it

Misc:
A/C is disconnected
Kenwood stereo with ipod adapter and aux input
Pioneer speakers
Thule rack is NOT included

Last edited by a moderator:

I can take closer pics of the damage but dont want to pull the bumper off in this weather. More pics later today.

4wheelsqueal

does it run and drive? you think it would make it to green bay?

Yes and yes. I would not hesitate taking this thing to Florida right now. I daily drive it 60 miles a day. PM me with any questions you might have.

pachood_1953

Does the bumper feel solid, or is it barely hanging on?
Typically a bumper wouldnt have moved that much at 5mph unless you took out the crash bar.

Is the front end damage isolated to the bumper, or does it appear anything else was damaged? I see the grille looks cocked a bit. Is the radiator suppoer in good shape? Can you see anything in there thats bent up, like where the crash bar bolts onto the body?
Could you look over the damage a little better for me? see what all it needs. Its supposed to be 30*+ all next week.

Im interested, and an autobody tech..also I am 90 miles from you.

can you get me some pictures of the front core support where the damage is

4wheelsqueal

Someone needs to buy this quickly before i find room for a 4th! good luck with the sale!

I would really like to sell the car locally or have someone come pick it up dont really have time to setup shipping the car or meeting halfway first with 1500 in cash can take it home.

I'm glad it's winter time and that I live 4 states and two mountain passes away; otherwise I would be coming over to add it to the project list.

Boostin21

you smashed my old car... that thing was super mint when i sold it!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

i have a good trim piece that goes above the bumper that will go to whoever buys this. all you have to do is pick it up or pay for shipping.

good luck on the sale, i really miss that car.

Last edited:

Quoting kevbo6204:
I would really like to sell the car locally or have someone come pick it up dont really have time to setup shipping the car or meeting halfway first with 1500 in cash can take it home.

Can you get a short video of it running? I am really thinking of going to pick this up.

OMFGeofffff

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Don't do it I need it.

OMFGeofffff

Yes. I have about 3/4's of the money right now and am getting the rest very soon. Selling everything I own.

Haha cool, I have cash in hand. Since you are closer and you want it, it's yours no big deal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts