The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EB: 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution MR T2 Spec - #58 AMS - Virgina

click

This is a 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX MR that was bought new in Oct 2005 and professionally prepared to compete at the National level in the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Touring 2 class. The car is in great condition (for a race car) and has a strong pedigree as it won four of six races run this past season and is the reigning Southeast Division Champion. This car most recently competed in the SCCA National Championship Runoffs at Heartland Park Topeka with a strong eighth place finish as can be seen on SPEED Channel. Checkout www.redcracing.com for plenty of pictures, videos, and stories about this car (#58). Current SCCA Logbook is included. Although prepared primarily as a race car it remains street legal with a clear title and unblemished VIN report. Current Touring 2 class rules require that most of the interior remain including the passengers seat etc. and therefore the car is near stock appearing inside with the exception of the custom built rollcage, Sparco ADV drivers seat and other safety equipment built and installed by Piper Motorsports. The car has had the A/C hardware removed (parts included if the buyer wants them) and the weak 6-speed transmission has been upgraded to a TRE built 5-speed. It has also been upgraded in other ways using only the highest quality parts as listed here:

Performance:
-AMS Catback Exhaust with Muffler delete
-AMS 100 Octane Flash Tune
-AMS SCCA Spec Koyo Radiator

Tires/wheels:
-Hoosier A6 245/40-17 on Kosei K1 TS Gunmetal Gray

Drivetrain:
-AMS SCCA Spec Transmission Cooler w/ pump
-TRE rebuilt 5-speed Transmission
-TRE Rear Differential

Brakes:
-AMS SCCA Spec Brake cooling kit
-Carbotech XP series pads
-SS Brake lines
-SRF Brake fluid

Suspension:
- Custom valved Bilstien dampers with RS front springs and MR rear
***A custom JRZ remote reservoir double adjustable suspension is available for an additional $3k over the bid price.

In car electronics:
-AMB Transponder
-DEFI gauge cluster

This car is a race car and therefore the normal wear and tear of racing should be expected. Currently the windshield does have a minor stress crack, but still will easily pass both SCCA technical and State Saftey inspection. The transmission was replaced at the beginning of the season, but 4th gear currently feels a little tight likely indicating the linkage needs to be readjusted (I'm kinda nit picking here). Per current SCCA rules the car is fitted with a 42.5mm inlet restrictor on the turbo, which can easily be removed (and replaced in 15mins) if the buyer intends to run this car in another series/class or track day events. I love this car and hate to see it go, but current circumstances dictate it must find a new home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Something like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif This season I'll likely be running my GVR4 in Super Touring (STO) - A new National class for former Pro World Challenge GT cars and starting my foray in to the Pro ranks running a few Grand Am Koni Cup races. Evo X won't debut racing this year...it takes a while to put together a Pro effort /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CP

Is this the AMS car that's been shown recently on SPEED's replay of the 2008 Runoffs? I don't remember that one having the light-colored lip spoiler up front...

CY,
If you look closely there are actually two nearly identical AMS Evo's in that race, Marty got all kinds of airtime (#34) and his doesn't have the white lip and then mine with the white lip is #58. Final results were Marty in 4th and me in 8th, although the SPEED channel version wih provisional results had us 5th and 10th. I got more air-time last year when I came in 18th with a separated right front wheel bearing.

From last year:

click

number3

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Harry... I just saw in your sig that you gave up ole' #3 I guess the time comes to part with them regardless. I was glad to see it went to a good home. I'm looking for someone that will race the hell outta my car, but take car of her in between races /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yup... car didn't sell so I allowed the SCCA to display it at the car show. Thanks and I'm glad you thought it looked good. I was only there to drop off and pick up so I didn't get the chance to talk with anyone or wipe the finger prints off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm preparing it for another tough season and a run at the National Championship!

CJ

CP

Good luck! I'll be entering the SM ranks this season for some expensive fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah that was the same EVO, don't worry me and my friends are the kinda car guys that will get close enough to check it out good but not touch and leave greasy finger prints all over. Really nice car, good luck with the sale!

JB

Quoting VR4orce CJ:
Enjoy Wreck Miata this year!

click

I love the video. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting VR4orce CJ:
CY,
If you look closely there are actually two nearly identical AMS Evo's in that race, Marty got all kinds of airtime (#34) and his doesn't have the white lip and then mine with the white lip is #58. Final results were Marty in 4th and me in 8th, although the SPEED channel version wih provisional results had us 5th and 10th. I got more air-time last year when I came in 18th with a separated right front wheel bearing.

From last year:

click

I just watched the you tube video of you racing, that must feel awesome to hear the announcer on the SPEED channel saying your name!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned