The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: VERY clean stock 91 GVR4 $5000 a must see!! Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am selling one of my GVR4s. I love this car! This is a very rare find in that most GVR4s for sale are all beat up or hacked to death and plagued with not only mechanical problems, but issues with the body too like faded or pealing paint, body damage, etc. This one is all stock too which is also rare. It doesn't appear that anyone has ever tried to hack something together in this thing and looks to be all original. There are NO leaks anywhere and the engine and trans work flawlessly.

UNDER THE HOOD:

This engine has had the timing belt changed about 10k miles ago. It runs very smooth and clean, doesn't smoke or use a drop of oil, no leaks, starts right up in even the coldest of mornings, pulls smooth all the way to the limiter, and is very quiet. The trans shifts cleanly and smoothly with no grinding in any gear at any time. Clutch feels strong and smooth. Turbo is clean, healthy and quiet and is a 16G- looks stock. This car is so mechanically clean and beautiful that it can be driven anywhere at any time without the need to worry about anything mechanical. Anyone interested in this vehicle is more than welcome to take it to their mechanic where I am sure they will also be stunned at how wonderful this car is. Other than the typical oil changes, this car will not require any other scheduled maintenance for another 50,000 miles!

link

link

BODY:

The body of this car is rare in that it's very clean and beautiful. The car is a 91 so it does have some door dings and some minor chips, but I doubt you will find another in this condition. Please excuse the pictures as they were taken inside (snowing outside). When the sun comes back out I will take some more at that time. The camera indoors under the dim lighting doesn't do this car justice. It looks far better in person or outside. You are looking at this car in the worst conditions possible for a clean picture. Also, the chrome trim is missing from the front passenger side door and front bumper. I have those on order from the dealer and should have those fixed by next week.

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

INTERIOR:

The interior of this car is very nice. When driving you hear NO squeaks or rattles at all. It sounds like a brand new car. Everything works including the air conditioning. There is nothing on this car that doesn't work like it's supposed to, all is as if the car rolled off the show room floor when new except for 2 things- The drivers seat has a little wear at the side and bottom, and the rear seat has a small split at the seem on the top. The first two pics below are of those trouble areas. It is difficult to take pics in this light and without a wide angle lens on the camera, but as you can see, it's nice in there! This is another great part of this car that has to be seen in person to fully appreciate!

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

Other nice things about this car are the tie rod ends, lower control arm ball joints, front struts, and brakes were replaced not too long ago as well. The tires are also new. The car drives great! It is smooth, quiet, no rattles, and is comfortable. I have been getting high 20s for gas mileage on the highway and mid 20s around town. Below is a pic of the instrument cluster to show the mileage:

link

The odometer shows 175k miles on this car.

I am asking $5000 for this car. Look around at the others and drive them before looking at mine. You will find that what I am asking is a real bargain! For the rarity of this cars condition I have seen them sell for more and since more people are hacking these cars and ruining them, these rare clean finds have been going up in price these past few years.

Contact info:

Jack M.
(719)243-5305
PM here or email at [email protected]

Thanks! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have here. I can take more pics if you would like also. I hope to have a video of the car starting, running, driving down the road, accelerating, etc here shortly when the weather gets better. I don't want to drive the car out there now that it's snowing and wet.

Last edited by a moderator:

icurunnin

let me fix that for ya
eng2.jpg

in.jpg

in2.jpg

in4.jpg

in6.jpg

infront.jpg

inhead.jpg

inrear.jpg

pass-seat.jpg

rearsplit.jpg

seat.jpg

trunk.jpg

body12.jpg

body10.jpg

body11.jpg

body7.jpg

body8.jpg

cluster.jpg

body1.jpg

body2.jpg

body3.jpg

body4.jpg

body5.jpg

Thanks! Some forums get upset if you put the pics up on the page so that's why I didn't do it to begin with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On another note, this is my personal car. This sale and car is not associated with Jacks Transmissions in any way. I am just a person and owner of a car here so please don't ask if I do loans, payment plans, etc. I seem to get those questions a lot when I sell a car for some reason... Thanks again!!

Jack

Not that I know of with the trans. It looks to be untouched. I bought the car with a dead timing belt so I rebuilt the head, and also used an MLS head gasket. That is probably why it doesn't smoke. Most cars with the kind of miles this one has will burn oil due to dead valve seals. This one doesn't because all of that is new. The bottom end is all original though from what I could see when the head was off. The pistons and cylinders looked to be in excellent condition. The crosshatch in the cylinders looked like new except for the typical shiny spots you would see from the piston skirts which is normal and doesn't bother anything.

When the head was off these parts were replaced:

Timing belt
Balance shaft belt
Tensioner pulleys
Tensioner
Idler pulley
Front crank seal
Cam seals
Oil pump seal
Balance shaft seal
EVOIII MLS head gasket

The bottom of the engine was clean and dry before all of this was done, but we replaced the seals just to be on the safe side as they did have miles on them and I didn't want to risk a leak. If I remember correctly, I believe it also has a new valve cover gasket and EVOIII exhaust mani gasket.

Thanks, let me know if there are any other questions.

Jack

toybreaker

iconoclast
1177/2000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
Dan (Gimpin), Jaymes, and I did a lot of work on this car last summer.

It is the cleanest '91 I have ever seen. (look at that front bumper! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif )

Yeah, thanks for putting all of those nice new parts in the suspension! It rides so nice! That reminds me, one other thing that was done to this car not too long ago by Toybreaker were the front struts. They are KYB OEM replacements. My brother, Tyler, Ben and I all went for a long trip in the car a few days ago and all of them were shocked on how quiet and comfortable it was. My black 91 1670/2000 that I bought over 10 years ago with 60k miles on it didn't ride as nice as this one. Every time I drive this thing I have second thoughts about selling it, but I have 10 cars so I really do need to get some of them out of here.

Jack

mistaVR4

That is a VERY nice looking GVR4!

Now thats a car that has a good caring owner! I hope that whoever buys this VR-4 takes real care of this beauty with maintenance and keeps it clean and nice.

ktmrider

Un-friggin believable, the DAY I leave the country for 3 months this gets posted....
IF this is still available at the end of March it will come to NM.
IF this is still available at the end of March I will be SICK. Yet another fine example of a great GVR4 that ( likely ) the owner will get low-balled to death.
Hold tight Jack! Toybreaker/John has put a ton of time and effort into this car, you can be 110% sure it runs as great as it looks....

Hmm, well, I doubt that it will be available then too, but if it is I will guarantee the car will make it with no issues to NM. If it breaks down on the way there I will refund your money and tow it back myself. There is no reason why this car can't make it anywhere in the US or Canada from Colorado. I will keep this car if I can't get $5k for it.

I have a few serious interests that are going to look at it from out of town tomorrow. The only thing I can think of that might stop a sale once someone test drives it is the way the car 'feels' during WOT. Stock GVR4s don't accelerate as hard as you might think and would feel slow for todays standards. I think with the 16G though that it moves pretty good on the highway. I can easily pass people in 5th without the need to downshift, and if you launch it obviously it does well off the line.

If none of the people take it tomorrow, I will post better pics, a video and more details.

Thanks again!

Jack

Edit- Oh, I also got the chrome strips in the other day for the front bumper and passenger side door too, so that is finally fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sale pending. I will update the title as soon as it's gone. Even though it didn't sell through this site, I really do appreciate the space here. Thanks a lot!!

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts