The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 638/1000 $7500 o.b.r.o. $22k Invested! Maine

Well its finally time. And what better place then here huh!?

If you followed my build for the last 4 years, you know that this has been a hard build both physically, and mentally.

Donut fun

638 build

The car was aquired after the death of my grandfather. I bought it using my inheritance. Then that car literally two weeks after I bought it began its long, fast downward spiral.
The car went through two engines, and I spent all my inheritance money to some clowns that have no idea how to build a car.

This hit a personal nerve, and a thorough rebuild was initiated that would span a little over 3 years.

During this build I was employed at F1dyno. www.F1dyno.com Maines 1st and only AWD Dyno-mite chassis unit. Not only did I get the parts entirely through the company, but the creed and ethics of a professional and pro-active build.

Engine:
-Stock, un-cut mitsu 6-bolt crank
-Torque-plate honed, line-honed, balanced, hot-tanked block.
-Factory Mitsubishi: Front cover, Timing belt and components, and B.S. Removal kit
-Clevite tri-metal bearings
-Ross 8.5:1 pistons
-Eagle Rods
-ARP everything (Main, rod, and head studs)
-Fresh 1g head rebuild
-1g intake manifold/2g ported exhaust manifold

Drivetrain:
-WQNK JDM RS Short ratio Transmission w/ USDM final drive (Alex @ Dentsport old EVO spare)
-ACT2600 Clutch
-SFI Approved Fidanza Flywheel
-4-bolt LSD Rear
-AWS Removed

Suspension:
-GVR4 Ground Controls
-KYB AGX/GR2 Up Front
-Recent brakes
-Stock GVR4 Wheels w/ All-season 195/55/15

Fuel:
-Good condition Tank (They all rust)
-Walbro 255
-Aeromotive AFPR -6 return line
-Evo 560cc injectors
-EPROM ECU with Evo inj comp
-C.O.P.

Air:
-tdo6 "Sleeper" 20g
-28"x12"x4" Garrett Bar and plate FMIC from Jp @ ETS
-3G MAF
-2.5" piping, silicone couplers, t-bolt clamps
-3" From the turbo back SS 304l V-band Exhaust

Body:
-After the hood incedent, the car got LS Hood, Trunk, and tails
-Few dents, Three big knuckle sized dents where the hood hit the roof
-Car was Belize, now its Ford Grey
-119k pretty low miles

There are a ton of brand new parts on the car that I have the boxes and reciepts for, tons of things I am forgetting I'm sure but the answers are a PM away.

It is either I sell the whole car running, making about 330hp to the wheels on 91.

OR
I part the car out, and all you Vultures can get parts for your cars!

It doesn't matter to me, either way the car is going I am finally done exerting myself over a car. I need to get my life back, and this is the first step.

PM and I will get you my number, and we can speak on it live on the phone.

I appreciate everything Galantvr4.org has done for me in this build-up, and wish all of you the very best luck. Something I didn't have in this project.

Regards,

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Staff member
Current pics?

Part it out if you want more cash.

*Original post edited per sellers request*

Last edited by a moderator:

atc250r

Staff member
Please add pics or this thread will be removed.

Thanks, will do real soon.

I'm on a macintosh right now and its beating me...

Brent, the car absolutely rips and its tuned for 91 octane, as thats all we get in Maine now.

I did not go to the track this year as I was taking my time, but on 91 octane tuned for 23 psi its gotta be in the high 12's at 105mph or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

looks like you got some of 638's old parts on your car, gotta love the Mitsubishi enthusiast's salvage savvy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ctm

confirmed 1st dibs on the tranny if part-out decision occurs. thanks nick.

New pics up and a video. I will get sound fixed on it.

Also got a few lowball offers, but this car has a lot of work done, one-off parts, and a forged engine. Make em *reasonable* guys.

Regards,

Noted.

Is anyone in the market for an entire car that is well built? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

update.

Car is dropping the 20g, and obtaining gold 17" FNO1R's

But it hasn't happened yet, last call for the 20g setup, then its 16g and sick forged wheels.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned