The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD Black 92 2.3 stroker, many extras, runs poorly $3900 NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

93accordEX

Ok some of you may remember this car being up for sale a few months ago and I was the one who picked it up. Unfortunately I'm not going to be completing this project as the house that I live in with my grandmother is being sold since she passed away. Because of that what I'm trying to do is get rid of everything galant related that I have all at once, which is where all the extras come in. So for now this price is firm and the car comes with everything. If it ends up not selling for a while I may part out uninstalled pieces and eventually part out the entire car. However that won't be for a while so don't ask yet. I bought the car in the condition that its in, so I'll do my best with answering question but I may not know everything 100%.

So heres some info on the car:

92 Nile black no sunroof car
150,895 miles on chassis
~35k miles on engine/aftermarket parts
Clean title in my name (this was a problem with it from the previous owner, but now its fine ready to go)
So I reccommend a trailer, but this car does run. It has a stock 1g dsm ecu and a bunch of other electronics controlling it. So it runs pretty shitty. At the minimum I wanted to get a chipped ecu with a custom chip but I never even bought an ecu, just the chip. Really what I wanted to do was rip out everything and get an AEM EMS. I've never driven it, just heard the engine started up. Its also very loud with no exhaust installed. Anyways on to the mods.

HEAD
Fully built and blueprinted HKS head
HKS 272 cams
HKS cam gears
HKS turbo valves, springs, retainers
BJs intake manifold
80mm BBK throttle body
780 Precision injectors
AEM fuel rail
Custom coil pack setup

BLOCK
Fully blueprinted block
Ross 8.5:1 pistons
Eagle rods
2.3 stroker kit
Fidanza flywheel
ACT 2600 clutch kit

TURBO
Turbonetics T-66-1 turbo
Pruven Performance Octopus turbo manifold
Tial 44mm wastegate
Greddy blow off valve
Custom intercooler
Custom 3" piping but JRs Performance shop

ELECTRONICS
Stock 1g dsm ecu
HKS VPC
HKS GCC
Greddy turbo timer (not installed)
Apex-i AVCR Boost controller
Autometer Boost gauge
Pioneer CD player

OTHER
Fluidyne radiator with 1 slim pusher fan and 1 puller
Custom oil cooler w/ 90 dsm filter housing
New front calipers and pads
Out of tank fuel pump unknown brand
JDM tranny
A/C removed
P/S and 4ws removed
4 Bolt LSD rear end

EXTRAS not on the car
left rear door molding
spare good shifting tranny
spare 4 bolt lsd with 1 axle
new rotors for all 4 corners
new rear pads
oem fuel filter
balance shaft elimination kit
valve cover gasket
2g ported o2 housing
2g ported manifold
stock wastegate
some offbrand boost gauge
greddy egt gauge with probe and data link unit. I think its everything needed for it to work
1 set of 3g lifters
2 palm cables
assorted gaskets
dsm thermostat housing
91 green wagon wheels w/ decent tires. Theyre in really nice shape just a bit dirty
JIC 3" stainless exhaust
RRE evo 3 downpipe
2 1/2" - 3" downpipe
Might be forgetting a couple little things here and there, everything will be going with the car.

As for the body of the car, pretty much no rust on the exterior except for a tiny bit starting on the trunk where the spoiler bolts on. The hood wasn't latched and flew up one day leaving it in pretty bad shape. The windshield is fine, the roof suffered a little dent. The paint is fading on the spoiler. There are no mirrors. On the bottom of the doors a little bit of corrosion is starting. Underneath is actually pretty clean. The pinch welds are a bit rusty. The flash makes some areas look worse. There are 2 bad spots right at the front where the car was jacked up improperly. It poked holes through the sheetmetal which then turned rusty. The metal underneath that is fine though. Again it looks worse from the flash, its not like the car is rotting apart, just trying to be honest about everything.

The interior is in pretty good shape just really dirty right now. The steering wheel sucks. The leather is very nice, the seam on the rear seat back is starting to split at the top. Also has a momo shift knob. Headliner is good but started to sag a little in the back.

So all in all I'm just looking to pass this project on to someone else for what I have into it (with all the extras I'm including and getting the title sorted) because I know I won't realistically be doing anything to it anytime soon. If it won't sell like this after a while I will consider a part out.

[email protected] $3900 firm

Jason

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

If it has all you say then it is crazy cheap.

im trying to get him to trade me for my wagon so i can put the engine in your car.

93accordEX

Just to clarify Im going off of an old list of mods from the previous owner for items I can't visibly see. By HKS head it was just meant that it had basically everything HKS offered. Im not sure what shop did the work. As for the rods I'm actually not sure I'm going to try and contact the previous owner. I think it might have actually been eagle.

93accordEX

anyone else interested in the whole package as is? I know a bunch of you want parts, but I'm not ready to part everything out yet.

Sorry if I missed a note above, but didn't you sell some of the mods on ebay a while back like the JIC exhaust?

i would liked to buy ur grill n tail light
do u want sell it to me?

Last edited by a moderator:

93accordEX

not parting out yet. I had tried selling the exhaust on ebay before, the buyer never came through. I had also sold other parts from one of my other galants, but anything off of this car has not been touched and everything pictured/listed is included.

93accordEX

I'll let the car go for $2800 without all the extra uninstalled stuff. I don't want to actually part out the car itself yet.

NateCrisman

Very interested in the car w/o the uninstalled stuff

93accordEX

And now a new option. I didn't think I would do this, but a few of you have been asking me to trade and with the way this economy is right now it might be my best option. So I will be considering trades for a daily driver/winter vehicle. preferably with awd/4wd. Preferably a station wagon or some kind of small truck. But I am open to any interesting vehicles. So let me know what you've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts