The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: LS1 swaped 88 RX7 $11000 Baton Rouge LA

147/1000

Up for grabs is my prized possession for the past year and a half. It’s a 1988 Mazda Rx7 GTU. To give you some background on Rx7s the GTU is the sportiest of the N/A 7s. It has manual windows and locks, 4.10s, LSD, turbo seats, 4 wheel discs and so on.
Now for the important stuff:

Chassis: 88 GTU, w/ 91 JDM tails, 85k miles, no rust straight body maybe has two dings. The paint is a little dry but I am going to take care of that this week, by giving it a little buff and wax. The interior is in really good shape for its age, with the exception of the dash having a little heat rash from the sun. The driver’s seat also is a little dirty and could use a steam cleaning.

Engine and Trans: 98 LS1 short block w/ 20k miles on it, it was tore down just to ensure everything was perfect. 241 heads with slight bowl work, upgraded valves and springs, 224/224 114 LSA Comp cam, March Performance pullies, MSD plug wires, EGR delete, K&N filter, Custom BBK long tube headers to a custom x-pipe routing exhaust to a 3” E-cutout, or out the back through two Racing Beat N/A mufflers (ridiculously quiet). Lokar billet shifter mounted to 4L60e with a 3k stall, (Autotragic I know, But hey its faster)

Electronics: I made the cluster from a carbon fiber plate, using Autometer Cobalt Gauges. It holds the basics down, fuel, tach, speedo, and volts. Also in a separate CF pod are three Prosport gauges, which consist of oil pressure, water temp, and fuel pressure. I also have a Autometer cobalt digital A/F gauge that isn’t installed yet.

Misc: 3rd gen wheels out back, numerous new sensors including O2s and a crank angle sensor, OBDII port, I have but never installed a Zex Wet kit complete w/ a bottle heater. I am sure that there is more that I am missing but this is all off the top of the head.

Looking to sell outright for 11,000 OBO. OR trade for a vr4 of equal value or lesser plus cash. Any questions please PM.

Sorry for the crappy pics. i will try to get some more and fix that.

Last edited:

bump for an awsome car wish i had the cash my friend ......ive owned 2 2nd gen 7's and never got to do the swap still plan on it in the future though

rheckert

Posting some better pictures would help greatly!GLWS

Flip4G63

humm tempting VERY tempting.

just dont know if i wanna part with 1439 i kinda like having 2 lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts