The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:78' Porsche 911SC with Subaru conversion $9K Gilbert AZ

kcpaz

I'm posting this ad as a feeler of sorts. This car is a project that I finished almost a year ago, and I'm looking to possibly move onto something else. It's not that I'm not pleased with the car... because honestly, it's exceeded all of my expectations. It's just that I love projects and I would have to sell this car to make room for something else. So here is the story on the build...

I bought the chassis (it's a 78' 911SC) as a rolling chassis. I had researched buying a used 911 drive train, and decided that I didn't want to spend the $6-$8k for a used Porsche engine/transmission. Instead I decided to design and make my own, custom Subaru engine conversion. I didn't feel that a V8 conversion was an appropriate alternative to the Porsche boxer engine, so I researched Subaru engines and found that the EG33 engine was VERY similar in displacement and size as the stock 3.0 SC engine. In fact, the EG33 is lighter, more powerful (50 more HP than the stock Porsche engine), cheaper to buy and maintain, got better gas mileage than the Porsche engine. My mind was made up and I started the build. Here are the specs for all components involved in making this engine bolt into the 911 chassis...

-120K mile EG33 engine (3.3 litre engine out of a 1992 Subaru SVX)mated to a stock 915 transmission
-Kennedy Engineering adapter kit, clutch kit, and flywheel
-Custom motor mount system
-Custom tubular headers (heat wrapped)
-Custom stainless steel exhaust
-Custom aluminum intake system
-Custom aluminum racing radiator with shrouding
-Stainless braided cooling hoses -16 and -20 AN fittings
-Custom fuel system with Pierburg pump and -6 stainless braided lines
-Custom aluminum fuel tank utilizing stock fuel fill
-Modified Subaru engine management system with converted Porsche VDO gauges

The car also has the following...

-17x7.5 and 17x9 Rota Fox, Fuchs replica wheels
-Falken RT615 tires (only 1000 miles on them)
-IROC fiberglass bumpers and tail (still need final body work and paint)
-New door seals

For more info on the build, visit the link below. I documented the entire build start to finish. The car currently has 5000 miles on the conversion and I haven't has a single problem with any aspect of it... even in HOT AZ SUMMER weather.

click

I'm asking $9,000 for the car and as of right now, the price is firm. Like I said, this is sort of a feeler ad. I'm in no hurry to sell it. I LOVE the car and I enjoy driving it. It's just in the way of other ambitions.

You can also call me at 602-697-0956 for more info, or e-mail me at [email protected]

VIDEO!!!
click

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

DCP_6759.jpg

DCP_6752.jpg

Last edited:

kcpaz

no.... but only because I'm expecting my own first born in 5-6 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Bummer, SICK whip...if you don't sell, and work goes as planned in a few months we will be talking.

water cooled 911s with swaps are awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What an awesome project! Great job on fabrication! $11k is a steal for this car.

I am glad that I have my Mitsu powered TR7 project I just might have picked this up...

boostedinaz

I have seen this car in person and it is absolutley amazing. Someone needs to buy this.

G

Staff member
Looks nice! Is that rust though?

GVR-4

In the close ups it looks like it's insulation.

VR4ownzU

Quoting GVR-4:

That comes rust colored now huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

GVR-4

No, not now, but from a German manufacturer in 1978? Possibly. Look at the photos in the 13 pages in the link he posted.

blacksheep

Quoting VR4ownzU:
Quoting GVR-4:

DCP_63611192679159.jpg

DCP_63591192679184.jpg

kcpaz

That's not rust. It's the spray in glue that they used back in the day to glue in the sound pad in the engine bay, and the insulation on the firewall. Porsche started galvanizing their 911 chassis in 1977. This particular car was originally from California, and then ended up in AZ. There is absolutely no rust on it anywhere.

Polish

Quoting VR4ownzU:
Quoting GVR-4:

Pwned again, time for a title update..

Bump for an amazing car, if I were loaded I'd snatch that thing up in a second.

johnnyRacer

I thought I would miss that throaty air cooled sound, but man this car sound really cool.

kcpaz

here are some interior shots. It needs a quick vacuum, but at least you can see it's all there and in good shape.

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

kcpaz

kcpaz

1 day and 18 hours left on ebay...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts