The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1439/2000 Sold

Car is now located in the very north end of the Texas Panhandle. It is very near Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado.

This is Crankwalk's old car. I took it in trade for my Porsche. It is a great car but I really want a Lotus Europa so I am thinking about selling.

Asking $8,500 without the Volks wheels, $9,000 with the Volks. It runs great! It made the thousand mile trip from Atlanta with no problems and the 400 mile plus trip from Crane to Booker, TX.

This car comes with paperwork dating back to 1991. Receipts, ad's,stock white 1992 wheels with good tires, brochures for the car, as well as the original keyfob. The car was featured in Jan 2007 S3 magazine and you will recieve some copies of that magazine to have.

Let's begin.

Under Hood

Hyundai Elantra valve cover
PTE 5031e internally wastegated
Extreme Motorsports ported Evo III manifold
Extreme Motorsports ported 02 housing
Extreme Motorsports exhaust with twin tips
4gperformance 3 in intake
2g Maf
Web cams(272 intake/276 exhaust)
Bosch 500HP in tank fuel pump
Evo 8 560cc injectors
4gperformance FMIC setup
1g DSM/GVR4 Bypass valve
Greddy Kevlar Timing belt kit
90 DSM external oil cooler
Keydiver chip with all options

Driveline
Shep stage 1 tranny with Evo steel shift forks
Clutch Specialties 2900lb clutch kit

Suspension/Brakes

Koni yellow shocks/struts
Eibach prokit lowering springs
Volk Racing TE37 16x8 +35 with Advan A048 tires (tires are shot included at the $9000 price. NOT included for $8500)
Powerstop rotors
Hawk Brake Pads
Stainless steel brake/clutch lines

Exterior

JDM bumper with a little black mesh over the front fascia and amber fogs
JDM corner lights
JDM headlights with City Lights
JDM replica decals from ten8teen.com
93 Tailights
MMC Evolution emblem
Thule Bike Rack
20% tint

Interior

2003 Evolution VIII Front and rear seats on custom brackets
1G Steering Wheel
2G shift knob with 1G leather boot
Blitz BL series boost gauge
Blitz BL series EGT gauge
Lotek dual a pillar pod
Cyberdyne A/F gauge
Apexi S-AFC II
Greddy Profec Type S boost controller
Alpine MP3/CD/CDR/ head unit with remote
Viper alarm system
Pioneer 4 channel amp

The Good

Everything about the car is complete and you can drive it ANYWHERE. The car is rust free with minor, and I mean MINOR exceptions. Pics upon request. MINIMAL dings and scrathes. Hard to find and many members have seen the car in person and can vouch. For 17 years old, its MINT inside and out.
The Bad
The gas gauge doesn't work. The light comes on but after the Bosch 044 install it just didn't work. The float needs to be either adjusted or a new sending unit (now works most of the time). There is also as small spot on the drivers side skirt that the paint bubbled and peeled. Its an isolated area and the skirt is white anyway so its hard to tell. She has 180k on her now and the top end was rebuilt by Mitsubishi at 88k.
Pics and writeup provided by Crankwalk.

New pics addded at bottom of thread to show hail damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Had an offer that I accepted but I haven't heard back from the guy. So...make an offer.

There is a chance i may be interested. I pulled some cash out of the 401k to by a sti swapped gc8 but the guys problem list keeps growing...............

^Do it! This car is awesome and I'd buy it back if I could and keep all my cars in a giant warehouse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For anyone near Colorado:
There is a Europa on E Bay right now:
click
That car plus a little cash and transportation to Booker, Texas and you just might have a deal!

Sender unit in the tank has been repaired. Gas guage now works.
Make an offer. I may be interested in the right trade.

I see why you want one.

66ba_3.JPG

Pretty cool little car. That one looks like the 911.

Somebody buy the car! Its complete package. Engine, interior, bumpers, wheels etc. etc.

Here's one in Wisconsin.
click
Buy it and deliver it and I may even trade straight up.

Jay,
Europas also make the 911 look huge! They are only 41 inches tall and 1500 pounds.

Here's a random pic from the 'net

Last edited by a moderator:

Im trying to make this easy for someone. This car delivered plus $1500 and my Galant is yours.

Had the car sold for $11,500 and then....
We had the Mother of All Hail Storms....
So... I have lowered the price.
$8,500 without the Volks rims. $9,000 with the Volks.
And NO I will NOT sell the Volks before the car sells.

The passenger side and escaped with no damage. The drivers side has a few dents. The hood, roof and trunk are pretty beat. I tried to show th damage as best as possible.
The windshield is broken in the bottom left corner but I believe it would pass a Texas safety inspection. Also, a new windshield installed is less than $200.

Please reread the first post as I have edited it to include new price both with and without the Volks.

strokin4dr

Damn, dude. That totally blows!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I know the feeling though. I was caught in a tornado in my civic hatch in june but made it out with very little hail damage on just the hood. Good luck with the sale.
-Ryan

The Insurance adjuster just looked at my other vehicles. They are all totalled (2002 is my newest). The Mitsu came through the storm with a LOT less damage. I was stupid and moved it into the garage during the worst of the storm. I had some pretty good bruises to prove it too.

It can be driven as is or for the $2500 off my original price you can do an awesome paint job!

Have liablility but not comprehensive.

I'm in a good mood today. Someone needs to make an offer!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts