The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: '91 Galant VR4 in Mass (SOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

After nearly a year of enjoyment, I am afraid I am going to have to sell my daily driven Galant VR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif .

click

2909655_1_full.jpg

2909655_2_full.jpg

It has been very mildly modified to make a very comfortable and reliable daily driver! It has 139k miles, working AC and no sunroof.

The previous owner did a lot VERY expensive repairs (for which I have a stack of invoices). But just to name a few:

NEW OEM gas tank (~$1200)
NEW OEM alternator (~$500)
Remanufactured ECU (~$500)

It took me nearly a year to build this car and this is what I have done:

Brakes:
- New 4 rotors/pads
- 4 remanufactured calipers
- New OEM e-brake cables
- New Stainless steel brake lines

Suspension/wheels/tires:
- Energy Suspension bushings in the front
- ST sway bar in the rear (a MUST for all 1Gs and Galants!)
- AWS delete (converted to DSM steering rack, PS reservoir and PS lines)
- 16x7 aftermarket wheels with 225/50/16 all season tires (fronts are new, rears are in very good shape) – sorry, I do not yet have photos of those rims.
- 15x6 stock wheels with HUGE Blizzak snow tires (215/65/15, as I recall). The car was absolutely unstoppable this past winter!

Drivetrain:
- ACT 2100
- 4 bolt rear end
- New PS front axle
- New DS rear wheel bearings/seals.
- BRAND NEW transfer case and upgraded yoke
- BG Synchroshift (tranny shifts AWESOME!!!)

Engine:

2909655_3_full.jpg

-6 bolt block w/~100k miles. Great compression and it burns virtually NO OIL!!!
- Rebuilt cylinder head
- Mitsu MLS head gasket
- Removed balance shafts
- New timing belt
- New water pump
- New NGK plug wires
- All new rubber hoses

Performance:
- Ported EVO3 16G (mitsu) w/~8k miles
- Ported 2G manifold
- Ported 02 housing (no boost creep!!!)
- EVO9 fuel pump (flows a bit more than 190lph Walbro)
- 2.5/3” Stainless turbo/back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler (very quite 82 db at idle)
- Hallman manual boost controller
- TMO Stage 3 ECU

Interior:

2909655_6_full.jpg

2909655_5_full.jpg

- New JVC CD/MP3 player w/HD radio tuner. (with storage din underneath)
- DSM leather steering wheel
- Shortened GVR4 shifter (fits better than DSM shifters)
- DSM leather shifter boot.
- VDO 2” boost gauge
- Interior is in great shape!

I have done a lot of little things: like removing just about anything that can be removed, sand blasting and then repainting it. Replacing many bolts with stainless steel socket heads. Everything was done over 11-12 months, with meticulous care. I built it a personal car in which I often transported my kids, so everything had to be PERFECT!!!

The only thing that I never got around to fixing is the body. Overall it is a pretty clean car, with very little rust (my original attraction to this particular car)! But it has the following deficiencies:

-small dent in the PS rear 1/4 panel (most people do not even notice it)
-scratches in paint on the rear bumper
-rust on the front lip of the hood (common on pretty much ALL Mitsus from the 90’s).

I could never recoup my actual investment in this car, but I do want to sell it quick. So first $4400 takes it. I would be willing to keep ether set of rims for a $200 credit.

I could work-in a bunch of other mods that I have sitting on the shelf for extra money. So lets talk…

Last edited by a moderator:

Polish

AWD delete? Do you mean AWS delete maybe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice car, should sell quick.

Yea, AWD is over rated, I prefer FWD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Enjoy the car, Sean!

I am very sad to see it go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. This was one of most enjoyable vehicles that I have driven in many years!

My Summit isn’t there yet, but I hope to bring it to a point where it will take over that title /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts