The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: #756/2000 $3,500 o.b.o. located in Corpus Christi, Tx.

RACER-X

Well since the demise of my 99 GSX in mid 03 money has not been at my disposal. I purchased my Galant in late 03 or early 04 (cant remember) in Austin. The car for the most part has remained in the conditioned that it was purchased in. With only one income house hold and a family of 5 it difficult to make ends meet (wife went back to school 1 1/2yrs ago and stopped working 3 yr ago before the birth of my son) so getting my Galant in the condition I would like to see it in has been impossible. With nothing to drive and bills and no extra money I've grown tired of the disappointments and am now forced to sell.

Condition:

No major dents and decient paint for a 17 yr old car. Its Nile Black with 95-98% tread life left. One small 1/2 dollar size rip on the dash by production # but can be glued back and Im sure would be hard to notice. Leather is in good shape with some wear on drivers seat near adjustments... however there are no rips, stains, or tears. 14b turbo crapped out 1st yr I owned it. Replaced with a very nice low milage 14b from a friend of mine. Compressor is ported and polished as well as hot side. Factory exhaust manifold had cracks so it was replaced with a EVOIII and was ported and polished to match the turbo as was the o2 housing (also a EVOIII). It also has a Keydiver EPROM ... stock took a crap and Jeff was nice enough to find me a EPROM, socket it, and chip it with every option (also have stock chip). Everything else on the car is stock. I purchased a JDM 6bolt long block 6 month ago but like I said no money so it sits in my garage. Ive cleaned it up a little but thats about it. I will be including it in the sale.

Current engine in the car has no knocks, leaks, idle is steady, and compression is 160-158. Body has 180,000 on it, not sure about the engine and rest of the drivetrain. Tranny shifts smoothly but can be notchie in second if shifting over 5k. A/C and heat are both in excelent condition as are the brakes. All power buttons work. AWD and AWS are intact and work as they should.

Now for the bad:

Waterpump leaks (weep hole) so yes its bad. When I put the EVOIII o2 housing I wasnt aware that it wouldnt mate up to the stock down pipe so I cut it at the end of the bend. The rest of the exhaust is there and bolted up but its missing about 1' from the o2 housing to the end of the bend on the down pipe. I lost the title over a yr ago and hadnt transfered the title under my name. I have the previous owners work number but after several attempts he has yet to contact me. Could use a couple of hundered dollars in body work and a nice paint job to finally start turning heads and get the attention it should.

here's the vin JA3CX56U2MZ011937

RACER-X

Ah forgot contact info... if anyone is intrested you can reach me on my cell day or night.. I work night so please no calls before 9am. Cell # 361-737-2748 (Corpus Chrisit, Tx) e mail is [email protected] or [email protected] IM's corpusgsx on AIM and WFOVR4 on yahoo.

RACER-X

all i did was a quick wash and the sun was drying the car while I was washing it hence the wather spots and water lines on the body and glass, no it does not look like that.

Since the pics are to big Im having to xfer my file to photo bucket which now you can only up load one pic at a time so its taking forever... so here are the 1st 3 pics out of the 16 i took today

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

Still need to down load and resize the interior pics and roof of the car.. will do within the next day or so.

Last edited:

RACER-X

Price drop

$3,000 for my Galant w/ the JDM engine. or $2,000 for the Galant and $1,100 for the JDM engine.

As always its OBO

RACER-X

there wouldnt be a price drop if I had a title... price will go up if and when I get the title; however I am still working on it.

Last edited:

RACER-X

Dropping price again.. I want this thing gone. $1800 for the car obo $1500 without the EPROM ECU.

JDM longblock $950 or $800 without 550cc inj.

Flip4G63

mabey i missed something. i'm guessing there IS a motor in it right now but the water pump is leaking. PLUS your throwing in another motor? or is the JDM motor you speak of the one in the car?

how does the one thats in it run? cp numbers?

RACER-X

Yes it is a running car and runs strong.. prob is no title. the JDM engine is the spare. Exactly, the only prblem with the car is that it has a bad waterpump. Compression #s on the car were taken last yr.. its had less then 100mile put on it since then, hell prob less then 50. #'s were 156-160. Cant remember exact numbers per cylinder; I didnt write them down but the lowest was 156 and the highest was 160.

RACER-X

No, sorry.

Flip4G63

f*** this is tempting.. i go to corpus alot for work if i get up there again pretty soon i'll let you know so i can come look at it. hell i might even be moving there next year lol

RACER-X

Moving here.. that would be sweet. We can always use a few more mitus owners. O and if you come down let me know.

Flip4G63

just left about 4 days ago. lol

next time in in the area i'll for sure let you know i wanna check the car out.

RACER-X

sounds good

RACER-X

Back from the dead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Orig. title, thats right I didnt sutter ORIG. TITLE found, finally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .... been missing for yrs and of all places behind a drawer in my dresser. For 6 freaking yrs its been there. LOL

Well back up for sale. Nothing has been removed, nothing has changed. Paint has oxidized on roof, and spoiler has bubbles on clear coat. Other then that exterior looks the same. I will take pics tomorrow after returning from church.

Only mechanical issue that has developed is the fuel neck where it attaches to the gas tank drips fuel when filled. Guessing from sitting the gasket that goes there has worn away.

Interior wise also do to the sun the seams on the back seats at the top have started to split. I will take pictures of that tomorrow as well.

Due to few new issues that have come up I am adjusting the original price from $3,500 to $2,8000 obo

I will be busy this week but one of the perks of being married, you can send your wife to run your errands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif So I'll have the title in my name this weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts