The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 VR4 $1,500 #503/1000 Portland, OR Accident damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekschulz

92 GVR4 503/1000 Portland, OR Accident $1,500

1992 Galant VR4, Kensington Grey, no sunroof, 172,000 mi, Salvage Title
This car was in a head on accident a couple months ago while I was up skiing. The insurance company originally estimated that it could be repaired, but after the body shop removed the bumper and found some damage to the bumper mount they determined that due to the extra costs to repair it was totaled. Prior to the accident the car was running great. The car has been well maintained and a Pacific Northwest car its entire life. The body shop said the damage is repairable but I’ve decided to sell the car as it is and move on. This has been a great car.

The previous owner (Teet) began modifying this car years ago and it has been a reliable (seriously, if you maintain them they just keep going), well put together, exciting ride. The car rips.

Mobil 1 every 3k miles with new filter
block/head have never been separated
Passed DEQ with zero tweaking the last 9 years...but no
guarantees going forward of course

Engine:
6 bolt 4g63
16g turbo
95+ exhaust manifold
all turbo stuff ported
Starion IC, 2 1/4 inch hard pipes
New style lifters
3 inch intake, K&N filter
2.5 inch exhaust, Magnaflow muffler, twin exhaust tips
Supra twin turbo fuel pump
MAF-T
RC 550cc injectors
Big throttle body elbow
Timing belt, water pump, dampener recently replaced,

Last edited:

464/2K

buy it and fix it for the gf!!

Flip4G63

f*** they kill stuff for minor sh*t now days. i wish insurance companys relized what they are worth.

turbowop

Looks like I'll be picking this thing up.

headbang_1.gif

turbowop

It made the 180 mile trip home flawlessly. I drove 95% of I-84 using cruise control. This is gonna make a great ski car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW, Erik, my girlfriend and I called State Farm and were told that we are good to go on having driven the car home without contacting them. The uninsured ticket I got on the way home won't stick, since I was technically insured. Stupid trooper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My driveway is starting to get a bit cramped. All vehicles are mine other than my girlfriend's Prelude. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ekschulz

Hey, you told me you only drove it on Sundays to church and back like an old lady! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark, I hope you have as much fun with this car as I did......and apparently Teet.

turbowop

Thanks!

I've begun digging into the car a bit while I wait on the title. I can't get to the body shop to pull out the bumper mount until I get that all finished, so I decided to go through the interior and clean it up along with reorganizing the battery relocation wiring and gauge wiring. I actually took the interior completely apart today and removed the carpet so that I can clean it also. I found about $5 in change, four AA batteries, various nuts/bolts, three sockets, a 1/4" extension and a nice swivel head 12mm gear-wrench. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Polish

Score!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting teet:
miss that car...

[/url]

Nice dirt drifting on the way to church. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

ktmrider

Quoting ekschulz:
Sold.
Damn I'm going to miss that car.

They're waxing poetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts