The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 GVR4 229/1000 Nile Black $4000 Orlando, FL

VR4Scott

Here's a link to my craigslist ad. click
The car has the 4 bolt rear end swap, 5 lug swap, 4ws delete. The interior is very clean except for some spots in the carpet. The only thing missing is the passenger rear dogleg. Just replaced the 2nd turbo in 3 weeks, bad news to me and it seems like a money pit. The ad says 5000 obo, on this forum its 4000 obo.

Last edited:

Wow, I looked at this car about 6 months ago, at the time the motor had just been rebuilt with 500miles on it. I had the chance to buy it for 1200 and it still didn't seem worth it to me. The trunk was rusted out, the hood had more than the usual rust the entire undercarriage in the back was rusted out, the bumper in the back and the front were slightly fubared and the trunk wouldn't close as well as some body damage on the rear passenger or drivers side. The interior was in excellent shape, just missing the truck carpet, but that was the only thing on the car the impressed me. Seems to have an ebay intercooler, stock turbo at the time and a hyundi engine/valve cover. It did not have an oil cooler and the lines were ghetto rigged with some bolts to seal them leaking oil, I don't know if you fixed all those lines but I hope that's not why the turbos keep going. Also the oil pressure was through the roof, don't know if that matters either.

Not trying to talk anyone out of it, but I was expecting to steal the car for the 2500 bucks when I talked to the seller on the phone he said the car was just about perfect, when I got there to see it the only thing perfect was the interior, I left and he called me an hour later and told me the car was mine for 1200 bucks cash that day, I passed up the offer. Just know this before you waste your time driving to check it out.

VR4Scott

Let me correct some of this guys exaggerations. The trunk is not rusted out, but there is about an inch spot of rust on the outside under the vr4 logo on the taillight an is missing half the trim and carpet. I haven't had a problem closing the trunk since I bought it. The picture above shows the damage of the rear passenger corner and the bumper has what looks like a car rubbed against it there. The front bumper has a crack right under the front mount. The intercooler has a turbonetics symbol on the side of it and it does have a stock turbo. Sorry, I'm not gonna waste some money and just slap a big turbo on it without upgrading a bunch of other stuff. I replaced the valve cover with a Mitsu valve cover. Oil cooler is absent because the previous owner was afraid of oil antifreeze mixture which has happened to him before, but turbos went because they already had shaft play and I tried to use my MBC.

The seller which this guy refers to is my friend and I know when this guy came to look at it, it wasn't back together yet and galantgsx offered him 1500. The guy said no and told him 1200 just for the shell. So, I ended up buying it, but I have other financial responsibilities to attend to.

By the way 4500 is just a starting price. Any other questions?

First I was offered the whole car together and running for 1200 bucks, it had been together and running I think for about 440 miles, and I never made any offer for the vehicle.....Second how about the rust on the undercarriage where you can poke it with your finger and metal crumbles? I know this is the same car because of the way the gauges are mounted as well as the boost controller and also the eclipse wheels.

i am thinking of going down and looking at this car. but i hate rust!!! only 4 hours away. is it that rusty? suspension, bolts etc? what is the vin #. where is the car from?

VR4Scott

Quoting GalantGSX:
First I was offered the whole car together and running for 1200 bucks, it had been together and running I think for about 440 miles, and I never made any offer for the vehicle.....Second how about the rust on the undercarriage where you can poke it with your finger and metal crumbles? I know this is the same car because of the way the gauges are mounted as well as the boost controller and also the eclipse wheels.

I just wanted to put out there what he said. I read your reply and I called him to find out his side of the story. Mostly what he said was you seemed kind of cocky and criticised alot of things, but said the motor ran very strong and the interior was sharp. Either way, just giving his response. The spot I think your talking about is behind the rear dogleg where you put a jack, the driver side is fairly rusty and the passenger side is just kinda rusty. I don't think it just crumbles.

VR4Scott

VIN# JA3CX56U6NZ009416

A little history of the car from what I've been told and from what I remember of the carfax report is that it was purchased brand new in minnesota, stayed there for roughly 6 years then came to a few places in FL and has been around FL since. The 2nd owner was a guy in Ocala, FL who did the swaps and used it as a daily driver/ track car. I guess money got tight, some things got broken, and it ended up sitting for a year in his front yard. Sterling, my friend, was driving and saw it had a for sale sign on it and he ended up buying it, with no motor, no exhaust, no radiator etc.., basically a shell with tranny and full interior minus trunk. He searched for parts and rebuilt everything piece by piece. After finally getting everything done, he goes to test it and comes to find out that it chirps gears 3 and 4. So he got pissed off and ended up selling it to me. I've had it since around Thanksgiving 07. I just started using it as a DD in the beginning of April, after I blew my 2g. What can you say? DSM's...

I'm a pretty easy going guy, and I had nothing bad to say about sterling, just the car but I'm not posting this to make friends but instead save some prospective buyers the time I wasted. I'm definately cocky when it comes to buying a car thats rusty and beat up, and yeah the metal actually fell off when i poked it. Oh ya the car is also missing both fog lights, the abs controller was leaking, and there was also a dent on one of the A-pillars. One day I'll finally find a mint vr4 and I will show you what can be had for $4500 a beat up retired 11 second race car is not what I was looking for.

VR4Scott

bump for price update. anybody wanna disregard this guy and ask questions of their own?

VR4Scott

Sold for 2500

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts