The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 Green Galant VR4 +extras, Upper Michigan, $4000 obo

91GVR4

****UPDATE 10/31/12 ****
Yet another update on my poor car. I have moved again and still can't get anyone to come through with some cash for this car or the massive amount of parts it comes with. With a wife and now four kids I need money more then just about anything. Hit me up with a resonable offer and the car is yours. My new number 907-429-3160.

****UPDATE 9/17/10****
Another update. I have a friend who is attempting to sell my car for me. He informs me that the alternator is not working and the power steering rack is now leaking fluid. He is trying to get it running better, but frankly I don't think he knows a lot about Mitsus.
Someone needs to buy this car and love it. I hate to see it sit for another winter in the snow. I am years away from being able to try and use it again. Make me an offer that is reasonable and I will take it. You will get a steal on the parts alone. I am on here several times a week so shoot me a PM if you want a good deal on a VR4.

It is time for the baby to leave the nest. I am changing jobs, moving far away, and can only take so many toys. I have owned this car since 2002 and put lots of time and money into it. It handles and shifts better then a lot of other cars I have driven. As with all Galants it needs some TLC, mostly in the paint department. Here is the list of mods and goodies.
Body:
204k miles on body
A little rust on the under side, no cancer, just surface stuff
The paint has seen better days, it has two small spots of surface rust, and could use a good buff.
Hood has small paint chips
Small dents various places on car.
A good paint job would do this car wonders.

Suspension:
HotBits dual spring coil-overs all around(non-adjustable valving).
HotBits camber plates on front, pillow mounts on rear.
Whiteline swaybars front(24mm) and rear(26mm).
Newer Mitsu swaybar endlinks.
Whiteline front caster bushings.
Four wheel steer still functioning(not sure if that is a plus or minus)

Driveline:
New driveshaft bearings
New right front half shaft
New rear wheel bearings
Irotors drilled, slotted, and zinc washed front rotors.
Carbon matalic brake pads on all four brakes.
Mofugas DOT braided brake lines on all four brakes.
Prestone synthetic brake fluid.
Rebuilt transfer case with new yolk and seals.
TRE rebuilt trany with talon first gear and double synchro second gear.
BG syncro shift in trany
ACT 2600 with street disk
New slave piston
AMS oil gear oil in diffs.
17" rims with very bald Falkin tires
Stock rims with Nokian winter tires.

Engine:
Six bolt rebuilt aprox 10k miles ago.
Wesco pistons 8.5:1 .020 oversized
Eagle rods.
New oil pump.
ARP main studs
Comtec MLS head gasket.
New OEM damper pully
2g exhaust manifold ported to match gasket.
Evo3 O2 housing.
SBR GT10 turbo (dual ball bearing) with stainless feed and return lines.
Custom fuel rail with AN fittings
AN fuel lines.
Russle fuel filter.
Aeroquip FPR with pressure gauge.
RC550 injectors
Walbro 250 fuel pump.
Modified starquest FMIC
2.5 in IC piping
Silicone couplers
3" SS exaust with no cat
RRE 2.5 to 3" downpipe
Dejon tool intake pipe.
2g MASS
Front mount oil cooler with AN lines

Interior:
SAFCII blue
Westac boost/Egt combo gauge
Palm 3 with cable and MMCd

I am sure there is more I am forgeting right now, but it is late and I need to post this.
This car will come with a new IC, Wideband O2 with 2 sensors, boost gauge in A-piller pod,
PTE 660 injectors fresh from cleaning, and many extra parts.
This cars is tuned well on 20psi, but the turbo on it could give you much more power if you wanted. It was stored all winter and I just fired it up last week. It is in need of a good tune up right now, but runs and drives. The only item this car will need is a new front left wheel bearing. It went bad just before the car was parked.
PM me with questions.

Last edited:

holy sh*t when you said bald i didnt think slicks! Are the doors "black" faded or is that a glare or something?

91GVR4

Yep the tires are shot. But they grip great on dry roads.
The doors are green just like the car. It is just the way the sun hit that makes them look black.
One more thing this car will come with is a 14b turbo that is ported and was once on the car.

91GVR4

An update on my car.
I am now in Alaska for my new job and my car is sitting on a trailer at my parents house in Upper Michigan.
The last days I was there the car develped a problem starting when it was cold. If I pulled the plugs and heated them up it would start and run great. But with cold plugs it wouldn't start. This is a new problem that the car never had before. Also the alternator quit working the day I put it on the trailer, go figure! So I hate to see this car sit till I can get back down and fix it. I am dropping the price in the hopes that one of you guys that know what you are doing will pick it up and tune it up right. It is a great car and with all the mods it has it can make great power. I'll check in here from time to time, but don't have internet access at home so it may take me a few days.

91GVR4

Thanks for you guys that have been showing some interest in my car. It is still looking for someone to love it so it is time to bump it up.

91GVR4

Yes it is still for sale and looking for some love. P.M. me for more info and we can chat.

91GVR4

Ok, I am moving to rural Alaska and my car is still sitting in Michigan. I need the money and it needs some love. So, make me an offer and get a steal on a great car. If I had time I would part it out and make more money, but I don't. Soon I will be living very far removed from civilization and I hate to see a great car sit.

91GVR4

A bump to the top because my car realy needs a new owner. Take a look.

91GVR4

This car is just sitting and rotting. I will consider offers to see that it gets the love it needs. Lots of potential here and the engine is build right. Call me or send me a PM.

91GVR4

I have an offer of $3500 on the car. Anyone care to beat that? I am going to work on getting it up an running and will post an update when that happens.

91GVR4

I have moved yet again and updated my phone number.

4orced4door

As per the rules, please update your title with the correct location (is the car in AK now?) and an asking price of some sort (even if it's OBO).

e-mail me at [email protected]
I'm VERY interested in you GVR4, but need to sell my GTZ first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I'll hit you up with an offer, but I just want to see more pictures of the car, like of the interior.
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned