The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: 1996 Mirage S Evo2-3 Swap AWD $10k/obo

Well Guys, I think the time has come to move on. I have found an FD3S rolling chassis that is begging to have an LSx swap done on it. I need to make room, and add $$$ to my bank account in order to even dream of doing this project.

1996 Mirage S
2.4L Block:
Eagle Rods
9.25:1 Ross Pistons
Fully Balanced engine
OEM oil pump/front cover
OEM 2.4L timing belt

Head:
Buschur Stage 3 head
Dual valve springs
Ti Retainers
1MM oversized SS valves
HKS 272 Cams
O ringed

Turbo Set up:
PTE T66 single BB turbo
Custom exhaust manifold
48mm Turbosmart wastegate
-Putting larger FMIC on it in the upcoming week or two
100_0374.jpg

100_0363.jpg

Exhaust:
Vibrant Ti tip muffler
3.0in turbo back

Drivetrain:
CE9A Rear trailing arms
Front CE9A sub frame assembly
Evo 2 or 3 Transmission(I have to check)
Evo 2 or 3 Transfer Case
Evo 3 rear clutch type diff
Custom Drive shaft
Cross drilled front rotors
Slotted rear rotors
Axxis pads up front
img.php

Supsension:
KYB Super Special 4 way adjustable Struts
M's Springs
Cusco Strut tower bars
Cusco Camber plates
img.php

Fuel:
15 Gal fuel cell
Bosch 044 Fuel Pump
Aeromotive AFPR
-not installed 1600cc injectors, 1600cc Keydiver chip for evo 3 ecu
-not installed MAFT Pro
img.php

img.php

Interior:
OEM Evo 3 Recaros
All OEM RHD parts
Auto climate control
Roll Up windows
Manual Seat blets
Minor spot welding has been done on the chassis to reduce the stress the 2.4L was putting on the chassis
img.php

img.php

Exterior:
Evo 2 rear spoiler
Evo 3 rear bumper pods
Evo 3 side skirts
Evo 2 Front bumper, with OEM Fog lights
Evo 3 rear bumper
Evo 3 front fender
Evo 1-3 Front head lights
Evo 1-2 Corners
Evo Side markers
1992 GVR4 Wheels
100_0291.jpg

Chassis:
RHD
RHD Evo RS steering Rack

The Car is not perfect, and needs paint! It's really been set up for track use, and is not the most comfortable DD. It has the rear diff solid mounted, as I didn't want to loose any energy through bushings when it had a 2.0. Now with the 2.4L it is definitly noticable, and I will be changing it in the next week or two. I will aslo update with new pics of the interior, and under hood shots later today.

Car Weighed 2580 with 13 gal of fuel.

Gimpin

I would hardly say that the LSx motor is crap ... some people dont like dealing with "glass" motors .... 1 detonation you say bye bye apex seals (a bad batch of gas can do that)

I don't know what I would sell it for without the t66. I guess it's all dependent on what you were looking to do? The 2.4L builds boost pretty quick, and with a 2500lb car you really don't even use boost to drive it around the streets. I wish it were a GT37 or something similar.

1badgvr4

Id prob get it and sell the t66 and put on a 3065 or something.Think it will make a cross country trip?

I am going to be putting a new crank and bearings in it, probably in a couple weeks. After that, yes. The alt is on the back of the engine, so that should help just a little bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Fd3s with ls1 is an monster on the street, mild tune ls1 can do 400-450 easily. believe me I got one in the garage, very fun car. Do you have more recent pics of the car? does the car have all the interior pieces? thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts