The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 #750/2000, Northern California SOLD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW HOUSE FORCES SALE..

SOLD!!!!SOLD!!! SOLD!!!SOLD

* I will trust this car to drive coast to coast without problems.

1991 Galant VR4,99% stock UNMOLESTED,NO SUNROOF MODEL, I am 2nd owner has the VR4 manual and leather holder and records that he gave me, even the original sales receipt, mileage 247K (feels like 100K). #750/2000. Everything inside works great A/C blows cold,idles great @750,heater works,all fan speeds work,all gauges &lights work (except fan control light? burnt out.),AWS works,P/W, P/L all work.Tires are 95% tread matching all around, registration is paid current with sep. 2008 tags, title is clean and in my name. DOES NOT drain battery, has sat for a month and cranks right up so no electrical draws. The alarm is crap you have to open from passenger or it will go off. 10 disc cd changer with OEM stereo infinity rear speakers.

Below are my observations/opinions, to perceive your own, you may test drive it.

How does it run? It runs great, I drive it daily.My wife likes it better than her 1999 corolla. It never gets hot ever. does not shimmy shake,vibrate or track crooked.suspension is stiff and good,feels like a new car on the freeway. It drives straight as an arrow. It does pull timing SOMETIMES, may just need a tuneup(never had time to diagnose). otherwise pulls great 90% of the time. Never looses coolant, but does burn 1/2 quart OIL in 3K (maybe from leak?)..

How is the transmission? On REAL cold mornings it is notchy 1-2, but lately in the warm weather it has been great. No grinds on fast shifts etc.

Does it leak? OF COURSE ITS A GALANT VR4.. LOL..My observations it leaks from the turbo banjo slightly, valve cover gasket (I have new one not installed).Nothing from major sources as main seals.

How is the interior? Interior is 100% intact, the drivers front seat is SHOT from prior "large owner" but I have a new GVR4 drivers and new passengers front in good condition not installed yet. The rear upper seatback is split at all the middle seams from sun damage. bottom is fine no other rips or tears anywhere. carpet is good. DASH is good no cracks at all.

How is the body & paint? body is "GOOD" it has NO RUST at all. all the doglegs and skirts are great with no cracks, PAINT faded on roof & trunk. Has typical door dings and big scratches here and there, quarter panels are clean! original paint and has never been in a "collision".

What has been replaced recently? P/O replaced all brake lines brakes,NEW TURBO,steering lines front/rear,tires,starter,alternator,new temp sensor,new crank sensor,new TPS, MOTOR has been replaced at 200K, ecu, etc.always aligned every rotation. all done at dealer from P/O I have paperwork. I have replaced with OEM MITSU PARTS FROM JNZ... Carrier bearings,yoke,u-joints, axle seals,new performance clutch pressure plate T/O bearing, resurfaced flywheel,new 2G clutch line,new clutch master,new clutch slave cylinder,1992 23 spline transmission with transfercase, oil filled with synchromesh in transmission and redline gear oil in transfercase.New KNOCK sensor, TIMING BELT WAS REPLACED AT 240K AT DEALER..

For $2500 this will be included...
4g63 LONGBLOCK with rebuilt head with valvecover. minus oil pan and manifolds.
JDM CP51 transmission shifts great but bad center diff bearings.
palm IIIc color DATALOGGER POCKETLOGGER with all software MMCD etc. charging dock ,direct plug in OBD cable.
2 good front seats
symborski shifter bushings
k&n filter
greddy turbo timer with 1G harness plug and play
NIB autometer carbon light series boost gauge
2 gauge GVR4 specific pillar pod in black.
EVOIII o2 housing
2G heat shield
whole valve cover set,plug seals etc... OEM mitsu from JNZ with EVO metal half seal
new transfer case rear seal "x-tra"
2G throttle body elbow
couple BOXES of misc parts/fasteners etc.. and everything that is 4G63 related, dsm related, etc.. in my garage.

All in all not a bad deal $2200 FOR CAR ONLY. $2500 FOR CAR AND ALL X-TRAS. I am not parting it out, as this car is a runner and is not junk or a parts car.. Feel free to test drive.Negotiations possible, but I will not give it away .

with new paint this thing will be pretty damn nice..

Last edited by a moderator:

DSMGVR4

Damn. If you didn't live so far from me I would have bought already! Bump for what sounds like an excellent deal. For a running GVR4 plus all those extras, I'm surprised no one bought this over the weekend. Good luck.

Yeah I need it all gone.It's a great deal.I will still chase parts I need for it like corner light etc. and not raise the price. I bought an even larger money pit (a house).. It will need to be gone in about 2 weeks on closing of escrow. Not for the money, I just won't have the time/space for it.

SOLD!! I got desperate and sold it all for $500 .

J/K april fools BUMP..

im game i will accept this price and raise it a i little let me know whats up with this beuaty clark

Quoting Daver:
Is it a Nile Black or Belize Green car?

Thanks

The car is Belize green..

i love the car iam coming from wa. its roughly 780 miles one way would the car make it ?

still awaiting pm response iam so ready to come pic this car up. cash in hand

iam n washington state if you pm i will buy asap full price cash for all ur parts iam in washington

85tr

check pm thanks very into this car

I'll take the car, if you can guarantee that it'll be there when I drive up to get it. Send me a pm with your number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts