The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 756/2000 $3,500 Tx 4/21/09 No longer 4 sale-PARTING OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RACER-X

Well since the demise of my 99 GSX in mid 03 money has not been at my disposal. I purchased my Galant in late 03 or early 04 (cant remember) in Austin. The car for the most part has remained in the conditioned that it was purchased in. With only one income house hold and a family of 5 it difficult to make ends meet (wife went back to school 1 1/2yrs ago and stopped working 3 yr ago before the birth of my son) so getting my Galant in the condition I would like to see it in has been impossible. With nothing to drive and bills and no extra money I've grown tired of the disappointments and am now forced to sell.

Condition:

No major dents and decient paint for a 17 yr old car. Its Nile Black with 95-98% tread life left. One small 1/2 dollar size rip on the dash by production # but can be glued back and Im sure would be hard to notice. Leather is in good shape with some wear on drivers seat near adjustments... however there are no rips, stains, or tears. 14b turbo crapped out 1st yr I owned it. Replaced with a very nice low milage 14b from a friend of mine. Compressor is ported and polished as well as hot side. Factory exhaust manifold had cracks so it was replaced with a EVOIII and was ported and polished to match the turbo as was the o2 housing (also a EVOIII). It also has a Keydiver EPROM ... stock took a crap and Jeff was nice enough to find me a EPROM, socket it, and chip it with every option (also have stock chip). Everything else on the car is stock. I purchased a JDM 6bolt long block 6 month ago but like I said no money so it sits in my garage. Ive cleaned it up a little but thats about it. I will be including it in the sale.

Current engine in the car has no knocks, leaks, idle is steady, and compression is 160-158. Body has 180,000 on it, not sure about the engine and rest of the drivetrain. Tranny shifts smoothly but can be notchie in second if shifting over 5k. A/C and heat are both in excelent condition as are the brakes. All power buttons work. AWD and AWS are intact and work as they should.

Now for the bad:

Waterpump leaks (weep hole) so yes its bad. When I put the EVOIII o2 housing I wasnt aware that it wouldnt mate up to the stock down pipe so I cut it at the end of the bend. The rest of the exhaust is there and bolted up but its missing about 1' from the o2 housing to the end of the bend on the down pipe. I lost the title over a yr ago and hadnt transfered the title under my name. I have the previous owners work number but after several attempts he has yet to contact me. Could use a couple of hundered dollars in body work and a nice paint job to finally start turning heads and get the attention it should.

Im tired and my son needs to go to bed and my one month old is crying so I will post pictures and the VIN tomorrow after 5pm when I get off work. Any questions will be answered after 5pm if I dont get back on tonight.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Please post pics tomorrow night.

Thanks.

John

ktmrider

Sorry to hear about the home situation, hope things brighten up.
On the title, FWIW do not try to sell the car until you have it in hand ( and in your name ). Make every effort to track down the person whom the title was last named since he/she actually owns the car if you did not transfer it. You could be held liable for fraud and selling "stolen" property in a strict sense, definitely something you don't want to be dealing with...

Last edited:

RACER-X

Well Ive had the car insured for about the last 5 yrs and had the bill of sale but I guess that got lost or tossed along with the title. If the previous owner after almost a yr of trying to contact does not want to respond then I've done all I can. Im not going to put time and money on a bonded title for a car I no longer want. I know its kinda a pain in the ass but I believe Im offering my car at a reasonable price and at o.b.o. should off set the money its going to cost him for a bonded title

ktmrider

I hear ya Charles BUT the bonding could bring the original owner out and he could claim it was stolen and/or sold without his consent. Then they come back after you. Even if the bond goes thru they will hit ya with penalties for not registering the vehicle within a certain time period of the sale.
Insurance does not look for registration, only the VIN.
Again it's friendly advice to you and any potential buyer. Trust me, get the title before moving forward.

RACER-X

Couldnt get anywhere with the title and I'll be buying another here in a few months so regretably I've decided to part ways and part out 756/2000 ... going to miss seeing it as a perm. decoration in my driveway but I need to make room for the next one and Im not Jay Leno and cant enjoy something I dont drive, so since I cant sell it; its time to part it.

Tell me what you want and I'll make you the going price or reasonable offer... If your willing to pay there's nothing I wont ship.

My wife is due this week, and I start night shift on monday so parts will start comming off monday or friday of this next week.

I don't know about other states, but in Maine there is a rolling importation law that means cars over 15 years old do not need titles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

RACER-X

What?! hmm, never heard of this. Have to check this out, before I start parting this weekend. Who could or who would I contact to find out?

464/2K

Dmv or state police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts