The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 Eagle Summit awd 2.4, auto, 60k, $500 VT *SOLD*

skivittlerjimb

Will deliver to just about anywhere in VT, NH, or metro Boston area. I've daily driven
this car since I bought it with 53k in Nov. 2005.

Rotas in the picture above are NOT included. Car has stock steel wheels.

The Good?
-Complete 2.4 liter 4G64 6-bolt motor with only 60k ready to be donated to a 2.4 project. Uses about 1 quart of oil every 3k.
-Plenty of other parts in good shape to scavenge and sell, or just drive it everyday like I do now.
-Good all seasons with only 5k on them.
-AWD works great.
-Car tracks straight as an arrow on the road.
-Brand new battery.
-It's $500 and I'll deliver it to your door.

The Bad?
-Left fender damaged from minor accident last fall.
-TCU (trans. control unit) needed. Car drives fine with OD turned off and 4th gear locked out. With OD turned on, will try to shift to 4th but not be able to select it. I drive at 75mph at ~5k rpm in 3rd with no problems on the daily 10-mile commute to work.
-Right rear wheel bearing bad, or may simply be rear brake shoes dragging. Makes some noise, but right now it's bearable and doesn't affect the way it drives.
-LF suspension rattles a bit. Likely cause is sway bar links or control arm bushings.
-Car has typical NE rust underneath. No structural rot that I can see.
-Rear license lights hanging down a bit but still work fine.
-Driver's seat belt track currently stuck. I just use the lap belt right now, but you can manually crank the shoulder belt up to the right place and leave it there, and just click in and out of two belts.

Other than the funky trans. control unit issue, this car has started every time I've asked it to and never stranded me nor given me any trouble. It has tons of room to haul stuff around when you remove the rear bench seat. AWD and good ground clearance mean you never get stuck and it's a blast to drift in the snow. It'd make a great junk hauler or farm car or, as mentioned, a donor for a 2.4 project. I'd keep it, but I'm dying to have a manual trans. daily driver again, and the lack of head rests on the rear seat bench makes me nervous having my kids back there, as I drive them to school every morning in this car.

Will deliver in April or May to just about anywhere in VT, central to southern NH, or MA
from say Worcester over to Boston. Buyer may also inquire about having as many '92 GVR4
parts as they want to buy from me delivered too, as I can load up this wagon with stuff from 1432/2000, which I'm parting out. (sep. Parts for Sale thread pending)

-Jim B.
280/1000

Last edited:

turbotom20g

pm sent

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts