The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Galant VR4 (313/1000) $4500 obo St. Paul, MN SOLD

EDIT:
I added some pics and more info on the car. If you have any questions or would like any more pics let me know. I also have all receipts for parts and labor.

I hate to do it but its time to sell. I had planned to keep this car and all work performed was done with that in mind but my interest in cars has changed and dont have the time or money to keep this car.

I bought the car a year and a half ago with 140k and now has 168k. The car runs and drives great and has been well maintained. It has been my daily driver for over a year and has never left me stranded. The body is in good condition for its age. It has some minor dings and scratches but nothing major. I have replaced many parts on it and have also rebuilt the engine. Here is a list of what's been done:

Engine:
(Engine was rebuilt due to melted piston)
Bored .020
Forged 8.3:1 wiseco pistons
Head and block decked for Cometic MLS head gasket
Reconditioned stock rods
ARP head studs
Head lightly ported
Head reconditioned(new guides,springs, valve job, etc.)
New front case(oil pump)
Balance shafts removed
All new timing components and water pump
All bearings and gaskets etc.
Rebuilt 14b turbo

Performance:
1G steering wheel and shifter
Gasket matched intake
Gasket matched 2g exhaust manifold
Ported turbine housing and Evo3 O2 housing
Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with magnaflow muffler
HKS air can air filter
Hi and Low switch for boost, ~10psi and ~15psi
Auto meter gauges mounted in dash(boost,oil press,oil temp)
Fuel Pump rewired

Replaced:
Front ball joints
Power steering pump and rack
Rear brake calipers and brake pads all around at 140k
All 4 brake rotors
Parking brake cables
Clutch master cyl. and slave cyl.
4 tires(Fuzion HRi) at 150k

Trans:
Shifts through all gears fine, 2nd is notchy at high rpm's
Clutch feels strong and has never slipped but i do not know the mileage

Suspension:
KYB GR2 struts on stock springs
Rides decent and handles well
No loose tie rods, ball joints etc.
4WS is disabled and has a non 4WS rack in it

Misc:
Cooling fan is hard wired with a switch
A/C is disconnected
Kenwood stereo with ipod adapter and aux input
Pioneer speakers
Thule roof rack

There may be other things i cant think of right now. I am a mechanic and all work was performed by me aside from machining. If you have any questions give me a call at 952-200-1918. My name is Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Staff member
Any engine shots?

send some other pics such as top view, exact frong view at no angel and the back. maybe i'd like to see more of the interior since i'm really interested in this car. with 168k on it, i hope it does still run really well.

I added some more pics of it. I dont have any of the trunk but i can take some as soon as i clean it out. The car does have a sun roof

Out of curiousity, what's the lowest price you're willing to sell that car? It really beautiful.

I want! I am going to try to sell my grand prix this spring in efforts to buy a vr4. Bump for a car I would like to be driving soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts