The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 34/2000 - No longer FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eighty9TSI

I have come on hard financial times (got laid off) and am forced to do something I never thought I would do. I promised to myself 4 years ago I would never ever sell this car, but now that I dont have any income at present and need to move 1800 miles back home, I decided to make the mature decision and sell the car to free up some funds.

Upon selling the car I will also give the owner the orignal maintainence records from the cars life with me AND before me. Its actually quite a nice stack.

The new owner will also recieve all the original parts from the car and any parts I have not put on the car, but I feel as though the car needs these items, so they will go with the car and owner.

-1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 (34/2000)- Asking $4000 - 147k on clock.

Motor/Trans:
- Evo 3 Big 16g from FP, ported/clipped (professionaly by FP) (set at a modest 13 psi)
- Stainless steel oil feed line to tap at filter housing (uninstalled, from FP)
- Front mount intercooler with modified stock piping (mandrel bent 2.5 piping does come with car, which contains 2x 180, 2x 90, 2x45 and some straight piping) I was planning on doing my own piping to save some money, but my situation as of now prevents me from finishing.
- ACT 2600 with 652 miles on it.
- Manual boost controller from AMS.
- K&N filter.
- 2.5 Mandrel bent Turbo back exhaust with 2.5" straight through dynomax to maximize sleeper status.
- MSD 8.5mm wires.
- NGK BPR6ES spark plugs (either BPR6ES or BPR7ES, whichever is one step colder).
- Uninstalled walbro 255 pump.
- Apexi Turbo Timer.
- Comes with logger, cables and mega sleeper serial logger port (in pics).
- 4 bolt rear end (lsd from 5spd) with axles/cups (not installed).
- No powersteering belt on car currently, old one frayed and I decided to chop it off before it broke and took out the other belts. Have not replaced yet, but power steering works just fine.
- New master cylinder (clutch).
- New slave cylinder.
- Fresh alternator from another donor car.

Interior:
- Comes with new steering wheel from DSM (mint) and it has the original tiller on there, but needs a new wheel which will be provided.
- Custom aluminum laser cut single DIN head unit location with three gauge ports. (Thanks Kenny)
- Stewart Warner boost gauge.
- 1g short shifter with leather boot.

Exterior:
- Automatic antenna has been replaced with professional permanent antenna. (Tugboat willy ball on top included /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Suspension:
- Tein springs all around with KYB struts.
- Nile black 92 rims with BRAND NEW Kuhmo ASX tires with 10/32nds left of tread.
- Will come with original white wagon wheels.

Brakes:
- EBC front pads.
- Uninstalled but comes with car - Stainless steeel brake lines all the way around (8 in all)
- New Ebrake cable replaced for both rear calipers.

Things to mention:
- Rear brake lines going from master to caliper need to be replaced. I have stopped them from leaking but the rear brake calipers are not getting the pressure they need.
- Either the rear end is whining or the carrier bearing is whining, I am not sure which, but I will include a new rear end with the car regardless so you are covered.
- Windshield wipers suck - need new ones for sure
- Windshield wiper linkage below the cowl is either misadjusted or bent. The wiper arms currently rub on back side of hood, does not affect wiper function, but thought I would inform.

Now the pics:

Before lowering, just got some nice pics of her.

I have meticulously maintained this car and would never think of selling her, but life has dealt me a shitty hand. I also reserve the right to not sell the car to some punk kid. I want this car to go to a seasoned DSM'er or galant enthusiast. I actually dont HAVE to sell the car, it would just make my financial wiggle room larger. I have a DD benz diesel and just really dont NEED the car. I WANT it, but dont NEED it, its becoming more of a liability than an asset.

Thanks for the space GVR4.org

Ian

815-263-2757 if you would like to call and talk about the car.

Last edited:

i'm pretty interested. i'm going to california for the remainder of the week, but if its still available when i get back i'd like to come take a look. i was wondering if in its current form it is daily drivable. how bad are the brakes and the rear? i don't mind eventually putting the parts you have on the car, but just making sure it will be daily drivable right away. although i don't quite meet your "dsm/gvr4 enthusiast" quote, i'm hoping this is the car that will get me to become one.

thanks

Eighty9TSI

Exactly the right attitude, I didnt mean you HAD to be a galant enthusiast in order to purchase the car, I would definately sell this car to someone who wanted to become an enthusiast through this car. I just want the car to go to into good hands, enthusiast or not.

Eighty9TSI

Sure did, no longer though. I will be moving back though, I just didnt want the expense of trailering the car back home when I have another car I plan on trailering (My mercedes). Cause then I would have to fly back to philly, and drive it home so $150 for a one way plane ticket and another $400 for gas just isnt worth it to me, not to mention I dont have that kind of money anymore.

if this was a monthe from now i would buy this in a min! bump for nice car, good price good luck with the sale!

SteveDSM

man, ian, if you were still back in Illinois than i would buy your car right now, cause my VR4 that i got was hit about 4 weeks ago by a lady in an explorer at 40mph (she ran a red light) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif so now im in the market for another Vr4, dsm or a possible conquest here in town... if ya want to pm me i can show you some pics of what happened, just let me know...

but anyway, back on topic, i can personally vouch for this car, it is very nice overall. it would be very well worth someones time, money, and effort to own this car!!! also, ian is a very honest guy and is very easy to deal with. this is just my honest opinion since i have met him personally on multiple occasions.

anyway, good luck with the sale Ian, and keep in touch.

Thanks,
Steve

Nijasan

This is a good car. I met Ian a few years back when he was out near SF for the summer. He droves his Galant out from the Chicago area, to SF, and then back to the Chicago area again at the end of the summer. Now he's on the other side of the continent, near Philly if I understand correctly.

That alone should speak for the maintenance of this car. Great buy. Sorry that you need to sell it, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Eighty9TSI

LOL, you guys are both dicks!

Reading your comments makes me second guess this decision. It is very true, I drove it from Chicago to San Francisco, put 15k miles in San Francisco over the summer (used the galant as the company vehicle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif ) then back to Chicago. Then around Chicago for awhile, then all the way to Philly. She has been from coast to coast, if you think about it, wow...

I might have to remove this for sale ad quickly...

Ill mull it over tonight. Thanks again for the kind words steve, im super sorry to hear about your misfortune with your vr4. I dont know what I would do if someone hit me in my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nijasan - Thank you as well for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

1badgvr4

That car looks too nice.I don't even know you and i say keep it.You'll feel bad about it when you get back on track, and have no gvr4.

supersp0rt2

Many good times in this beauty and im definately hoping for more. This galant is actually what got me interested in VR4s and believe me it couldnt have had a better owner. Ive watched this car go from ashy to classy and from one side of the country to the other. Ian im pullin for you to bring her home and if theres anything thing I can do to make that possible you know what it is. I was hoping for some ebony/ivory vr4 action back here in the city of wind but all my sobbing aside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif this is a great car and one hell of a guy, best of luck Broski! -Paul

Spyke169

I can also vouch for this car and Ian. He's a very honest guy. Whoever buys this car rest assured that this car has been taken care of very well. I too would love to see this car back around here so let me know if theres anything I can do for you.

~Schwartz

(if I don't hear from you before then, give me a call when you get back in town)

MarsBars

wow Ian sorry to hear about your situation. Don't worry though its just another bump in the road you will get over it and better things will happen.

Like what everyone else said Ian is a very honest guy and has taken car of this car since day one. I was going to buy the car before Ian and should of but I just wasn't thinking at the time. Hey nows my chance to buy it again haha just messing with you.

Ian once you come back to chi give me a call

CP

Quote:
man, ian, if you were still back in Illinois than i would buy your car right now

What's the problem with a 1100 mile, 16 hour drive? That's a little less than I did after I picked up my car in FL. $100 one-way plane ticket and another $200 in gas and I was home in Boston with my new bastard stepchild.

Eighty9TSI

I apologize to all for the lack of communication or updates. I have landed a new job in Madison, WI and they want me to start immediately. That means that I have to get all my stuff (read: double bay matco box and all other associated tools) from the East coast back to the Midwest, and stat! I will be bringing the car with me back to Chicago so it can be seen/found there. I dont have time to entertain offers/buyers at the moment since it is so hectic. Once I get my life back on track (in the next week or two) I can start entertaining offers and buyers once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts