The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR-4 (1250/2000) - Central Jersey - $4000

Like the title says, I'm selling my 1991 Galant VR-4, number 1250 of the 2000 shipped to America in 1991. I'd keep the car for the sleeper status of it, but I need the money for a shep trans for my real project car.

I bought it a few months ago and I'm really just hoping to get out of it what I put into it. 155,xxx on the chassis, JDM motor installed 10k ago timing belt supposedly done when they did the swap (looks new-ish, good tension).

As the car sits right now, it's got:
Freshly cleaned/flowtested denso 550cc injectors
evoIII 16G (no shaft play, no oil leak)
MBC
2.5" o2 housing with atmospheric WG dump
incredibly leaky 3" exhaust from the o2 housing back (no cat)
brand new radiator (OEM style, but with aluminum end tanks)
1G DSM shifter/shift cables (shorter throw than stock gvr4 shifter)
DSMLink
Super fun time blinky led show autometer narroband o2 gauge
autometer boost gauge
kenwood speakers
garbage kenwood head unit (works, but I'm pretty sure it's really old)
kenwood CD changer (not currently installed)

Good stuff:
155 compression across the board
FMIC Included but not installed.
brand new 2.5" recirculated o2 housing and proper downpipe with flex section included
starts right up, idles great (no dead ISC surge)
AWS works
brand new intake manifold gasket (not a huge selling point, but a pain in the ass to replace, so good to know it's freshly done)
brand new thermostat
power windows/door locks all work

Not So Good stuff:
no documentation on engine swap, though it runs strong and as was previously mentioned, good compression across all four cylinders (dry compression test)
interior could use a detailing
wear on driver side seat
headliner needs to be redone
boost gauge wiring/hose needs to be redone, sloppy looking install
needs tires
AC needs recharge
previously mentioned incredibly leaky exhaust

UPDATE!!! Now Cheaper!!
First 4k takes the car as it sits (DSMLink, 550's, EIII 16G) - another $300 takes the exhaust bits I have sitting in my house (paid $365, they're still brand new)

Email: [email protected]
AIM: midgetbrawl
PM for phone number, though email/aim/pm are probably your best bets. Car is located in Ewing, NJ 08638. Pretty sure that's it, I'll update if I remember anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

hum, I'd like to see the interiors, the trunk, close up view of any rust present, and the engine. I could be interested.

More pics at click

I can get more of whatever you want, email specific requests and I'll get them ASAP.

Updated Price - first 4k takes it +300 for brand new exhaust bits sitting in my house (paid 365)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts