The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: #834/2000 Sandy, UT $200 Rolling Chassis SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

***New pics added at bottom***

$200 for this car.

I really, really wanted to get this car up and running, but once I started tearing it down it really requires more work than my expertise allows me to do. I just don't have the money to pay someone to do body work and paint when my other car needs it badly. Plus I'm storing it at my dad's house and he's pissed it's still sitting there without much progress and wants it gone.

The good:

Frame is straight as far as I can tell.
No serious rust that I've found so far.
Almost complete interior.
Calipers and rotors are fairly new.

The bad:
Paint is terrible. Maaco repainted it. It was originally Belize green and they didn't do a good job respraying it.
Dents in the flares on the fenders and quarters.
Plasic body panels on the sides are gone and holes have been filled. It just doesn't look right IMO.
No engine or trans.
Wiring harness is hacked and no ecu.
Needs suspension. Junkyard struts were installed just to get the car to my place.
Tear in drivers seat.
The front end is hacked pretty good from making room for a front mount and big turbo. The bumper barely stays on.
There's more bad I just need to go up and look at the car to remember all of it.

Here's a pic when I first got it. Once it quits snowing I'll get some more that highlight the bad areas.

My only other option if no one wants it is to send it to the junkyard. It sucks, but the guy I bought it from was sending it to the crusher anyways. In the shape it's in sometimes I think it may be best letting this one go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why dont you just part it out. I would like to get some parts if your willing ,back bumper if in good shape and driver side fender, and what kind of hood is that.

464/2K

why the hell would you want to part a perfectly good car out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Quote:
why the hell would you want to part a perfectly good car out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Hey dont yell at me he was going to send it to the crusher if it does not sell so i thought i would save some of it .But if i were closer i would snatch that car up in a heartbeat.

Quote:
would you meet half way to Illinois?

Sorry, I don't have a truck or a trailer. I rented a uhaul truck and trailer for 2 hours to get it to my place and it cost me $100. I couldn't imagine half way to Illinois.

Quote:
Why dont you just part it out. I would like to get some parts if your willing ,back bumper if in good shape and driver side fender, and what kind of hood is that.

I would only sell smaller items if it goes to the junkyard. Shipping body parts sucks.

The hood is a custom one the previous owner made. He cut holes in the hood and used plastic vents. The vents are all melted and warped now.

Wilfongtsi

pm sent

toybreaker

iconoclast
Cash in hand, if it's a clean title car, consider it sold.

*as long as that doesn't screw someone else that's already dibbed it.*

I will make arrangements to pick up the vehicle asap.

Finally the weather cleared and I was able to get some more pics. Currently Toybreaker has dibs on the car. This car does have a clear title.

Some of the main problems are with the wiring and fuel pump. The line to the sender was cut as well as the wires. The alt wire was cut and run back to the cutoff switch. Also, there is a lot of cutting on the front of the car. The latch mount has been cut off. The support under the radiator has been cut out and replaced with a piece of metal.

It came with '93 headlights but I put them on my other car. I have my stock headlights which I'll include. They're are in great shape except the vertical adjusters are stripped. I also have the corner lights and signals. I have all the engine brackets but the "344" front one. I also have all the interior parts I just need to put it all back together. It's also missing the passenger taillight. I have the trunk badges and dash badge. I have a replacement hood, but it's rusting a bit. I also have a trunk, but I'm keeping it as the one on my other car is rusting.

The tranny and t-case are 22 spline. The tranny has a welded center diff and needs a rebuild (info from previous owner as I've never driven this thing.) The block is cracked and I'll be scrapping it. I also have a 3-bolt LSD which will go with the car. The brakes are in good shape. There are drilled rotors installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts