The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91' GVR4 1393/2000, $3000/obo in Northwest Florida

Need to move on to something a little more practical, so the Galant's up for sale. Runs and drives fine.

View more photos at: Photos of the Galant

The Good:
Runs and drives reliably, I've used it as a daily driver for a couple of months now with no issues.
Body in good shape, a few parking lot dings
Interior is in overall good shape
Tires in good shape
Engine was rebuilt a couple of years ago, recent new turbo.
Completely stock, no mods.

The Bad:
Has 208k miles on it. The lifters are a little noisy, not sure if that's normal for these cars.

Idles a smidge high when warm (about 1000rpms). High idle and occasional hunting when cold. Sometimes stumbles/almost stalls once and only once when it's completely cold.

ABS apparently doesn't work, according to the previous owner. The light is on, I haven't looked into what it would take to fix it.

Paint is tired. Looks good from a few feet away, but it's a bit rough on the roof and there are chips in the usual places.

Driver's seat has some seam separation, steering wheel is a bit ratty (have a cover on it at the moment).

Overall a neat, fun car to drive and one I'd love to keep but just can't justify.

Located in Valparaiso, FL, about halfway between Pensacola and Panama City.

Last edited by a moderator:

From what I could tell on the carfax, it was a SoCal car originally, then moved here. The only rust of any kind that I can see are very tiny spots where the paint has chipped away.

If there are any out of the way places these cars are prone to rusting in, let me know and I'll check 'em out.

Open the front doors and look inside the fenders. Rust can build up in there. Your car doesn't have a sunroof so it may not rust in there. On sunroof cars that's where the drains go.

381gvr4

BUMP FOR A BEAUTY!!!!!!! SOMEONE- ROADTRIP!i!i!i!

Ya I don't know how I didn't see this earlier. Let me know if the car is still for sale as well.

atc250r

Staff member
Registered on 12/08/07 05:45 PM
Last On 02/26/08 07:06 PM

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSNT

Car has been sold for a while.

Someone sideswiped the new owner and did damage to both doors and the dogleg area. The car is easily fixable but the insurance company wants to total it and give her $1900 for it, based on the book value which we know is not representative of what the car is worth.

How did any of you guys in similar situations go about getting the other persons insurance company to pay out a fair payout for the car and buyback amount?

1badgvr4

Search for dr1665 I think thats his screen name or look in the anything goes section theres some threads about it.

DR1665

Quote:
Search for dr1665 I think thats his screen name or look in the anything goes section theres some threads about it.

Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll forward you over the emails I sent to the insurance company. They were a real ghetto carrier and it took me two months to close the deal, but they initially offered me $1300 for mine and I got them into $4700 in the end.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts