The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: 5/1000 Galant VR-4 $3500 WI (sold)

I may have a line on a new toy so I might sell number 5. As of now it still has the intake manifold off due to me replacing a leaky freeze plug. Here is a link to the original thread with old pics. It has a stock turbo now but most everything else is the same. I paid $4500 for it with some extra goddies but I had to drive to MS to get it.
original for sale ad

Here is a list of mods:
Engine rebuilt at 120,000 miles by ASE pro with DSM experience. Rebuild included the following:
Bored .20 over all machining was done by the best local machine shop, (McMurtry, Gulfport, MS). Hot tanking was done mostly at mechanics--Kohl Motors, Long Beach.
Wiseco 8.5 pistons on original 1g big rods, mitsu pins, clevite rod and main bearings.
Crank micro-polished, rotating assembly balanced by Vanderley Racing (Top rep around here!)
New OEM water pump, oil pump, seals, gaskets, new oem studs and bolts
3 layer mitsu metal head gasket
balance shaft removal kit
all the stuff you normally swap for a t-belt change including Power Enterprises Kevlar lined timing belt, tensioner, yada yada
mitsu harmonic balancer (crank pulley)
2nd gen exhaust manifold
2.5"/3" RRE downpipe
Custom 3" exhaust, all mandrel bends, resonator, Magnaflow muffler (3" in 2x2" out)
Rebuilt head with new guides, etc. from Mitsu Graveyard (iirc)
Mobil 1 only since rebuild

Rebuild was due to a spun balance shaft bearing.

Other goodies added since:
EVO8 560 injectors
diamondstar motorsports FMIC, hard pipes, 1g bov. Bumper cut for fitment
freshly rebuilt JDM throttle body...NO leaks, fresh seals, only one port (blocked)
used gas tank from tx --no rust, cleaned and painted with undercoating paint prior to install
used fuel sending unit cleaned, also from TX...NO rust
Walbro 255lph hp fuel pump, rewired
Aeromotive afpr, rock solid
Brand new ACT 2100 clutch with street disk and ACT flywheel
billet shift fork on new pivot ball
stainless clutch flex line
stainless brake lines from RRE
factory springs on KYB AGX shocks possilbe HR springs as well
Autometer 20-20 boost gauge
Possible AEM UEGO Wideband O2 sensor and meter
gauges mounted in pillar pod
C&R Racing aluminum radiator with slim-line pusher and puller fans
Samco upper rad hose
Transmission was rebuilt at around 95000 miles by previous owner
Transfer case recall done, probably around the same time
Fresh battery
Low mileage tires (Goodyear Eagle GT...very good ride/handling compromise)
Momo Steering Wheel "Race evo" black leather/alcantera
1G DSM shifter with leather boot
metal Sparco pedal covers
89 underdash
bling Injen chrome spark plug cover in fair condition

Miscellaneous:
Cruise control replaced with factory non-cruise cable. CC unit included and works fine easy reinstall which I will do if you want.
EGR blocked, emissions lines cleaned up.
Good spare
Spare Tire Tools in original pouch
RWS disabled, lines blocked off with Earls hardware
1G DSM PS reservoir
Manual antenna
ABS not working, disabled
Windows tinted 30%, tint in great condition
Window trim recently painted with Duplicolor trim paint after careful prep and mask.
New whiper blades...cleaned and painted whiper arms

Original manual, pouch, window sticker
Original badge AND key fob
Origional steering wheel
Origional PS resivoir
Original driver side under-dash panel
New ps cooler (will need to be bent to accommodate FMIC)
original intercooler, some IC plumbing
original maf and filter housing, unmolested
SAMCO lower radiator hose
AC and heat work fine
Original key and two copy-spares

The bad:
Currently not running due to intake manifold being off.
Non eprom ECU installed
No fog lights...wouldn't fit after FMIC install so I sold em.
Front driver fender dent at trim piece above bumper
Several other small dents including driver a-piller, trunk, etc...all can be pdr repaired
Usual wear on driver seat plus small burn hole in cushion. Rest of interior is clean and good.
No seat belts.
Carpet worn, especially in front of the back seats
PS Pump noisy...have replacement good used pump. Just need to install it.
ABS not working, disabled...probably needs sensors

The dash is not cracked, all interior leather is in good shape except as noted, windshield washers work, power windows all work, fully functional non-leaking sun roof, etc. Di I mention the a/c still works? If not the a/c still works in the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So if I can move it quick I will for that price. I have some current pics pm me for them if you are turly interested, best is to just come and see it. It will need to be picked up near Grafton WI. By the way I can part is for more than I have it listed for so price is firm. First come first served. Please email me or pm me for questions.
Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

atc250r

Staff member
img.php

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i am very interest can i see some more pics of the car maybe some engine pics!!!!

andrew4g63

hey just wondering if i can get some current pics of number 5
thanks im very interested just want to see what i have to do to put it back together

Because I helped a fellow member out so he could get rid of his car. And in the future it was going to get 5 points if I would keep it.

andrew4g63

pics?

andrew4g63

looks realy nice
can you get an engine bay pic as its sits right now

I was offered $4500 for #5 this morning if I included the AEM I have. SO I will pass this offer to others as I was just going to sell that seperatly for $1300. The AEM is not installed but comes with the air temp sensor and a 5 bar map sensor; both new plugs for the sensors are also included for easy install. So $4500 for #5 and the AEM. I have had two tire kickers come and look at it, one said he's "checking" with the wife the other wanted me to sell the car, AEM and the HKS turbo setup I have as a package. I was asked to put in the HKS turbo setup for another $1000 but not sure if I want to let that go just yet, nor do I think it is only worth a extra grand being a HKS manifold alone can bring over $800. The setup I have is complete, HKS turbo, manifold, wastegate, and tubes. Anyways first come first served as I have another person coming Monday. I will try to get some more pics of the car today.
Thanks,
Rob

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts