The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 #1181 $3000 obo Austin,Texas

This car has had some work done to it.

Engine-
It has a blueprinted-built head 10k miles ago
Crower 272 cams
Crower springs
Ferrea oversized valves
Fel Pro headgasket
ARP headstuds
Unorthodox Racing aluminum/adjustable cam gears
The block is a low mile JDM block 40-50k miles on this block
T3/t4 60-1 turbo 10k miles ago
Tubular header wrapped with heat shield crap
Full 3" exhaust (has exhaust leak at the downpipe weld..easy fix though..I may get this done this weekend)
Atmosphere blow off valve
Fuel pressure gauge
Fuel pressure regulator
Front mount large intercooler
ACT 2600 pressure plate
ACT streetdisc
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
The tranny was replaced with a USDM awd tranny
The transfer case was just replaced as well
Short shifter
KYB AGX adjustable suspension
Tires are Yokohama and in great shape

The powersteering/all wheel steering is currently disabled, BUT IT WORKS if you were to hook it back up.

The car drives/tracks straight, looks damn good, doesn't run hot, doesn't leak. I bought this car from a friend who just bought a Supra. He put over $5k into this car recently, plus his labor.

The sunroof works..the dash lights up and changes colors,the dorr locks work, windows go up and down..theres no radio or A/C, but there's nice stereo wiring ran and readyt o be plugged in. The old ownder basically took his stereo with him.

I have too many projects currently, and this car need's to go to someone who will finish it out. It's currently capable of big horsepower if it had a piggy back and a little dyno tuning. The car passed Texas state inspection and is good until 5/08

Here's the problems I see with the car-
1.I think its retarded to disconnect the power steering. The previous owner cut the lines would have to be made.
2.The idle is weird..It varies, but it will go up to, say 1800rpm the drop and return to 1800rpm

I shouldn't have taken this one on..but I did so here I am.

Why am I selling such a cool car?

I have 3 Mitsubishi Starions.. 2 running and 1 awaiting a built motor..I know Starions..I don't know these inside and out and don't have the time to learn.

This is a great car for the money.. Call me up at 512 924-5957

Asking $3000 price negotiable depending on how serious a buyer you seem to be..

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Ryan, werent you involved with a SVO shop in Dallas? Were you the one building a v8 Quest then gave or sold it to Ulrichwolf? Too bad you didnt post this last year before I flew to North Carolina to buy my VR4. I may be interested but more than likely Im going to buy a wrx swapped 2.5rs.

It would make it mechanically. It's running rich..I believe it may be the ECU coolant temp sensor.

Ryan

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts