The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 white GVR4 in Iowa 159k miles #36/1000, ***SOLD******

Status
Not open for further replies.

1992 #36/1000 white Galant VR4 with 159K miles. ALL ORIGINAL!! never been molested. Needs an ECU, but I am getting one from a place in Chicago in the next week. Only other thing it needs is 2nd gear syncro. You can still get it into 2nd, but you have to go to 3rd first, then put it into 2nd. I have more pics, email me @ [email protected] for more pics or information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dropped Price!! need to sell! This is an extra toy that must go preferrably before winter!! (Calander parking in my area) possible partial trade for 18" wheels/tires that will fit my 2003 VW jetta 1.8T.

blacksheep

where in Iowa are you? Front bumper been hit or something on drivers side - its all wavy. Any rust on the car - door bottoms, under the spoiler etc...

In Clinton Iowa, right on the Mississippi River, north of Davenport. I don't think it has any body damage, I will look closer asap. The car was my mother-in-laws daily driver (lady driven, babied, ALL ORIGINAL). It quit running due to the ECU, so she got another car and wants me to sell this for her. (pretty much gave it to me to get rid of) but after researching the car and being a bit of a motorhead myself, I got really interested in it. But wife says it has to go. VERY little rust under trunk lid (surface rust, not through metal) and the same under the lip of drivers door. It wouldn't take much at all to save it if it gets attention soon. I should have the rebuilt ECU by the end of this week. Thanks for asking!!

91vr4

When was it or the roof repainted? (The strips on the roof are white is why I ask), I believe they are supposed to be black..

Terry Posten

White rails are easily found. I put some on Myles car before I sold him his car.

Send me the old ECU, I may be able to fix it.

I would love to look at this but I have my hands full.

Looks like a good deal. Good luck with the sale.

I am in Davenport and it is too bad you are selling, we need to get together and I can give you a ride in what yours could be like.

I will have my new setup in by the end of this Saturday.

I don't think that they were ever painted. If they were it was before my m-i-l got it.

If I don't get what I want, I might just keep it and clean it up and do some things to it this winter. I have been looking for another project, but I am used to working on Mustangs. I would like to learn more about turbos tho, I would like to do a few things to my 03 Jetta 1.8T. These cars (VR4's) seem to be the tuner car to surprise a few people though. I just don't want to make the wife mad by putting money into another project tho!!

I will have the ECU (now rebuilt and "socketed") from Motoguys Garage in Chicago in 2-3 days, Let me know if anyone on the list is interested!! $2500 or partial trades for wheels/tires 18-19" 5x100 bolt pattern.

maroonmetallic

Might be interested in about a month.. if you still have it.

-Shawn

Got ECU today, PROPS to Motoguys Garage for a job well done!! I also got the ECU "socketed", all for $225. Now the VR4 is back on the road. It is still for sale, but there is someone coming to look at it from Chicago this weekend, so hopefully it sells. What a blast to drive though!! It needs new struts, and I think I can hear a CV joint on the pass. side, but its got some kick in 3rd gear!! Tranny still needs rebuilt, won't always stay in 1st, and syncro isn't too good in 2nd. But hey, it's been owned by my mother-in-law since 1996, and she doesn't drive fast at all. A steal for $2500!!!

SteveDSM

Just figured everyone would like to know:

CAR IS SOLD!!!!

To me of course /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

464/2K

very nice!

blacksheep

Quote:
Just figured everyone would like to know:

CAR IS SOLD!!!!

To me of course /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

who are you? what did you drive before this in Des Moines?

Terry Posten

You better come to the next midwest meet.

click

Don't worry, the next meet will be in Des Moines, and soon I hope.

Last edited:

SteveDSM

Quote:
who are you? what did you drive before this in Des Moines?

Well first off, what a great way to be greeted onto here.... Just kidding, I know it wasn't meant in that way. So now for a semi-formal introduction to anyone who cares:

The name is Steve, and I "used-to" (actually still, because I REFUSE to get rid of the car) drive a bright red 90 Eclipse GSX that I bought 2 years ago and have been away at UTI in Chicago for the past year up till late August, so now I am back in Des Moines. So yes, I just bought my first Galant VR-4 /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif but I am no newbie to the mechanicals of these cars.

Oh, and to answer your post Terry, I will try my hardest to make it but no guarantee that i can make it out, just because my new job could have me working every one of those days by no choice /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/frown.gif, but trust me, I will DEFINITELY try my hardest to make it out.

blacksheep

Steve - Sorry, I wasnt sure if you were a local guy or not. I didnt mean it with any bad intent.

I just know all the local gvr4 owners, having been the first one to own one in the scene here way back in the 90's and having owned 9 more after that, I try to make sure I keep up on all the n00bs with gvr4's /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

There is a good crowd of gvr4 owners here in DSM, if you need parts or have any questions about the car, I can point you the right way.

I hope you all help steve with any help he may need. I appreciate all the help in selling this car, and you guys are a great bunch! Good luck with it Steve, and I will check back here to see how it is coming along. ENJOY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned