The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

**Sold**FS: '92 Galant VR4 #580 Metro Detroit, MI $4200

1992 Galant VR4 #580/1000 Green
Miles: 88,351
$4200 obo (No Trades)

I purchased this car as a project off of the VR4 forum in 12/05. I thoroughly went through the car to make it reliable and drove it as my primary winter and 2nd summer vehicle. I am selling it because it is now my 3rd vehicle and I do not use it much any more.

New Parts:
Timing Belt
Balance Shaft Belt
Tensioner
Idlers
Water Pump
Head Gasket
3G Lifters
ARP Head Studs
Alternator
16G Turbo
Ported 2G Exhaust Manifold
Ported O2 Housing
New O2 Sensor
Manual Boost Controller
Battery
Prothane Engine Mounts
Megan Downpipe
Stainless 3” Exhaust with Magnaflow Muffler
Rebuilt Driveshaft/Center Bearing
Redline transmission, transfer case, and diff oil
New Radiator
TEL Short Shifter w/Leather Boot
Shifter Bushings
Nearly New Michelin X-Ice Winter Tires
Newish KYB AGX Shocks
Whiteline Springs (uninstalled)
New Brake Pads
Turned Rotors
Color Logger w/Switched Cable
MAP Wired Into ECU for Viewing/Recording w/Logger

Transmission was rebuilt and clutch replaced by previous owner at 74,143 miles. Have receipt for $3184.93. Shifts well during normal driving but will grind if shifted assertively into 3rd gear. Currently running Redline Synthetic transmission oil. It would probably shift assertively without grinding with BG Syncro Shift in the trans.

Original paint and body are showing their age. There are several small dings and scrapes but never wrecked. Small amount of rust visible on the base of the doors and rust starting to show on the front lip of the hood. Bottom of the chassis has some surface rust but no perforations or bubbling. No rust on the painted parts of the chassis.

The engine does burn some oil, the pattern is consistent w/worn valve seals. I am still kicking myself for not replacing the valve seals when I had the head off. There is a small oil leak from the plug on the oil filter housing. Compression 160,160, 163, 160 psi.

The 4 wheel steering and ABS work, AC blows cold and all other HVAC controls function properly, all windows/locks/lights work properly, cruise control works. The interior is nearly perfect with the exception of some stains in the carpet and a small hole in the dash. No rips in the seats. All gauges work except for the fuel gage which does not read above ½ tank but accurately shows empty.

You can email me directly at *** if you have any questions.

IMG_20070723_0001_small.jpg

IMG_20070723_0006_small.jpg

IMG_20070723_0007_small.jpg

IMG_20070723_0015_small.jpg

IMG_20070723_0026_small.jpg

IMG_20070723_0027_small.jpg

IMG_20070723_0029_small.jpg

IMG_20070723_0032_small.jpg

IMG_20070723_0039_small.jpg

IMG_20070723_0046_small.jpg

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

spartan

Wow, that thing is clean. Good luck with the sale, it's sad to see another MI VR4 leaving though...

Hello
I just realized that there is the possibility that some messages may not be making it to me via the supplied email address. I believe that my spam filter may be deleting messages instead of moving them. If you sent an email and did not receive a reply, please try to contact me again. My work email address will be more reliable... ***

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts