The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD

atc250r

Staff member
How come the ad says PA but you're in Southern NJ?

John

yep clean title. I had the oil filter housing back out during a 1-2 gear pull with a external wastegate.......there was a flame on the ds side. Not too much damage other then the dogleg, paint peeling on the side skirt, and the center cap on the front wheel.
*That motor is not in the car and i have switched to a non cooled oil filter housing*

ive been daily driving the car for the past couple of weeks and have taken it on about 4 2-3hr rides with no hickups. You could drive this car anywhere.

carscrash83

Could you email me some pics of the motor and under the car? Any rust? Thanks, Derek-
[email protected]

ill email you pics from my cell......they wont be the best but you'll get the idea.

VR_IV_MR

so whats the deal on the engine? is there a 'low mileage jdm cyclone' in there or not.

blowing cold ac? functional aws? engine pic? any problems you would like to point out? clean title?

/ubbthreads/images//graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif

381gvr4

CAR IS SOLD TO ME!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gifMotor looks pretty clean. Has a leak from the valve cover gasket, Trans was leaking and found 6 bolts missing from the case(!!!!!), input seal on T-case leaks. Has boost issue- hits like 22psi on WOT w/o controller. Already replaced TB, 1g aftermarket short shifter, fixed exhaust leaks. AWS works great. Had to bleed P/S to get it right. Had a slight pulsation when picked up tuesday.

Found a TON of sh*t loose. Valve cover was like hand tight, i/c pipes were super loose, downpipe nut gone, trans bolts GONE- Makes me nervous- so its coming out!!!!

PLANS: Since I am DD-ing this beast, I'm pulling the motor this week and building a 2g piston/1g rod bottom with parts I have from a old GSX. Brand new Mildly ported head, multi layer gasket and B/S eliminator. Tranny has to be at the least resealed, but I have a TRE with some nice upgrades that just needs 2-3rd synchros- so I may combined both with new syncros, gvr4 1st gear, and speed design center diff.

Tring to have all done and ready for daily abuse by January.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned