The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Mitsu Expo AWD SP 5 sp 4G64 MI $2000 fixed!

I have for sale a 1992 Mitsubishi Expo SP AWD 5 speed with the 4G64 6 bolt. It's all stock with 161k miles and is loaded. It comes with pw,pl,cruise,a/c works,ABS, 4 wheel disc, 3 row seating and a power aftermarket moonroof dealer installed. I have the original window sticker and owners manual. I bought it as a future project car and have been driving it around. The motor runs good but it burns it's fair share of oil, transmission and clutch shifts great. I put new tires on it, new alternator and belt, fixed the pass rear caliper so it wouldn't lock up anymore. New brake pads all around. Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter. Could use some ball joints. There is some fender rust but not bad, the back hatch has a ding. The vehicle has lots of pontential. The plan was to turbocharge it but I just don't have the time to make it happen right now. It took me almost a year to find it so I'm in no hurry to sell it. I will get more pics tonight and if anyone wants any close ups let me know. The Expo has a clear Michigan Title and is located in Kalamazoo, MI near I-94 and US131, thanks! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

rgeier11

How much if you fix the timing belt bearing problem?

stupidweirdo

Can you get a pic or 2 of the rust?

I had posted last month that it needed timing components replaced. After looking into it I had to adjust the tension of both belts and torque the crank bolt to the proper specs as it had come finger loose causing the sprocket flange to rattle. The timing components are in decent shape and are probably good for another 20k miles. I put 300 miles on it since and have not had any problems. If you have any questions let me know. I'm in no hurry to sell, just looking to see if there is any interest, thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned