The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 GVR4 (#1991/2000) Streamwood, IL $3500 ***SOLD***

I have had this car for almost 2 years, it has been good to me has been running no problems since i bought it. I don't want to sell the car but limited space in my driveway is leading me to this decision.

1991 Galant VR4 #1991/2000
Nile Black
ODO: 195k body / 10k motor

Motor:

Rebuilt 10k miles ago
Bored .020
Nippon pistons
stock rings
stock rods
head fully cleaned out
new oil pump
new water pump
new radiator
new alternator
2gas mas / with custom cold/air ram intake
new EVO 3 manifold (with a pre-tap EGT)
2.25 intercooler piping all around (all clamps are TORQUE CLAMPS very strong, no boost leaks, same clamps used on semi trucks)
spearco front mount
BPR7ES spark plugs (changed with every oil change 3,000 miles)
***always used MOBIL 1 SYNTHETIC***

Turbo:
Big 16g turbo - NO SHAFT PLAY AT ALL spools very nicely
currently running 18-19psi
RFL blow off valve

Fuel:
Walbro 255 high flow
rewired fuel pump
Earl's high flow fuel filter - 35 micron
6an fuel line feed
6an fuel line return
680cc PTE injectors
polished fuel rail
Apexi NEO AFC 3rd gen
Aeromotive fuel regulator w/fuel psi guage
**always used 93 octane or higher SHELL & MOBIL ONLY***

Exhaust:
Full 3" piping
no cats
mangaflow muffler

Drivetrain:
all stock
2nd gear synchro is bad - grinds once in awhile.
transmission needs some work, but overall not bad to drive around

Suspension:
all stock

Interior:
autometer boost gauge
Datalogger
all stock leather seats - in pretty good shape, slight tear in rear seat
no major injuries on the interior overall in pretty good shape.
Custom fitted Hallman boost controller in the cockpit.

Exterior:
ok condition, has some rust on the rear passenger side door, also the bottom of the trunk lid just under the license plate it has rusted through.

EXTRAS INCLUDED WITH CAR:
Almost brand new 18" black wheels no more than 500 miles on rims & tires ($1000)
ECU with Keydiver chip ($300)
extra power steering pump
Brand new full kit NOS intercooler spray bar - comes with everything needed to hook up -except NOS - Never been opened. ($300)
Apexi turbo timer - brand new never opened ($65)
2.5" intercooler piping ($60)
Exhaust manifold heat shield - nice looking, not rusted
6 brand new BPR7ES spark plugs
spare trunk lid

I have more stuff just can think of it now, but i wrote the price next to them showing the extra valve im giving with this car. Im looking to get $5,000 o.b.o. with everything I listed, willing to work on price. Their is more stuff to add i will update as I remember.

Overall:
This car is RUNNING, but does need some minor tuning & transmission work. I only used the car as a weekend warrior and drove my beater throughout the week, the car has always been garaged kept in my possesion. The car currently rides on stock wheels & tires.

Feel free to send a PM or CALL (630-788-7874 cell) if i dont answer please leave a message. Im pretty busy with work Mon-Fri mostly free on weekends. thanks for looking...Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

Quote:
gave yah a call when your free jingle back thanks scott

left a message on the number u first called on.

i will be busy all day today, and sat morn. give me a call after 2pm. on saturday.

killer car dude. What a great deal. Could you post some more pics. good luck.

How far are you from St Louis? What are extras and what goes with it? I am assuming that the stuff with price tags is the "extras"?

Quote:
What are extras...?

EXTRAS WITH CAR:
Almost brand new 18" black wheels no more than 500 miles on rims & tires ($1000)
ECU with Keydiver chip ($300)
extra power steering pump
Brand new full kit NOS intercooler spray bar - comes with everything needed to hook up -except NOS - Never been opened. ($300)
Apexi turbo timer - brand new never opened ($65)
2.5" intercooler piping ($60)
Exhaust manifold heat shield - nice looking, not rusted
6 brand new BPR7ES spark plugs

5 hours from st. louis...

Everything listed above is not inclued with the price given. The car and the extras above i was asking for $5,000 o.b.o.

Otherwise $3500 for the car alone.

A bit more than I have in savings at the moment but I will keep in mind. But worth asking price as far as I can tell. I will check back with ya soon though.

Hows is the car running will it make it through a Chicago winter? Up for any trades?

Yup, car is still for sale. I had to change the price becuase i recently got the car back from AMS and spent over $1500 in fix up + dyno time.

The car is leaking power steering fluid, AMS did not fix completely the first time. I am pretty firm on the price, let me know if your interested.

yea the price is $4500 car runs well, I have a new EPROM ecu to install the car should run better...

Think it could be used as a daily driver, or does more work need to be done? If so, what?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts