The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: #418/2000 - Blairstown, NJ $4950

NateCrisman

Considering selling #418/2000 after about a year of fun, tuning, and going to track a few times. Iv recently bought an F350 dually for my partout business and a new startup auto-transport business, so I really don't "need" #418 to daily drive, and I can't really modify/race two project fun cars at the same time. so I'm putting the feeler up to sell the car as is.

$4950 for the car as is with the 16g setup as a turnkey mid 12 car.

$6000 for the car with both turbo setups - you choose 12's or 10's!

The FP3176 HTA turbo setup (FP manifold, FP turbo, FP o2 housing, TiAl, Vband SS downpipe) will go with the car at $6000 total. Put that back on, load the previous tune files (you'll get my entire DSMlink folder on a thumb drive), and you have a 550whp+ street car capable of a 10 second pass (driver skills required) and also have the E3 16g for winter/street duty.

I'm not going to get into discussing partout value/shell value/whole car value on this one. I'm not dying to sell. I don't want to part it out.

This shell is as rust free as you will ever find in the north USA, I drove 2500miles to Miami, FL to buy it due to the excellent underside condition that I just can't find in NJ area.

10sec%20gvr4.jpg

#418/2000 - 1991 Galant VR4 - no sunroof. Nile Black paint covered with Silver vinyl wrap.

14089485_10154381053252777_1997602580_n.jpg

Left windows open in the pits at the shootout on saturday when the monsoon season came to ohio:
IMG_4044-L.jpg

IMG_4052-L.jpg

Performance wise..The car ran low 11 and dipped into the 10.9's @ 129 for me this summer and was stupid fun with a FP3176HTA turbo on it that was able to push 36psi boost. Long story, but got kicked out of track for no rollbar or safety equip, so I decided to take the big turbo off this fall and replace it with a Evo3 16g for street use over winter.

I took the car to Island Dragway last month once just to test out the 16g and work on the tune, it ran 12.7 and 12.8 @113mph in street trim at about 22psi boost with pumpgas + meth with me bogging the launch to 1.8's. I hadn't shimmed the wastegate actuator enough yet, and the spool was still lazy and it wouldn't make more than 22 then drop off. With it shimmed properly, it makes more boost & power now...it's probably good for a low 12 with a strong 1.6 launch and the tune set more aggressive. Likely puts down mid 300's on a dynojet and is fun to drive with the fast spooling 16g. With the methanol injection, you can pretty much run the 16g at a boost setting of "all of it" everyday. Honestly, the Meth works so well, I was maxing out the FP turbo on pumpgas as well.

anyway, onto the fun stuff:
Modifications:
Engine:
Manley Piston & Rod 2.0L
1g head (head is probably "built" but Im not sure, iv never had the cover off to look)
Ported/cleaned intake manifold
BC 272/272 Cams
MLS HG & ARP studs
Balance shaft delete
90 Water pipe
Evo3 aluminum radiator
Aftermarket fans
Prothane engine mounts
(not wonderful compression 1-4 165/165/135/135...IMHO I would change the HG)

Exhaust:
ported 2G manifold
Ported 2G o2 housing
ported Evo3 16G turbine housing
Internal wastegate - shimmed to seal for 25psi & spool well
3" turboback exhaust

Intake:
Evo3 16G turbo (currently tuned to about 25psi)
ETS FMIC 28"x10.5"x3.5 - custom end tanks
2.5" aluminum custom ic pipes & TB elbow
1G BOV - modded to seal at big boost

Fuel:
Devils Own Meth Injection - dsmlink activated - M10 nozzle - straight meth fuel.
750cc FIC Injectors
Walbro 255hp fuel pump
Aeromotive FPR
-6 stainless braided fuel feed line (using stock return line)
-6 billet fuel filter

Electronics:
DSMlink V3 Full - Eprom Ecu
Omni 4bar map sensor and GM Air Temp sensor.
14point7.com - wideband o2 sensor.
DSMlink boost control solenoid
NGK wires & NGK BR8ES plugs at .018"
Glow shift boost/oil pressure/water temp combo gauge.
Optima red top battery relocated to trunk

Drivetrain:
Tranny rebuilt by a prev owner - shifts awesome at dragstrip!
ACT2600 Clutch
ACT chromoly flywheel
SS clutch line
4bolt DSM rear
Center diff is not welded, but I'm not sure if it's 4spider.

Suspension & Brakes:
KYB AGX shocks
Ground Control coil over kit - 550/450lb 6" springs
4WS, front swaybar removed

Interior:
Grant steering wheel
1G DSM Shifter Assembly with solid mount bushings.
2G DSM shift knob

Exterior:
Silver Vinyl Wrap - car is originally nile black, but had the typical southern sun-burn through the paint.
JDM bumpers & foglights
92 VR4 Grill
92 VR4 Taillights - wrapped black
Lightweight bumper cover brackets F&R
Enkei 17x7" wheels

Planned Future Modifications that I haven't had time to do: -
Stuff still on the "to-do" list for Winter/Spring '17: Make it a nicer street car:

Fix non-functional windshield wipers and squirter washers.
Clean up trunk area, tidy up the meth install, and put the carpet/trim back in
Lube/align the rear pass window that gets stuck 1" from closing if you don't "help it" up the last 1"
Charge AC system
Window tint rear window (gotta have a tint shop do it properly)
Obtain a front windshield upper trim and get it to stay on at 130mph! (twice lost at dragstrip!)
move boost gauge to better location (currently in front of cluster on the column trim)
Buy a nice dual din bluetooth head unit. (stock radio)
shorten the catback about 3" to get the muffler tip under the rear jdm bumper
[/list]

This car has one rust/corrosion spot, and it's weird...in the front driver side corner of the trunk seal under the rear window. Iv sealed it up with silicone, but there is a hole in that spot that leaked into the trunk and a corresponding spot under the rear seat where water got trapped. I'm thinking the car was parked for a long long time with the rear end "up" so that water couldn't drain from that spot in the 1/4 panel/trunk lid seam (I'm talking like years).

Any prospective buyers are welcome to come check the car out, drive it, go beat it up WOT, powershift it...and put it on my lift to see the underside.

I'll update this post with new pics this week (yes yes underside).

Best way to get ahold of me is TXT: 862 251 2571
Facebook/msg Nate Crisman
Email: [email protected]
Please don't PM me here on the forum, I don't check it often. It might be many days till I reply to PMs

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
I'd say that it's worth more and if someone buys this asap, you are getting a hell of a deal. Glws

NateCrisman

I priced it on what I consider the low end (especially if someone takes the big turbo setup with it). Id just like to "move on" to concentrate on all the other projects in my life right now. Getting this trucking business off the ground, building the yellow 1G for racing 2017, putting more time/effort into my partout business.

There is just only so much ME every day, and this car will end up in no-man's-land when it's neither my daily driver or my racecar or my #1 project. I don't want to see it languish and rot in my driveway. Would rather sell it, see someone else enjoy racing it and modding it, and finish up the misc little fixes I haven't gotten to yet. Then I can move onto the yellow 1g with a clean conscience.

NateCrisman

Forgot to mention, Ill deliver for $0.40/mile

NateCrisman

Photo Gallery link for #418/2000 for sale

Right now there are like 29 photos in the gallery, some "detail shots"...I'm not going to link them all ...anyone interested in the car can go take a deep up close look in the gallery and zoom in on any photos you want to really see. If there's not a photo of something you want to see specifically...just shoot me a txt and I'll take the pic and add to the gallery.

P1170597-L.jpg

P1170586-L.jpg

P1170591-L.jpg

P1170602-L.jpg

P1170605-L.jpg

The area that had a rust hole ...I covered the entire area with black thick silicone.
P1170588-L.jpg

Here you can see the drip of water running down the inside of the shock tower...looks like it drips from the trunk hinge.
P1170590-L.jpg

Here you can see the "worst" of the body issues: there is an inward smooth dent under the drivers side rear corner directly under the tail light.
P1170615-L.jpg

Last edited:

fuel

My first Galant in New Zealand rusted under the rear windscreen in the exact same spot and I've seen multiple others with the same rust. I thought it was confined to the NZ assembled models as I never saw a JDM with the same rust.

GSTwithPSI

^Yup. 820 had the same issue. Water pools there and just sits if the car is left for long periods. There is a body seam there and the body seam sealer cracks and peals off, leaving the bare metal seam exposed. Add water, and you get rust. It's a common rust area on the Galant, same as the front lower quarter panels behind the fenders.

NateCrisman

Yes, this one was strange to me. it had that hole in the trunk/quarter seam and dripping in the trunk. But the front fenders and under the doglegs/rockers is spotless. Check out the link below to my "mod thread" that has like 50 photos of the car with the body apart for the wrap process. Prospective buyer can see the other GVR4 rot areas are spotless on this car.

My Thread with tons of photos during the wrap process.

NateCrisman

Just figured I'd "cut/paste" my spreadsheet for guestimating ballpark partout value on #418/2000 to illustrate how good of a deal it is at $6000. I may have just convinced myself to part it out anyway.

Manley Forged Piston & Manley Rod 2.0L 6bolt, BSE, w/ tbelt parts/pan 950
1g head (head is probably "built" but Im not sure, iv never had the cover off to look) 300
Ported/cleaned intake manifold 35
Mitsu emblem valve cover 120
BC 272/272 Cams 200
ARP head studs L19 75
90 Water pipe 25
Evo3 aluminum radiator 100
Aftermarket fans 50
Prothane engine mounts 50
ported 2G manifold 50
Ported 2G o2 housing 25
Evo3 16G ported turbo 200
FP exhaust manifold 150
FP Vband o2 housing 275
FP 3176 HTA turbo (rebuilt in August 2016) w/ oil feed & FP filter 775
TiAl 44mm Vband external wastegate 200
3" turboback exhaust - carbon muffler, 200
ETS FMIC 28"x10.5"x3.5 - custom end tanks, 2.5" alum pipes, TB elbow, bov. 550
Devils Own Meth Injection - M10, M18 nozzlse 200
750cc FIC Injectors 125
Walbro 255hp fuel pump 50
Aeromotive FPR 100
-6 Billet filter, -6stainless braided fuel feed line 100
DSMlink V3 Full -with Eprom Ecu 500
Omni 4bar map sensor, GM Air Temp sensor, DSMlink fancy cable 100
14point7.com - wideband o2 sensor. 100
DSMlink boost control solenoid 50
NGK wires & NGK BR8ES plugs at .018" 20
Glow shift boost/oil pressure/water temp combo gauge. 45
Optima red top battery with relocation kit/cables. 120
Tranny rebuilt by a prev owner - shifts awesome at dragstrip! 500
Xcase - manual 23spline 95
ACT2600 Clutch 100
ACT chromoly flywheel 100
SS clutch line 20
4bolt DSM rear 395
KYB AGX, Tien camber plates, Ground Control coil over kit - 550/450lb 6" springs 450
Grant steering wheel 45
1G DSM Shifter Assembly with solid mount bushings. 40
JDM front and rear bumpers & JDM foglights 900
92 VR4 Grill 45
92 VR4 Taillights - wrapped black 125
Enkei 17x7" wheels & good all season tires 300

Total partout value - leaving a sellable "shell" 8955
Likely value of shell w/ all interior/exterior/wiring/brakes 1500

Total value 10455

jnava

Staff member
I'm in for JDM rear and front with foglights and FP turbo.

NateCrisman

Savages!!!! This is a Car for Sale thread, not a throw the bones to the wolves thread! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I was simply illustrating the value in my $6000 asking price.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
Quoting NateCrisman:
I may have just convinced myself to part it out anyway

This is all I saw

NateCrisman

I'm going to give it a little more time, especially cause the F350 I bought is already having some issues...(looks like the transmission computer blew up, stranded me 100 miles from home, cost me a $463 tow bill). Also having some issue with the dealership/credit union..long story, but the dealer F'd up the loan application, the bank approved it, but hasn't released the funds to the dealership because of their paperwork error, and now they are being dicks and holding back my registration & plates till the loan is completed...so I can't drive it anyway.

I'm going to be daily driving the GVR4 this week at least, so no partout forthcoming.

Juan...you know how I feel about shipping big bulky stuff. I hope you are going to be driving to NJ, or I'm sitting on these till the shootout! hahaha
In all seriousness, the JDM bumpers probably need to sell with the shell since they are already wrapped to match, and I don't have stock bumper to put on the shell either.

If I decide to part this car, it isn't going to be a body/interior/wiring partout. It's going to be "take off the aftermarket mods" and sell the shell as a roller for someone else to build. I'm not parting this one to the unibody and crushing it. So some of the stuff I listed, won't be for sale outside of the shell. (bumpers, tail lights, grill, ext)

Last edited:

thomcasey

Interested in the combo gauge with sensors.

Jesus_Negros

If this car doesnt sell as a complete car, then you folks really dont want GVR4's to be worth anything since yall rather cannibalize a running one for your projects that'll never run. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Nate, GLWS and I hope you wont have to part it.

NateCrisman

If it comes to it...I will part this car out, because frankly, there is a big money difference (about $4500) between what it's worth in parts and my $6000 price to drive it away with both turbo kits. While I have a sentimental place in my heart for GVR4, it's not typically a space that $4500 can't fill.

I'm going to give it a little longer, until the F350 is fixed (ordering PCM for it today, and I got the loan fixed yesterday & obtained my temp tag/reg). Likely will give it till after Christmas to make the partout decision. once I do, all the parts will get listed on PerformancePartout.com and I'll make a thread in the parts-for-sale section. But for now...no more chatter in this thread of "calling dibs" on parts, because that's not happening anyway yet. Patient hasn't even been proclaimed dead yet and you guys are calling dibs on organ transplants.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif I know it's the bad time of year right before the holidays, but DAMN If a clean running 10 second street car without underside cancer is not sellable at $6000, GVR4 truly have become just a dsm....just a worthless container of aftermarket parts.

On the other bonus side: if I decide to part it out, then I'm keeping the shortblock, ECU & related electronics, FPR, fuel lines to use on the yellow 1g.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

F350 is fixed and drove around fine all weekend.

I'm going to make the decision tonight on parting out #418/2000 and what will go up for sale and in what groups. (assuming one of the 15 people "interested" don't pony up a paypal deposit today)

Basicaly, this bump is notice to anyone on the fence: Move Your Ass and decide to buy it whole before I decide to take it apart...there will be no going back once Imm past that point.

NateCrisman

Sale Pending. #418/2000 looks to be going to a new owner in South Carolina, I'm going to deliver it early in Jan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings