The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 Black Galant VR4 (842/2000) $4100 obo

Jvimpty

Selling the Galant. It has been a fun time, but work and a move limit my interest in maintaining the relationship with this car. Lots of recent work, fine example of a mostly stock and intact VR4.

Details:
1991 Galant VR4 Black Non sunroof car number 842/2000.
~170K miles (see photo for exact)
Purchased a few years ago in GA and brought up to Central PA.
Car has had the following work done since then in approximate chronological order:

Radiator failed on drive up (2015), resulting in Peakes Automotive installing:
New Radiator
Rebuilt head from Strictly Performance in Michigan
ARP Headstuds
new Timing Belt and balance shaft belts pulleys, Water Pump, Etc (166K miles)
All new Cooling system hoses (all hoses)

Transmission mount bolt holes were stripped out and 2nd gear was grinding, so:
Replaced transmission with JDM gearbox (2WD/4WD selectable see photos)
Replaced clutch slave cylinder
New Exedy Clutch Kit installed
Replaced Driveshaft support bearings
New motor mounts

In 2016, heater core began to smell. So it was replaced with OEM.
Radio was non-functional so I replaced all speakers, installed an amp under passengers seat, and a line in AUX input equalizer in dash
Replaced front bumper cover with complete OEM used including fog lamps
Replaced missing dog legs
Swapped rear seats for some non rotten used ones

The Good:
AGX shocks
ATL GA car, minimal rust (none structural, all superficial see photos of under carriage and door jambs)
Kept it off the road in PA thru the winters
New tires (continental extreme something-or-anothers) on Advan RC wheels (purchased VR4 forums)
Includes stock wheels w/lug nuts and 50% nokian snows
No Sunroof
Runs good, lots of recent TLC, maintenance and repair
100% stock under the hood (except JDM trans)

The Bad:
CEL is on, not sure why this is new. It runs great, but only gets driven once-twice a month around town to keep it happy
faded paint (original paint)
some dings and scratches (see photos) most notable is on roof where paint is faded
remnants of tint are on rear windshield

Photos: Lots of Full resolution photos (including undercarriage, etc) available to view here: Full Resolution Photos
Attached several lower resolution to this post.

Last edited:

Jvimpty

Forgot to add a few details:

Replaced inner and outer tie rods (front) @166K
New rack boots at same time.

I have a LSD rear end and axles that go with the car when sold as well. (not installed)

Jeremy

GSTwithPSI

Have you ever pulled the fenders? I see stuff pinned in there in the pics. Crap pinned in the fenders there always causes rust, but the question is how much.

Looks like a nice stock example, and priced right depending on the condition of those front rockers.

GLWS.

RTWv0ONsMfXnaGClEKz8ccz6gL-uwq6XCWWpdgBHvzk

srcyI5THFJ6BCjvTMeobHVz9GsSwQ7NcbAebS-fP7bE

Jvimpty

Thanks GST!

I had the front fender liners out when I was replacing the front bumper and foglights. There were some pine needles and leaf debris in there, but I cleaned it out. I'll snag a few more photos of that area and put them on dropbox full res folder, if it isn't sold tomorrow. A local is coming to look at it tomorrow, but he sounds like a car flipper not sure his true level of interest. He was excited that it was a VR-4 but didn't know much about them.

Jeremy

Jvimpty

Yes still for sale. Unfortunately, I am travelling for work much of December. Next time I'll be around the central PA area is early January. I have a few PMs (replied to) and a few emails/calls from the CL listing, that I have been communicating with.

Jeremy

I am also going to take some photos of the front fender area mentioned above to post, once I get back home!

Last edited:

HollywoodHalo560

Saw your post here and I have an employee that is interested, however he is not currently on .org. Is this cross posted or any of the facebook vr4 groups so that he can get ahold of you? If not what is the best way for him to contact you? Thank you

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings