The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

(SOLD)FS: 1991 Galant VR-4 $2200OBO McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania 15136

VIN # JA3GX56U3MZ008285

172,000 miles

#1952/2000

Belize green

Non-sunroof

Modifications:

Evo 3 16G
Hallman MBC set at 14lbs.
Boost(hooked up), oil pressure gauge(not hooked up), and an AEM wideband (new, not installed)
Full 3" exhaust
Tial Blow off valve
IRC street kit FMIC (Spearco 2-210 core i think, with short route piping).
ND Supra pump hardwired
H&R Sport springs
KYB GR-2s
solid shifter base and cable bushings, 1g short shifter, leather boot, 2g knob
ss clutch line
Fidanza lightened flywheel with ACT 2600
5-lug hub conversion.
late 90s GSX wheels, the ones that came on the late 2g GSX.
EPROM ecu
newer tie rod ends
newer altnator
2 slim fans
no longer has 4WS.
4 Bolt rear
poly motor mounts
new gas tank rubber filler tube
Front and rear tower bars
No emissions
Battery relocated to trunk

Interior is all there minus the middle clock (kept falling out, I ended up losing it), radio (keeping my set up, the wires for a new system are still all there), and the trunk has been gutted. There is a leak somewhere in the seal for the trunk lid, I’ve kept the car stored but at some point water did get in and it sat so there is rust on the floor of the trunk.
Brakes on front are 92 3000 GT rotors. Rotors and pads are almost new. E-brake works very well. Braided lines all the way around. This car stops on a dime.

The car does not have the AC radiator in as the intercooler plumbing on the driver's side runs right where the bottom corner of the radiator would sit. The hard lines are in and the compressor is on the engine with the belt. The wiring harness is not hooked up to it though. When the A/C was running it would cool very well and did not leak.

The clear coat is pealing badly and the paint is fading it could really use some paint. It has a few dings (I have a replacement for the front trim under the headlights and above the bumper). Car is not "rust free" it has some here and there but no true “rot” yet if it bothers you it could be cleaned up down the road with a little effort.

Engine runs extremely smooth (it's not the original and I have no idea as to mileage or anything). It does smoke and I haven’t played with it, its either the turbo or the valve guides. Car still holds boost and pulls hard. I do have a rebuild kit for the turbo that I’ll toss in in case it does happen to be its seals.

Car either needs to be tuned or have the intake put back to stock (recirc). Because of this the car runs rich and has a tendency to stutter when in boost and casually shifting and occasionally stall when coming to stops.
This car really needs some TLC and time/money that I do not have atm. Other than the above the car runs and drives pretty fine.

Looking to get $2200OBO

No Trades

I will be starting school in 2 weeks so if the car has not sold by then I may keep it.

You can call or text (preferred) me for a faster response at (412)-926-6350

Pictures:
click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts