The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1976 Dodge Colt Sedan - Runs Great - 4G63 ready - AZ - $2700

IncorpoRatedX

11032823_943632705670169_781505471_n.jpg

11049135_1576618345911193_826945171_n.jpg

10957221_866016183455693_242437560_n.jpg

10666214_1484618445135790_1818879357_n.jpg

10598235_1453127608305767_159068960_n.jpg

It's taken a month of heavy considering for my girlfriend and I to come to terms with selling off her baby, my first vintage colt. Keeping up with her having this car, her 75 wagon and, her montero is tough on me, so one has to go.

Third Owner Car;
1976 Dodge Colt Sedan, Maroon ext, White velour and wood grain interior.
Bought brand new in Kalamazoo Michigan, taken to Battle Creek Michigan and undercoated, stored indoors in winters and driven in summers.
Currently rolls the odometer at 40,000 miles. Originally this was a 2.0 (4G52) automatic, rear wheel drive. We've swapped in a hard to find narrow block 2.6 liter from a mighty max with around 54,000 miles on it, has the old school non-electric mikuni carb and the newer style electric ignition (no points).

Car has recent:
brakes all around
wheel bearings
idler arm
shocks
New truck radiator (bigger)
new hoses
fresh plugs
trans filter/fluid
upgraded external trans cooler
long tube header
open air filter
Autopal H4 headlight conversion
Rota RB 15x8 rear, 15x7 front, Yokohama tires.

This car is equipped with the A904 automatic transmission (same internal as the chrysler 727 trans) and is a NARROW BLOCK transmission, the engine is a 6 bolt as well, this means you can drop a 4G63 into this car without any modifications to the drivetrain.

It's quiet and smooth, it's really a cruiser car as it is now, dependable and comfortable, the interior is 100% complete and in great shape except the drivers seat has deteriorated in the last two years, it will need reupholstered to bring the interior back to new quality, exterior the paint is dry and old but could be brought back with some love, the most important part, the vinyl top is still in great shape without cracks or separating. The car does have spots of rust, nothing that couldn't be easily restored by someone with that skill set, i am not skilled in those ways so I left it alone and just took care of the car.

Car is available in Mesa AZ, pick up only, I would drive this car across country with this strong little 2.6 as the power mill, it's really a pleasure to drive, recently we loaned it to a friend down her for a week so he could get to work while his montero was down for maintenance service, after driving it for a week i had to talk him out of buying it (we've been trying to be good friends to each other and limit our number of toy cars). All the engine and transmission parts can be pulled from an 82-84 Dodge D50/Mighty Max, so drivetrain parts are easy to get, and cheap!

Car is pictured with 1973 bumpers, they are not included, car will come with stock 1976 bumpers.

I will get interior and engine bay pictures soon, it's currently parked in my uncles garage while my garage is being built.

Price is $2700 firm, if you're not willing to pay that, it's ok, we'll keep the car around until someone does.
Call/text 269.357.4372 if interested, sorry, no trades.

-Josh

IncorpoRatedX

Hmm... I'd rethink proposing then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

IncorpoRatedX

This car can also come with a spare 2.6 (yup, sourced two narrow blocks!) or a spare 2.0, which is the cars original engine, has a new non-jet head on it and 30,000 miles on the engine (from 1976 to current time). This car would make for a great adventure for you and your girl, it's what my girlfriend and I did years ago. But for anyone wanting the spare parts, the engine wont fit in the trunk, so think that one through before you consider it. the car could very easily get a hitch though and tow a very small utility trailer like the one I towed out here behind my vr4.

Jesus_Negros

Shiiiiiit this is sick.

91galantvr4_4WS

Car is absolutely awesome man. If I already didn't have 4 cars, this would be one to get for sure.

KT

This would make a great donor for all my StarQuest parts. Does it have working A/C?

IncorpoRatedX

The Colt is a 76, as far as I know air conditioning was not offered as an option until 1978, Every feature this car came with still functions. There were some aftermarket kits out there for AC and I know that the mighty max AC unit looks just like the ones offered for the later colts and should bolt into these cars (sits below the dash, self contained unit, requires knocking two small holes in the firewall.

This particular Colt was optioned out as far as you could get in 1976, it was a premium package sedan and would be a 'Freeway Cruise Model' except the original owner ordered it with an automatic transmission (manual 5 speed KM119 transmission was required to call it the freeway cruise package due to the overdrive reduction of the 5th gear, previously 4 speeds were offered.) Has the white and wood grain interior, seats have functioning lumbar adjustment, AM/FM radio works just fine. It's really a relaxing car to just cruise around in and people are always complimenting it and asking about it.

Some rough background information on this car:
We purchased this car from a guy in Michigan after one test drive around the block my girlfriend absolutely had to have it, the information he provided was;
The car was bought brand new by one of his close friend's father back in 76, his father drove it around grand rapids in the summers and then headed south to Texas or Tennessee, i dont quite recall in the winters, he said the car didn't spend any winters up here in the first 10 or so years, then either something happened with the timing chain to cause concern, or he decided to replace it with the revised system, either way no damage had taken place prior to him starting to work on it, he botched the timing job and crashed valves. The car sat for something like 12 years, then they ordered a new head for it and started to put it back together, the owners health declined and i think it sat for another 4 years after he passed away. The son didn't want the car, but his friend (the guy we got it from) did want it. He got the car and swapped a 1.6 liter into it from a colt GT he had that was taxed to the max. We got the car with the 1.6 in it and the 2.0 in boxes. I reassembled the 2.0 with a fresh non-jet valve head and intended to put it in the car when the 1.6 finally let go (low compression, bad stem seals, leaks, etc) but the 1.6 didn't let go until we moved to Arizona, of course... Luckily I had just removed a low mile 2.6 from a friends car to help swap in a conquest engine, so the 2.6 went into this car putting us above and beyond the stock 2 liter.

Here's some more in depth info and some pictures of how the car would have looked new, the red stripe down the side is a 'bump strip' and we had to remove them due to two pieces falling off somewhere over the years, we didnt want it to look weird.

JCorbo25

If this was a 1975, I'd be trying to find a way. Damn California.

Looks awesome, I hope it finds a good home.

IncorpoRatedX

Thanks Tim!

Ultimately I am selling this to fund the 2.4 MPI/4 speed auto swap into the red wagon.

This is a long shot, but I am willing to trade for a 90-92 Mighty max/D50. But, it must be; 2WD, 2.4 liter, automatic. the body can be as rough as anything in the world as long as the engine and trans are in good working order.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting JCorbo25:
If this was a 1975, I'd be trying to find a way. Damn California.

Looks awesome, I hope it finds a good home.

build date is November of 75, door tag says "Non-catalyst" so you should be Kosher. I dunno though.

RWD4G63

Just curious, but what offset are those Rota wheels front and rear. Considering buying a new set of wheels for my 75'
Thanks, and GLWS

IncorpoRatedX

I don't recall, I would have to remove them to check and tell you. Once I get it back to the house and up on some jack stands for photos and stuff, i'll pop them off and post it.

RWD4G63

Oh, that's not necessary. I was just curious. I am planning to measure my set up anyway. Was just wondering if you knew off the top of your head...

IncorpoRatedX

Pending trade.

Struc

Oh boy... I thought you were trying to get rid of "toys" that needed time to work on them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IncorpoRatedX

I need a mighty max 2.4 EFI and automatic drivetrain for Kim's 75 wagon, so im trading a guy for a full mighty max, that way she has everything she wants, AC, powersteering, auto, efi.

The plan all along has been to use the funds from this car to buy a mighty max, so this is just a short cut.

IncorpoRatedX

--sold--

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts