The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1991 Galant VR4 STL $5500

Wolfpuss

I am selling my 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4. (1392/2000) I purchased this from a gentleman in Seattle who is a rally fanatic. He had the engine,transmission and other things built by Andre at Pina Motorsports back in 2007/2008.

I hopped on a plane to Seattle last August 2nd to pick this car up. I drove it from Seattle to St Louis and the trip lasting 3 days

There is about 45k miles on the rebuild and still runs strong.

Heres a link to his build thread click

Semi built 2.4 stroker

Bottom End:
4G64 2.4L Stage I block
8.5:1 Ross pistons
Eagle Forged H Beam rods
Factory 100mm crankshaft
ACL main and rod bearings
ARP main studs
Main caps girdle plate
front case with new oil pump and balance shaft removal kit
poly motor mount

Top End
Stage I Street 4G63 twin-cam Head
Mild porting of intake and exhaust passages
3 angle valve job
ForcedPerfomance FPCam1 Camshafts (264/264)
ARP head studs
2.4L metal head gasket

Engine Management
DSMLink Engine Management
PLX DM100 OLED Display centered in dash cluster
PLX Wideband AFR Module
PLX Vac Boost Module
PLX Oil and Fuel Pressure Module

Fuel Delivery
TD05H-20G, stock IC and fuel injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump

Exhaust
Custom 2.5" steel exhaust with hi-flo cat and twin tip muffler

Transmission
Tranny rebuild, replaced all wearing parts
ACT2100 clutch

Suspension
KYB AGX Adjustable Struts
Whiteline urethane bushing set
Whiteline lowering springs
Whiteline front and rear swaybars with endlinks
Whiteline front strut brace

New parts 2014-2015

Spark plugs
NGK spark plug wires
Fuel filter
Walbro 255 fuel pump
ECU caps replaced by ECMtuning
Front sway bar endlinks
Front balljoints
New tierods
Gates timing belt kit (under 100 miles)
20G turbo (ported per-Jafro's video)
Ported 2G manifold
Ported 1GO2 housing (new)
OEM valve cover gasket
2G MAF
K&N Filter

Im sure im forgetting other things..

The Bad:
Slow oil leak by the oil return line from the turbo to the oil pan (I will proabably fix it when the parts arrive from JNZ)
PO's kid clipped a curb in Seattle causing damage to the rear dogleg (I re-installed it-needs to be painted)
AC works, but the expansion valve keeps freezing. The compressor belt is currently uninstalled
Tear in the rear seat
Wear spot in the driver seat

I recently replaced the turbo using OEM gaskets and fasteners and timing belt under (100 miles ago) Its currently set at 15psi with the stock fuel injectors. It pulls very nice for having stock injectors. Although, there's plenty more potential if you upgrade the injectors.

Oil leak is from the oil return line to the pan. It leaked a few drops when I drove it. I actually drove this car from Seattle to St Louis with the OFH leaking like a mofo. I discovered upon arrival that the relief hole bolt came loose. It no longer leaks like before, but the small issue is still there.

Overall, its a good running/driving car. I would not hesitate to drive this across the country again. I actually drove this to Ohio last fall to a Browns game with no issues. Since my ownership, I never driven this in the snow. I bought a beater Expo and GGSX to prevent that from ever happening

I am asking $5500 FIRM.

Please feel free to contact me for any more pictures and questions

Walk around and cold start

click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings