The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Second Owner VR4 1772/2000 Nile Black Mesa AZ $6500

IncorpoRatedX

<b>The Gentleman’s VR-4
1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 1172/2000</b> Nile Black with sunroof
157,000 Miles
Located in Mesa Arizona, near the Mesa Airport.
Call/Text 269.357.4372

If you're a member of the forum PM me for member price on the car if you're interested.(i will check registration date if I dont know you, this doesnt apply to new members)

I have this listed on for $6500 for EVERYTHING this includes the upgrades already on the vehicle and the following parts not installed:
JDM FMIC, 2.5 in fmic piping, Small 16g turbo, 510cc jdm injectors, socketed ECU and ECM Link V3, Kevlar clutch disc on OEM pressure plate, Energy Suspension Lower Control arm bushings, Carbon fiber hood, Jacks transmission stage 1 rebuild (was previously used for a year).

I have no use for these parts so keeping them is not ideal , i prefer to sell them with a car, my price is firm but i am willing to negotiate based on me keeping some of these parts to sell independently.

First let me say that this is not a comprehensive for sale ad. I'm posting this up before I have all of my information and pictures in order. I know you're going to ask for interior and under body pics, i get that, it's on my to-do list, but I'm not extremely motivated to sell this car, I'm almost certain that I'll regret this in the years to come, probably once summer hits here in Arizona and i realize that none of my old cars have very good AC and the Galant blasts ice cold R12 AC but, all my attention is going towards the vintage mitsu's and i've acquired a few new ones. I'm literally out of space for cars and I'm supposed to build a garage in the next 2 months. I have 3 vintage colts and 3 vintage mitsu trucks, all in various states development.
Currently the VR-4 is only being driven for work appointments and site visits, which is maybe 2-3 times a week 100-200 miles each time. Don't get the wrong idea, this car has been daily driven spring summer and fall for the last two years (not during winter aside from a handful of days during fresh light snow last winter, no salt G!)

I am the second owner of this vehicle, the previous (original) owner is a 65 year old man from Michigan who bought it at the release in 1991 after reading all the magazine reviews and wanting to treat himself to a fun business sedan – his wife loved the car so much in 1992 she made him buy one for her. The car spent most of it’s life being driven in the summer, the couple spent their winters in Texas and had a full size chevy truck they took down with them every year while the VR4’s sat parked in their two car garage. The vehicle was 100% stock when I got it and it came with an impressive number of service records, car wash receipts and the original key fobs, all come with the car. It was maintained by the local Mitsubishi dealership; some of the service requests are comical, the best being when it had lifter tick “Customer reports of sound similar to gerbil trying to get out of cage” ticka-ticka-ticka
The car was being driven very little by the time I bought it, the owner was doing his best to keep up care on something he simply had no use for anymore and now that he was fully retired he planned to be spending more time in Texas, so when he was in Michigan he would start the car every couple of weeks and take it down to the gas station, put a little fresh gas in it and drive it around the neighborhood for 10 or 15 minutes, then back to the garage. After buying it I began to immediately daily drive it and started with all maintenance it needed first, and then worked in some minor upgrades.
This is not a race car, this has never been a race car. This is a quiet, great running, smooth riding, daily driven good example of a VR4. This is not an auto cross car, its not a drag racing car, it’s not a street racing car and last but not least, it’s not in any way ever been treated as a race car. It’s never been launched on asphalt but has been launched once in a light snow and once on a gravel road (both times on video, one of which is slow motion and shows the VCU working!)
This car was recently driven across country and did not consume nor leak any oil, coolant, or trans fluid. It did not require any service in the entire journey. It's quiet, it's smooth, it doesnt rattle or thunk, it's very solid. The exhaust is a 2.25" down pipe, eliminated cat, stock muffler.

ICE COLD FUNCTIONING R12 AC

Engine:
Timing belt just done 6,000 miles ago, timing and balance shaft belt, idler and tensioner pulleys, rebuilt stock cylinder head, pulled the head to change valve stem seals and upgrade cams, the surface was perfectly smooth and had never been machined a single time (see pictures) - at that time the car got:
-New NGK Plugs and wires
-New head gasket
-ARP Head studs
-Repainted valve cover
-AMG plug well cover
-Crower 264 cams
-2G exhaust manifold and heat shield
Also has:
new bosch o2 sensor
2G lifters
K&amp;N drop in filter
Aluminum radiator
Eliminated FIAV
Drivetrain:
New front axles
New moog ball joints and tire rod ends
Alignment done 10/14 at firestone
KYB GR2 struts on stock springs
New Front OEM calipers, pads with outlander brackets and slotted rotors (minor increase in braking power)
New Rear Calipers pads and slotted rotors

INT / EXT
Thule Roof Rack and three bike carriers
2 inch hitch receiver and trailer wires
93 headlights
AMG corners wired for turn signal and runner lights
JDM Front bumper with projector fogs
JDM Eterna Grill
JDM Full time AWD badges (front and rear)
JDM Door stickers
Carbon fiber trunk
OZ Superleggera 17x8
6 month old Continental DWS
Rally Armor mud flaps
Conquest head rests
89 glove box and under dash
Evo DIN gauge cluster
Manual seat belt conversion

Car has a few minor things that don’t work but don’t need to be repaired to be driven:
Cruise control is fully intact, turns on and lights up, indicates it’s function but does not manipulate the throttle, haven’t diagnosed it yet.
Horn doesn’t work, it’s still there, just doesn’t, haven’t looked into it
Power door locks do not work, when you push one down the rest are supposed to go, but they all have to be done individually
Sunroof does not seem to have power. Might be a fuse or relay, haven’t looked into it.
All of the above issues existed when i bought the car and I was told the electrical issues were due to shorting out the alternator wire momentarily when the alternator was being changed years ago. I've gone as far as to check the fuses and replace a few to get some of the other stuff functioning but have not looking into the rest of the fuses, or more importantly, the relays that control these circuits.
Clear coat is fading on the driver side fender and OEM hood, exterior is clean, interior is clean, body is rust free for a northern car (light surface rust on suspension parts and underbody bits) no fender rot, no rear inner fender rot, no door rot. It’s a solid chassis, which is why I picked it up.

For anyone considering coming from across the country, airport is 15 minutes from my house, i can pick you up, you're welcome to stay in my guest house a couple nights before hitting the road and you're welcome to my tools to give the car a good going through.

Last edited by a moderator:

IncorpoRatedX

10914183_410637425779831_1939406094_n.jpg

10844021_1387559431536649_537843748_n.jpg

10727236_798678113534013_1692000434_n.jpg

10706818_687228614718656_985971804_n.jpg

10601691_339318006234430_1878009559_n.jpg

10661210_1530284600535729_1733978777_n.jpg

10598365_700463376699583_424635119_n.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

10601895_297505983765992_80242424_n.jpg

10666243_858582387504921_1928269254_n.jpg

10598247_692676864147190_598226569_n.jpg

10554218_549243408531311_518115691_n.jpg

Here's the recap from our drive from michigan to arizona with the car, fully loaded and towing a trailer;
click

IncorpoRatedX

here's the thread from when i upgraded cams and head studs, you can see the head has never been serviced prior to me getting in there;

click

Lancer99

Nice! Really quicky I see different pics one with spoiler and one with out. Does it have the stock spoiler on it?

IncorpoRatedX

CF trunk, no spoiler, some pics are older. sorry about that.

IncorpoRatedX

I love it too, but after moving to AZ and buying a house that doesnt have a garage, then bringing home 4 more mitsu's, I'm a bit tied up, and these days i find myself offroad and out in the canyons hiking, not out driving the VR4. I'm also in a work environment now where i dont need to take colleagues and clients out in my vehicle, so i dont need a subtle business sedan, my wagon has been my daily driver lately and i have a turbo diesel mitsu that i'm in the middle of making awesome.

Obviously the main reason I'm selling the car is due to lack of time to invest in it. I have been financially capable of investing in it's care and improvement but my time and interest has been lacking, I have accumulated a laundry list of upgrades that I've not even attempted to install yet. The car runs perfect as it is, so there's been no need to put it on jack stands and upgrade all the parts I have, but I have them and the car will be quick as sh*t for a daily driver once they're all installed. It's already a damn strong engine and has been well cared for. All oil changes I've done have been with Valvoline Racing VR1 and the oil changes previous to me were done religiously, if you look at some of my threads you can see inside the stock head was still clean at 155k when i popped the top off to upgrade parts.

Also, due to lack of space and time i decided it's time to parse things down, I absolutely must build a garage before summer gets here. That was my original plan and since I got here I've been like a kid in a candy store, so I'm also selling a couple of other projects i picked up, a raider, a mighty max, both in early stages of builds so not running yet, was considering selling my wagon but i made the choice to sell the VR4, will I regret it? Probably.

Just for the record, I added up the parts and even though I got some deals, I have over $6,000 in upgrades invested in this car, that's not including the maintenance wear parts I've put into it or the price i paid for the car. Maybe I should raise my price... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

GSTwithPSI

A beautiful 2 owner car that's priced well. Not to mention, it has been previously cared for by knowledgeable owners who aren't hacks. Not much more a serious buyer could ask for when looking for a VR4.

It's a shame you're getting rid of this, Josh. I hope you're picky about selecting the next owner...Or hope you change your mind about selling altogether.

IncorpoRatedX

Today I drove it up north 2 hours and 7,000 feet up in elevation. Took 3 people to a national park and the drive made me want to reconsider or raise the price. Thanks for the kind words. I chose to sell this instead of my wagon. I'm not sure if I'm only holding onto this car because it's the perfect version of the first VR4 I ever wanted. But I have changed interests in my life and the VR4 just doesn't get my top pick when I go out now.

Jesus_Negros

Well do you want to sell it sooner? or later?
At it's current price it's a goner soon. You'll have more buyers too, so you could be more stingy on who its next owner will be. You don't want to price out the people who may truly appreciate it but you also don't want it too low that it'll attract riff raff. That's why I think 6500 to 7000 is a really good price point for this car.

Anyway, it's beautiful. And I hope it goes to the right person regardless of how much they pay. GLWS.

IncorpoRatedX

I would be happy if I could recoup the money i paid for the car and the money i spent on mods that won't deteriorate (jdm bumper, CF hood/trunk, 89 bits, jdm bits, amg bits, wheels, etc. You know, the upgrades that could last the life span of the car) without having the hassle of people low balling me. So i priced it fair, I actually have about $6800 into it not including the maintenance stuff I did to the car, so there's that...

IncorpoRatedX

11007987_1545003752435518_1903053263_n.jpg

Photo from our trip yesterday, the car doesnt mind 14% grades. I minded them, but the car didnt seem to care. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Lancer99

^UMM does one of the girls come with the car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

Staff member
Shots of them on the hood will sell this stat!

Jesus_Negros

We all know Josh got dat pimpjuice.

vr4hotness

Can't believe your selling it, awesome car, and stay firm on that price your car is worth more to me in my opinion.

IncorpoRatedX

Haha, the girls are not for sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Price will stay pretty firm. I have a friend back home that might want the car, I think he's moving south in a year and he'll take good care of it, so that will be ideal. If it works out.

weirdbeard

I want this thing bad. And you are right down the street from me as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

IncorpoRatedX

I think I'm going to pull the car from the market. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I've been getting a lot of interested buyers but unfortunately i priced this car at what I have into it (not counting maintenance sh*t) and now im regretting it. People think my lower asking price means there's either something wrong with it, so they ask a sh*t load of preliminary questions instead of coming with cash to see/buy it, or they immediately low ball me assuming I must NEED to sell the car. Neither of which is the case and I don't have the time in my life right now to deal with my phone going off constantly. I'm sure I've overlooked some legit buyers simply because I've been literally bombarded with people interested in making a deal.

Is it normal for people in Arizona to straight up offer WEED as a partial payment??? Had a guy claim he works at a dispensary and had almost all the cash, would make up for the difference in medical grade sh*t. The f***? That was his FIRST and ONLY text to me (aint nobody got time fo that) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

If someone comes along with cash in hand and interest in the car at my asking price, we can talk. For everyone else, I'm just not in the mood to talk deals.

To the guy in the post above; I don't have a PM from you, obviously you don't want it that bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings