The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: White '92 953/1000 CO, $7000

broncfan56

Well the time has come that I need to buy a work truck so I am contemplating selling my Galant. I've had the car for a the last two and a half years, and it just doesn't get driven much which is a shame. I have only put 5,700 miles on it since I've owned it. It is currently sitting at 188,723 on the body.

Here is the link to the previous for sale add, it is so well written and full of pictures that I figured that it would be a waste of time writing it all out again as not much has changed.

Click here for previous write-up

Since I have purchased the car I have replaced the clutch with an ACT2900 pressure plate and 4puck unsprung disc, along with new oem slave and master cylinders. It is a lot of clutch but the car needed it, the southbend clutch just couldn't hold the power. I also replaced the fuel pump with another bosch 044 fuel pump when the other went out. I installed a cuzco strut bar (front) and whiteline front sway-bar. I am currently ordering a rack and pinion. I stupidly used the tie rod to hold the a-arm out of the way when reinstalling the transmission and now it is hosed, so that part will be new as well. As soon as this is fixed I will officially have the car for sale and viewable.

-----------------------------------------

Parts that will come with the car for asking price:

Whiteline rear sway-bar

3000gt calipers, pads, rotors, and brackets for installation

5lug swap kit, all rust removed from hubs, new evo lug studs, and oem wheel bearing kit for all 4 hubs

evo 8 wheels, not in perfect shape but I was happy with them. Began stripping the finish off the day my wife went into labor and never finished stripping and painting them.

extra GVR4 fuel sending unit

spare transmission, transfer-case, and disassembled engine I had from another GVR4

Spare rear seat in perfect condition

New radiator, plastic end caps (thought mine was leaking, its not)

Laptop with tuning software

Boxes full of various stock parts that have been taken off the car over the years, and bag full of folders of paperwork on car maintenance and part receipts

---------------------------------

This car runs beautifully, but has some small things that need addressed:

After replacing the fuel pump the fuel gauge stopped working. I took it apart and got it working again, but shortly after that the float got stuck reading at 1/2 tank. I have a fuel sending unit for a replacement float, and may get around to fixing it before it sells.

There is a coolant leak that I have not been able to locate on the car. I notice a couple of drops in the driveway after parking it each time I drive it. The car has been like this since I have owned it. I just never drove it enough to care to fix it, just topped it off every month when I used it as a daily driver.

The most annoying thing about the car is an electrical draw. It takes 7-8 days to kill the battery. I traced it down with my multimeter to the sound system in the car, but I know nothing about them so I never fixed it, just removed the battery cable when parked for extended periods of time.

--------------------------------

Other than these issues this car is one of the nicest VR4s left. I was going to ask $6500 for the car, but I believe that with all the parts included with the car that $7000 would be a fair price, you let me know what you think. The wheel bearing kit alone was nearly $400, as where the wheels. Whiteline and Cuzco parts are not cheap either.

Thanks for looking, my name is Loren. I can be reached via text or phone call at 719-896-1024. Typically I will only be able to answer after 6pm on the weekdays. No calls after 10 please.

Last edited:

5OF2k

I know it's a long shot, but any interest in a clean, old bug? Im itching to get back into an E39

Last edited:

broncfan56

Not really interested in an old bug, I'm really looking for a 99-00 7.3l, or a 91-93 Cummins I can use for a work truck.

I'm sorry to hear you parted with your old car. From what I saw on here you had quite a car.

5OF2k

Yea it just got to be a bit much for a street car, and i couldnt bear to leave it sitting in my garage while i built it around the turbo - nor could i really afford it at the time. Things are different now though. Its about that time again!

dsmtalontsi95

Could you post what the car sold for? It's nice to keep an updated sale price for people looking for insurance reasons, buying or selling.

Scott Y

So, who got this car? What's happened with it?
Just curious, I used to own it and stumbled back onto the board and saw that the car has moved again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings