The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: #1755/2000 Belize Green Acushnet,Ma Not for sale

turbophein

fixing this car at the moment. to be continued....

i just bought this car back not running and it looks like it is going to be more work than its worth to me. i owned this car years ago and put lots of love into it then, but time takes a toll. its to cold to work on this car. a leak down test shows the valves are leaking, and 0-70-0-90 compression. i will confirm tomorrow if it jumped timing or not when its not as cold. the engine install is not the most professional, bolts are missing here and there. its def a project car worth saving. i has some surface rust underneath that can easily be por 15 painted now to stop it, overall the body has no rust except on the rear quarter where it was dented, no rot that i can find also. clear coat is peeling.

it has some nice extras on it, what looks like a ETS Fmic with Tial bov, 16g turbo, rc 550cc injectors, Gm Maf translator, 4 bolt rear and some gauges, braided brake lines, sloted rotors, nice tires, ARP Head studs currently installed upside down which i believe caused a head gasket issue. so now no compression.

I paid $1500 and i think its worth that and more just not right now to me with no garage. come save it like i planned.

This is the original ad i bought

Galant Vr4 #1755/2000
Rare car awd turbo
recently rebuilt engine
16g turbo,
550cc injectors,
fmic
new tie rods and wheel bearings,
good tires,
good leather interior, suede headliner,
new clutch literally 5 miles on entire engine/tranny.
BAD: need a new coolant temp sensor, doesnt want to start

Will come with: spare head, spare axles, spare transfer case, extra steering column/wheel, custom turbo manifold, gm maf & translator, spare door panels.

Last edited:

turbophein

thats what i thought when i saw the ad on facebook and just bought it asap. he delivered it for $1500 to my house. i told him i wouldn't bust his balls on anything. it needed to be saved from the previous wanna be mechanics, so i did what needed to be done. now someone come get it before i turn it into a drag car.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Quoting transparentdsm:
thats sad and im sorry. i wish i was closer id take it in a heartbeat for 1500. GLWS

Same here, GL with sale!

presterone

That's awesome so it could be just a head swap and run it? I'm in Maine here and if can't get I'm trying to spread the word to get one of my close friends too. I'm glad you saved it dude I also commented on that FB post. I was put off Cuz he wanted to sell that 2g with it only. So you want 1500?

turbophein

yes i am not looking to make anything. i really wanted to use it this winter for fun. there are other gremlins i'm sure. i notice only 1 bolt holding the downpipe on and the same with the drivers front axle.

presterone

Or if you want, tow it to my garage and I will get it going for you for cheap labor or you help me and buy us beet

turbophein

well the car got the best of me. i just pulled the head off in record time considering everything was pretty much loose. car jumped timing 1 tooth and hit the exhaust valves. pistons have minor nicks, should be fine. i can get a local tested and good head for $200. i think i might just throw it on and give it a go.

turbophein

the car is almost done at this point. the bottom end was junk. i swapped in a used 6bolt bottom end i had as a spare, and a fresh rebuilt 2g head swap. i'm waiting on harness pigtails that were gone right now for the thermostat housing and i have to pull off the OFH again to install the oil feed line, the allen head is stripped. everything else is back in, i bought v3 link also. 95% done, then i can see if it will run.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings