The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 2004 Acura TSX, clean, well-maintained, 148k miles, Raleigh NC - sold

4orced4door

2004 Acura TSX
VIN: JH4CL95844C044870
148,000 Miles
Nighthawk Black Pearl exterior with black leather interior
3rd Owner
6-speed manual transmission
2.4L K-series
Well maintained with regular synthetic oil changes
Extremely clean for its age and mileage
Garage stored
Adult owned and driven
27 combined mpg on average

This car has a solid history -- the original owner was a doctor in Texas and he's actually the one who installed most of the mods. It was purchased by Randy Heckert here on the Galant board about four years ago, and I bought it from him about 18 months ago. I'll call out the mods I did with dates -- everything else has been there a while.

I’ve put 25k miles on the car since purchase and it’s been flawless. Runs great, sounds great, comfortable, economical, and fun to drive. Selling because we’re moving to California and only need one car, and I’m afraid this one wouldn’t pass California inspection with the header and intake. It has a current NC inspection and I’ve had no issues getting it inspected.

Engine:
CompTech Icebox cold air intake - new part installed 01/14
Weapon R header with high-flow catalytic converter - new part installed 01/14
Hondata ECU flash (more power, earlier VTEC, 7600 rev limit)
Unorthodox racing aluminum pulleys

Suspension and wheels:
’07 TL wheels
Hankook S1 Noble 2 225/45-R17 tires installed 12/14 - brand new!
Tein Basic coilovers
CompTech sway bars

Brakes:
New pads and rotors at ~120k
Stainless steel braided lines

Misc:
Front passenger door lock actuator replaced 01/14
New battery 06/14
Acura all-weather mats and OEM carpet mats
Tinted windows
Skunk2 weighted shift knob with short shift lever
Dynamat sound deadening throughout
Infinity reference 6.5” speakers in the front and rear doors - installed 10/14
Pilkington windshield installed 12/14
Grom audio aux/usb input with bluetooth

A few things to note:

The car was involved in a 5-10 mph front end collision while the second owner had it (aka - Randy ran it into a f***ing van). I have pictures of both the TSX and the other vehicle. It was obviously a cosmetic accident only and he had the parts replaced with all OEM Acura parts. I have receipts for the repairs. They did an excellent job on the repairs and it looks 100% as it should. The rest of the car has a couple small dings and scratches as is expected for it's age, but it looks 9/10. I get compliments on it constantly -- hard to believe it's a decade old.

The throwout bearing makes a short noise when taking off up a hill occasionally. I've never had any issues with the actual clutch operation. Took me months to even figure out what it was -- it's a very intermittent noise. There is some minor surface rust underneath the car on the suspension bits (LCAs, coilovers). It only had two salty winters during its life, so it's pretty minor.

More thorough pictures to come.

$7500

Last edited:

rheckert

I loved this car when I had it. Good luck with the sale Paul!

4orced4door

Got the windshield and tires replaced this week. This is a lot of car for the money. I'm going to miss it. It'll go on Craigslist and Autotrader soon, so if you're interested get in touch soon.

ApexHunter

Such awesome cars. 1G TSX is arguably Honda's best sedan in 15+ years. Great powertrain, great chassis, great interior, cheap to own, reliable as a pet rock. Company i work for has been specializing in them since their inception. Do not be scared by the mileage here, the build quality is top level. I wish i was in the market.

Neat little blog here about a dude determined to see just how long his first gen TSX will go on the original powertrain with good maintenance. He's at 425k now. Here's the 400k status update .

4orced4door

Thanks, David! The 400k mile TSX is pretty awesome, and I totally believe it. Car feels rock solid and drives great right now, I would not hesitate to drive it several more years. I took a bunch of photos yesterday and will post them up later today.

4orced4door

I have this listed a couple other places and haven't had much interest. Can you guys give me some input -- do you think my price is high, or is it just the time of year?

badams

Great looking car but I think you are about 1,000 or so over what it is honestly worth IMO. It books for around 6K.

4orced4door

Thanks for the input. I know KBB is around 6k, but good luck actually finding a clean TSX for 6k. Market value is just not the same as KBB. That said, I'm expecting to come down a bit on price for a serious buyer. I also know that the mods limit my potential market.

Last edited:

rheckert

Quoting 4orced4door:
I have this listed a couple other places and haven't had much interest. Can you guys give me some input -- do you think my price is high, or is it just the time of year?

My opinion is biased but

Since I sold this car I have watched the market and I think you are in line with your price. There are few 6 spds with blk on blk and fewer that have been care for as this one has. Most are treated as transportation and have tan interior with wood trim.

I searched Craigslist in my area and there is an 04 and 05 listed. Both have right at 150k miles and are asking $7200. I can tell by the pictures they aren't close to the same condition.

Had I not just bought the Infiniti I would have considered buying it back from you. I think it is a hard time to sell a car. Unless you need the money look for the right buyer.

ApexHunter

^Word, just need to wait for the right buyer. That mileage and price range will often yield a fairly gross TSX, at least in Socal.

While the modifications will narrow the prospective buyer field a bit, the mods are fairly mild and those looking for a 6MT car may be more open to them or even find the car a better value.

blacksheep

This is similar to the s2000 market situation. KBB and NADA do not reflect the going value of the car. You may just have to wait it out for a buyer. If I didn't have a good DD, I would actually consider buying this car. Honda4lyfe!

4orced4door

It's tentatively sold to a local enthusiast for $6900. Finalizing tomorrow.

blacksheep

^^^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif You shut up you.Go drive that damn GTR. You don't need no TSX... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Sofa king jealous right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts