The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1988 MX-6 GT (Turbo) , Pittsburgh, PA - $2,400

bobdole

Does it have moon roof? Does this car have the isolating AC? and how much with out the Evo 8 wheels? Thanks

ScreaminE

Has the oscillating ac vents, but I can't seem to get them working. May be a bad fuse or actuator. The car does not have a moon/sun roof. I hear that's next to impossible rare. Not sure if that's true or not.

I'd take $2500 without the wheels, but I don't have any other wheels to put on it so you'd have to bring your own.

Last edited:

quicktsi

That is a blast from the past. I had a the sibling to that car, a 91 Probe GT way back in the day. Those are nearly impossible to find now. I often wondered how fast it could have been, knowing what I know now.

ScreaminE

They are much like a dsm or galant vr4 in the sense that they can be worked on easy and made fast super cheap. They have an EPROM ECU factory. I socketed/chipped the ECU for a chip with revised fuel/timing and deleted the factory fuel cut at 10psi of boost. According the webz, this thing is in the 240wtq range.

I'm considering buying a set of eclipse ninja star wheels local and selling the EVO wheels separate. I really don't want to roll the fenders on such a nice original car that has survived so much. I will update the price to $2500 after that.

4Grim

These cars are awsome.

Years ago there was a black one locally and whoever the owner was seemed to like hunting down hondas. Honda guys locally would have stories of a black Mazda would tear them a new on on the highways. My buddy has a LS Integra with a Type R tranny which maxed out at 120mph and that black MX8 passed us like if he was going 40mph. I got to meet the owner eventually right before he passed it down to a family member and he eventually bought a Supra.

Black MX8 with stock black wheels with a hard piping, FMIC, and "big" turbo.

Not a huge fan of Mazdas..but this was a cool car. Good luck with the sale man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ian M

There is a older lady that comes into the shop where I work that owns a really nice low mileage garage kept one of these,even white like this one. I've worked on it a few times over the years. Neat car,I remember seeing them back in the day,but never anymore.

Struc

Back in the day, I owned a 1988 626 4-door turbo version of this car. It was fast as hell for what it was. Really surprised a lot of guys (sleeper). Was pretty rare to have the 4-door one instead of the 5 door (hatchback) one in turbo too.

rx794

Quoting Struc:
Back in the day, I owned a 1988 626 4-door turbo version of this car. It was fast as hell for what it was. Really surprised a lot of guys (sleeper). Was pretty rare to have the 4-door one instead of the 5 door (hatchback) one in turbo too.

I currently have this same car, mine is a 1988 Mazda 626 Turbo 4 door. I did some mods to it, it's got eibach springs, tokico shocks, braided brake lines, ADDCO F+R sway bars, chipped ECU and cat delete. It is fun to catch people out there since no one really knows how quick this little car is, Here's some pics of it:

KiNgMaRtY

These are awesome cars and sleepers. I had an 89 MX6 GT Turbo with the rare 4ws which was much more superior to what we got in the GVR-4. It could turn up to 5degrees and while parked! With simple boltons on 12psi I made 170HP and 250TQ on the stock turbo. Very torquey cars and handle very well. They are also very reliable.

pics-025.jpg
">
dsc00738.jpg
">
pixs-014.jpg
">

Last edited:

Wookalar

When I first saw this thread I thought, shiet, if it's white with the powder blue interior I might have to buy it. The mx6/626 turbo are quite under rated cars of their time, IMO.

I had a 88 mx6 GT in 1996, it was a fun car but after having a mr2 turbo I grew tired of the fwd torque steer and cheaper interior. The mx6 GT had some really cool features though not found on other cars in it's class at the time, like the oscillating vents and adjustable suspension. The seats were comfy too and it had a usable trunk.

One day I was driving along and I pulled up on a pewter MX6 GT, an older lady driving it and she had a fs sign in the window. We struck a deal and I think I recall paying her 7700 for it, which I felt was more than fair because it had only 44K miles on it and was in awesome condition.

One day I was getting on the highway and there was a 2g dsm behind me. Not sure if he was going to play or not so I hammered on it first. Zinging through the gears I get into fourth or fifth and this guy in his 2g turbo dsm walks right by me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif My windows were not tinted, his were. I'm looking over at him with my foot planted as he walks by me, he was probably LHAO at me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts