The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1961 Comet S22 coupe w/ mustang II, disc, 350 v8 - $4200 (Chi)

mikus

Not a vr4 but, fits well into the style of "rare and WTF" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1961 Ford/Mercury Comet S22. Rare car with cool history, modified & daily driven. Chicagoland burbs.

> Mustang II subframe/suspension
> 4 bolt 350 & TH350 transmission w/ external cooler
> Custom driveshaft
> 3:00 8" Mustang rear
> 2 Chamber master cylinder & disc front brakes
> Corvette C4 floor shifter
> Fresh professional rebuilt late 70s Quadrajet 750
> New KYB shocks up front
> 5 new tires, couple thousand miles
> "Invisible" bluetooth amp setup for stereo w/ Infinity Kappa / Polk speakers
> New gas tank & fuel lines
> Electric wipers
> etc etc.

Runner, not a project! Car is daily driven at over 70mph in rush hour traffic on I88

M2 swap done right, inspected by local weld shop. Goes straight down the road. 350 is from late 70's truck I believe, starts easy & runs well.

Great "survivor" original exterior/patina. Does need light bodywork but wouldn't take much to clean up and paint, very solid body for year/style - I shipped here from Oregon. I enjoy driving as-is, car oozes character and I've never passed another one around stock or otherwise.

Well received by rat rod crews, hot rod crews, and esp. normal folks whose parents or grandparents owned one.

Don't expect perfect - needs bodywork, a bit of rust - but very solid & rare S22 example with spendy, unique modifications.

01111_2ppdG8kqU6U_600x450.jpg

00N0N_jHqpvuXLrKv_600x450.jpg

Lots more pics here

Last edited:

mikus

Bought a '46 Oldsmobile 98 for my new DD.
If this doesn't sell I may just store that one for a year & put another 5K on this guy ^ maybe sort the bodywork a bit further. I think the price is fair but it's late in the year to sell old steel in midwest.

Ian M

Neat! If that's all original paint you wouldn't want to repaint it. Original paint patina is where it's at now,fix the rust,blend the paint,and rock it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

89Patches

I do like this car and GLWS, but the first thing I thought of when I seen the back end was...

This guy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

click

4orced4door

Nice result, you got pretty close to your asking price. eBay is a little scary for stuff like this.

mikus

yea I'm content with it. Cars: at least it's cheaper than cocaine & good whores.

We'll see if the buyer shows up!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned