The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 - Western North Carolina - $3700 OBO

The wife and I have to decided to head south and we have way too many cars to transport with us, so this project has to go.

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 - Belize green - 102/2000 - Asking $3700 OBO

Exterior - Overall it's in pretty good shape. No major dents or scraps.
Cons - There is some typical paint fade on top pieces. Might be able to just have the hood, roof, & trunk sprayed and it look good. No major rust underneath but there is some surface stuff.

Interior - It's in overall good condition. Seats are in great shape. Badge is present. Headliner is in great shape.
Cons - A pillar pod has been replaced by a non vr4 piece(different color). Radio is not working. There is a panel piece missing near where the left knee would be on the dash.

Mechanically - No performance mods. Vehicle has had recent maintenance including timing belt, water pump, balance shaft belt, and drive belts. Engine has 155ish compression across the board. No major fluid leaks. 4WD P/S is still in tact. It has a new OEM clutch and slave cylinder. I believe the transmission has a welded differential. It binds in tight turns. Battery has been correctly relocated to the trunk with a new Interstate battery.
Cons - Vehicle has no A/C but I have everything minus the condenser to get it up and going again. It has some idle surge but I haven't had a chance to look into it(fixed the idle surge on 5/13/14). There are a couple minor exhaust leaks(1 at the cat delete pipe gasket and another near the muffler).I am now getting a vibration above 50mph. At this point I'm not sure if it's driveshaft, axles, or tires. The vibration was a lot worse but I filled the carrier bearings with RTV. That has definitely helped but there is still a vibration. It is not horrible by any means but something that will need to be addressed in the future. I am willing to knock a little off the price because of this.

If you have any questions or offers, feel free to text me or call.

Thanks,
Clint
828-777-7359

Last edited:

4orced4door

Wow, this looked like a nice deal on a clean car. Good luck with your move and to the new owner!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts