The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:*** SOLD* $3000 1736/2000 91 Nile Black Bakersfield CA

maxash0775

I need her gone so I will take a loss. Now $3000. I will be up to driving her to her new home with in a resonable distance and of course funds (and gas money) paid for. I think its fair, if not let me know.

I hate to do this especially after how long it took me to find her but the IRS wants their money so that is the only reason for the sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

The clicky below is from the ad here 2 years and 4 months ago when I bought her. This will give you more history.

click

This GVR4 is in great condition inside and out. She is and has been my dependable daily driver for the past 2+ years and will continue to be till sold. No mods done with the exception of a boost gauge, turbo timer and K&N air filter. She starts up right away and runs strong. Has 1 g eclipse steering wheel. She is a great blank canvas to start from or just enjoy as is. Body is straight with some dings, dents and scratches that come with a car of this vintage. Interior is near flawless with the exception of what appears to be a cigarette burn on the headliner (see pic below) and a tiny tiny gash in the dashboard that you probably wouldnt notice unless pointed out (see pic below). There is other signs of age but nothing significant i can thin off.

Spent about $2000 6 months and less than 5k miles ago on rebuilt trans from TEAM RIP (its awesome), slightly used clutch and new OEM clutch fork, pivot ball, throw out bearing and rear main seal. So the car is only selling for $1500 the rest in in the trans.

If you want pics of anyhing please let me know.

Pros:

Newer tires (80% tread left)
Straight body
Clean interior
New battery (less than 6 months from Walmart cause they are everywhere)
New alternator (less than 6 months ago)
High Performance Clutch less than 5k miles on it. Bought previously owner on this site. See link below. Has stock resurfaced flywheel.
click
Freshly rebuilt trans from TEAM RIP (less than 5k miles). Stage 1 rebuild with double synchro 2nd gear. All gears shift like butter except first from a stand still.
New OEM clutch fork
New OEM Shift ball
New OEM Throw out bearing
Rear main seal and gasket replaced less than 5k miles ago.

I am sure there are other things I can remember at the moment

Cons:

Small drip, I mean Small like a drop or 2 when parked drip comming from OFH area. I pulled timing belt cover and there is NO oil on belt or cover.
ABS fuse pulled but all parts still in tact
Noise on Decel. Most likely carrier bearings (was going to do VFAQ mod and put tar in them but never got around to it)
Intermintent Clicking when reversing and turning from one of the rear axels

Now of course just because its not mentioned doesnt mean its perfet, ite a 22 year old car. Just means I didnt notice an issue.

I want to be open since whomever comes and gets it has a clear picture since I took a greyhound, train and taxi and took 6 hours 1 way to get her, I dont want anyone to be surprised at anything so please ask any questions.

Thanks and enjoy pics below.

Last edited:

dsm10o0

interested in any trades?

strokin4dr

Punctuation much?

Turbo99

Is the undercarriage still as minty fresh as it looked in the other thread? No rust on the rockers or anything?

maxash0775

Didn't mention it but blows cold a/c and car was just smogged and registered 2 months ago. Under carriage is still rust free.

rallyart911

I'm highly intrested :) I live in camp penalton... Would like to meet up if ur free this weekend, 5054143333

maxash0775

Well I can be available if I know when you are coming out here. I am off Sunday and if the local guy doesn't buy it by the. I will be driving it down to San Fernando valley to my mother in laws where I will meet up with another potential buyer. Cash is king so first one with cash wins .

G

Staff member
Another clean example, should sell fast.

maxash0775

Just sold my gvr4. I want to thank everyone here for all the help and input over the years. This was my third GVR4 and the best of all so it was hard. I will be back someday with another one when I have the money to do it right. Thanks again everyone!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned