The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 GVR4 (960 of 1000) for parts or repair - $3000 obo - NoVA

Armitage

Hi guys, the time has finally come to part with my beloved GVR4. We've been through a lot of great times together but her first 10 years in New England have caught up to her and she's got rust all along the passenger side frame rail that's spreading into the rear wheel well. The driver door is also rusty at the bottom edge. I've added up reasonable used sale prices for the big ticket items + scrap value and come up with a value of over $5k in parts. I'd rather sell the car as a whole to someone who is interested in fixing it or needs the parts to transplant, hence the price.

The good:
About 20k on Rebuilt Motor/e16g Turbo/550 Injectors
About 5k on Rebuilt Trans w/double synchro 2nd, etc./Exedy clutch
Carbon fiber Vented RS Hood w/Aerocatch Pins
Evo 8 Suspension w/Hotbits Camber plates + Espelir ASD front springs
All subframe/suspension components w/poly bushings
5 gauges including Wideband O2
Reman Steering rack
SS Brake Lines
4 Bolt Rear
MAFT + GM MAF
3" FMIC + Piping
Greddy Tbody Elbow
Manual Boost Controller
TiAL BOV
Dejon Jpipe
CMPE Stainless Exhaust w/highflow cat
C+R Radiator w/slim fans
BoostX COP
S-AFC
EEPROM ECU w/chip
Pocketlogger
4x Autometer Gauges
AEM WBo2
Sony Headunit w/Bluetooth
3 sets wheels
Good condition Leather interior
F/R Whiteline Strut Bars
Lots of spares (perfect looking head, spare block, radiator, etc.)

The bad:
230k on Chassis
Rust
Heater core leak
Pass front wheel bearing is starting to go
Some other age-related gremlins

More info: click

Pics taken today as it sits.

DSC02572.JPG

DSC02576.JPG

DSC02575.JPG

DSC02577.JPG

DSC02578.JPG

DSC02564.JPG

DSC02566.JPG

DSC02568.JPG

$3k OBO

The car is located in Northern Virginia and runs strong if you want to check out the motor/trans/etc.

Please do not ask about parts. I am not parting it out at this time.

Last edited:

Armitage

Some additional info off the top of my head:

* Timing belt was replaced when I did the motor, as were all the pulleys, tensioners, water pump, coolant hoses, etc.

* I pulled the pedal box and put in a new clutch arm and welded it to the shaft not 5k miles ago. New clutch hydraulics. Perfect engagement, every time.

* Recently replaced the shift linkages and installed aluminum shifter bushings. Shifter is tight and accurate.

* E-brake cables have been replaced not that long ago.

* 4WS completely removed. Car has a rebuilt DSM rack and DSM reservoir now, not a plugged up 4WS unit.

* ABS completely removed. Hardlines/proportioning valve from non-ABS E39A Galant used. Brake feel is awesome.

* A/C completely removed right down to the cast iron compressor hanger on the back of the block.

* Motor is a stock rebuild but both balance shafts have been removed, oil passage has been blocked and the oil relief valve in the filter housing has been ported to account for it.

* Rebuilt trans (over $1k in work) includes the following: New 1-2 Hub/Sleeve, New Intermediate Shaft, New 2nd Gear, New 2nd Gear Double Synchro, New 1st,3rd,4th,5th, & Reverse Synchros, New 1-2, 3-4, 5th-Reverse Synchro Springs, New 1-2, 3-4, 5th-Reverse Synchro Keys, New Tapered Input Shaft Upper & Lower Bearings, New Tapered Intermediate Shaft Upper & lower Bearings, New Half Shaft Seals,Input Shaft Seal, & Output Shaft Seal, New 1-2 & 3-4 Forks, New Roll Pins, , New End Nuts, New Select Lever Shoe, New Neodymium Trash magnet Upgrade, Modified Oil Guides

* Poly bushings include everything Energy Suspension sells plus the BoostX subframe and diff brace.

* Both front and rear subframes were replaced down here in VA and don't suffer from the severe rust problems the chassis has.

* The Autometer oil pressure sender is wonky and won't measure anything under 50 PSI of pressure. Needs to be replaced.

* The ECU chip is set for 7800 RPM redline and has selectable RPM stutterbox launch control and no-lift-to-shift. I have never used either of these features with the new clutch/trans. Also uses the CEL as a knock warning indicator, resets octane counter ever start, and a bunch of other nice things.

* Peak/hold digital boost gauge in turbo timer. I've also set up the pocket logger to log wideband O2 output from the AEM UEGO 5v output.

LIV4PSI

Consider it sold fellas, hopefully.

Edit: There is no more maybe to it. Armitage gave me his word I have until Thursday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

Armitage

The car is sold. Take good care of her for me Craig!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned