The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: '91 Nile Black VR4, Danville, PA - $4200 SOLD

1941Galant

#1414 is going up for sale, it is hard enough having two of these cars, so this one will have to go.

Here is the original ad when I picked the car up.

clicky

The body is fairly nice on this car, except for a some dings and dents here and there. The paint is also pretty nice, except for the roof rails, which could use repainting. The tires were put on recently before I bought it, and they are still in good shape. This car currently has 146,600 miles on it, so in two years I put around 5,000 miles on her.

Here is a list of new parts that the car has received since I've owned it.

PC680 Battery
Timing belt & water pump kit
Balance shaft delete
Forward facing OFH
Cylinder head with SS valves, 3g lifters, and evo 9 lifters and retainers
Mitsu MLS head gasket w/ ARP studs
Intake manifold hot tanked
Denso 720cc injectors
Denso supra TT fuel pump
New fuel line and bulk head fitting on the fuel pump assembly
Dejon intake w/ 2G MAS and adapter
Buschur racing street FMIC, which had been customized
PTE 50 trim with bolt on housing
evo III exhaust manifold
custom O2 housing with a 40mm Tial wastegate and dump tube
Spec stage 3+ clutch and Fidanza AL flywheel w/ longer bolts and AT plate, new throw out bearing and a 2g clutch fork
New engine mounts, some filled with window weld
Alternator from NAPA, no issues with it yet
Hyundai valve cover, although it cracked when it was tightened down
Lower mileage driveshaft from #1941
H&R springs w/ KYB GR2 struts
Spare 91-94 Transmission and t-case
Tial BOV
A/C works very well
Rebuilt throttle body w/ custom elbow

I also have ECM Link V 2.5 or DSMap waiting to go in it, it is currently running off of an old Keydiver chip. a set of 17" wheels will also come with the car, they are in need of tires though.

The bad:
The turbo drain line needs to be redone, I didn't use the right fittings (too long). It works, but I'm not happy with it
Turbo feed line from the OFH needs to be redone. Again, it works, but I am not happy with it.
The front control arms have started rusting away, and need to be replaced. $55 a piece from rock auto.
Although the body is fairly clean, the undercarriage does have some rust. It is mainly behind the front and rear wheels. It is nothing that cannot be fixed. The front fenders, beneath the dog legs have also rotted away. I bought the bottoms of rust free fenders to weld on to keep the paint matching.
The brakes will need to be replaced, and I have a set off of #1941 that will go with the car. They may have 1,000 miles on them.
There is a good bit of driveline decel noise. I swapped in the driveshaft from #1941 and it helped, but did not cure it.
The car is currently running a VTA BOV with a 2G MAS, that wasn't the plan, but that's what's on it now.
I made a block off plate for the throttle body. I want to do another one, but this time keep the ISC.
The blower motor switch can be finicky at times. I may toss the switch from #1941 into this car.
I am still running the stock exhaust as I don't want to deal with a loud ass car on long drives anymore
A squirrel or something must have gotten into the trunk a while ago, which is why the truck interior has been removed. Also, the seats were replaced

Last edited:

1941Galant

I just swapped the spare trans and t-case in over the weekend. The bellhousing of the original transmission was all chewed up from a metal sleeved throw out bearing, so after the swap, about 50% of the decel noise has disappeared. I have a little bit more work to do on the car, but it is driving much better at the moment.

Last edited:

1941Galant

TTT. I ended up blowing the aeroquip fuel line a few weeks ago, and just got a replacement crimped line from JNZ installed today. I still need to replace the wastegate diaphragm and I also picked up a new intermediate shaft carrier bearing for it that I need to install as well. I'm dropping the price to $4k, which I feel is a pretty good deal for this car.

1941Galant

Dropping the price to $3500 since I just found out that the fuel return line is leaking at the tank. The tank needs to be drained, removed and either replaced or a bulkhead installed. I'll most likely be taking care out of in a week or two, so if it doesn't sell before then, the price will go back up.

turbojew

Trade for a perfect commuter car? 98 neon 15k miles new t belt and fuel pump!

strokin4dr

That neon sounds bad ass! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

1941Galant

I'm not terribly interested in trades unless it's a bike or FJ40. Between my fiance and I we have 5 cars, so I would prefer to sell this and make some room in the driveway and buy a new turbo for #1941.

1941Galant

Just for a little update, the car is still for sale, but is sort of pending at the moment. I have the fuel return line fixed, so the car is no longer dumping fuel, I just took it down to Virginia on a 400+ mile trip this past week and it ran fine, and I believe that I have finally narrowed down the decel noise issue, which I may be fixing before it is sold. It was also getting around 27mpg on the trip, which isn't too bad.

1941Galant

This is still for sale. I'll be taking care of the driveline noise issue, and throwing link in the car and tuning it for 20+ PSI over Thanksgiving.

1941Galant

PM sent. The car is currently off insurance and chilling in the driveway for the winter. The plan is to change out the fidanza flywheel to try and get rid of the deceleration noise, then tune it on ECM link and turn the boost up to 20-22 PSI.

1941Galant

Stock resurfaced flywheel is in the car, and I can finally say that I am happy with the way the car drives. There is a very faint wub wub noise in decel in lower gears, but the vast majority of it is gone. The car is pending as of right now. Price is back up to $4200 as well. I still need to fix the wastegate (not a huge issue), and installed ECM link. If I have time, the car will be getting the brakes from #1941.

Last edited:

1941Galant

I'm going to bump this thread. I had it out and about today and it's running and driving very nicely. For some reason the blower motor switch gave out on the car this winter, so I am going to try to figure that out by next weekend.

1941Galant

Just got back from a 600 mile round trip. There weren't any issues with it, and I honestly wouldn't hesitate to take this thing anywhere. I may even ditch my Jeep and start daily driving this.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned