The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 2 Shells 372/1000, 108/1000 Western New York $1000 Updated 11/24/13

SmoothCustomer

I'm selling my Galant VR-4 shells.

I'm selling 372 pretty much how it sits. You would need a full parts car to make it run (I have most of the parts you would need, and we could work something out if you are interested, or see the rest of the ad, and buy my parts car). It will come with all of the stock interior parts I have for it, including the dash plaque and custom floor mats. Almost nothing else will be included (like I said, you would need a parts car). This car has the cleanest gas tank I have ever seen. The only rust on the car is on the rocker panels under the side skirts, but due to the design just about every VR-4 ever made has that rust. The underbody was coated with POR-15 but it will not hold up as it was prepped improperly. The engine bay was painted with POR-15 and primed and it should hold up well, I took the entire bay down to bare metal and was quite careful with prep. No guarantees though. Besides the body work the biggest problems are that the windshield is cracked, the lower radiator brackets were cut off and there is a broken bolt in the body for the front subframe (just one, and I have a new oem bolt for it). I have a clean title for the car. The pictured wheels will not be included in the sale.

A picture of the floor mats. This is not a current picture but the mats are still in perfect shape and the fronts have "Galant VR-4" printed on them.

I'm also selling 108/1000, a second K Grey shell that would make a great donor car to complete 372. It has everything you would need to finish 372 besides the engine, transmission, transfercase and front brake pads. For an additional cost I can include these items as well. The body on 108 is extremely rusty and ready for the scrap yard so I would recommend swapping everything you need into 372 and then scrapping 108. Basically you can make a complete car but the hood will be pretty rusty and the bumpers won't be pretty (I have the rust free fenders for 372 so you should be okay there) and I'm pretty sure the front subframe will be fairly rusty but it will work fine. The interior is in great condition and like I said it has everything besides the drivetrain/front pads. I would much rather sell both of these cars as a package deal, and I won't sell 108 separately, at least for now but I will sell 372 separately if someone really wants it.

I'm asking $1000 obo for both shells as they sit. That means 372 comes with the 4 bolt rear end/low mile subframe and spotless gas tank.

I'll sell 372 by itself for $400 take it as-is with the low-mileage (according to PO it had about 50k miles on it) 4 bolt rear. It will still come with the dash plaque/floor mats/whatever other interior pieces I can find. I am willing to throw in a few parts like the bad condition tail lights I have but not much else. I am open to trades. PM me if you are interested.

Just like with 372, 108 will not come with these wheels but it will come with something.

100_1384.jpg

100_1363.jpg

100_0606.jpg

100_1377.jpg

100_1366.jpg

100_1367.jpg

100_1364.jpg

Last edited:

ktmrider

Maybe some body panels for KC/blacksheep?!?

blacksheep

Thanks for thinking of me, Mike.

Eric - Whats rust like on this shell? If no one buys it and you decide to junk it....

Ideally, I would need a whole front to back section of the rocker panels to where the dogleg goes from front to back on both sides. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SmoothCustomer

Well unfortunately you are looking for the only part that has rust. There is a small hole on each side near the rear dogleg. Other than that they are in decent shape for a vr4. The shell will not be junked though just so everyone is clear.

Memphetic

Hey man! A few weeks back I saw this on Rochester DSM but couldn't for the life of me get the freaking captcha to work, so I couldn't register to respond. Please text me at (814)952-1412. Thanks!

Lancer99

Wow thats an old school AMS sticker. Did that car come from Illinois by any chance?

GSX_TC

Pm sent

SmoothCustomer

Quoting Lancer99:
Wow thats an old school AMS sticker. Did that car come from Illinois by any chance?

I only know as far back as NYC, which is where I think it spent a lot of its life. It's definitely possible it was in Illinois at some point though. I'll have my brother run a carfax, if he still has it.

Edit: I sent you a text Memphetic.

Last edited:

SmoothCustomer

Quoting Lancer99:

Looks like it spent its whole life in the New England area. First Maine then New York and Pennsylvania.

SmoothCustomer

Replied.

Edit: Tried to clean up this thread a little bit. Updated first post with new shell/package deal info.
Sum: Get two shells and make one complete shell. It won't be pretty but it will be complete and have a rust free body (besides the rockers).

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts