The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: CT 1988 Starion 1 of a kind w/ Digital Dash Conversion $7000

SHIPPING: If buyer pays for shipping I'll make sure it ships
PICTURES: See below
MILEAGE: Just under 90k on dash over 120k on chassis
PRICE: $7,000 obo
RUNS: Yes
MANUAL/AUTOMATIC: Manual
ENGINE MODS: Stock
NON-FUNCTIONAL PARTS/FEATURES OR PROBLEMS: E-Brake doesn't work but replacement cables will go with it.
RUST?: No visible rust
OPTIONS: Sunroof
DESCRIPTION: Cars is great shape and runs like a champ, weather has gotten nice so I started driving it again the past week or so. One of a kind Starion, digital dash conversion and super clean velour interior. Car is babied, maintenance always done, whenever something broke it was fixed, car was garaged for winter.
PREFERRED CONTACT METHOD: PM or Reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Also open to trades, especially naked upright motorcycles preferably Italian like Ducati, MV Agusta and Aprilia

Rausch

Please post the asking price and location in the title per the rules. Thx!

Last edited:

Wilfongtsi

I love these cars, my first car was an 87 TSi, but are you sure this is an 88? It has the newer style lower front air dam but it looks like the steering wheel and seats are the 87 and older style? Still a beautiful car tho!

Jesus_Negros

Def 87' seats. I have the same interior in tiptop shape in my 87'.

Why'd you get banned from SQC? That forum annoys me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Title says 88 so as far as I know its an 88. And thanks, she drives even better than she looks lol. I'm back to DDing her since the weather has been so nice.

I got banned because they deleted my thread after I complained about them locking it because someone kept complaining about the price. There is a rule stating you can't complain about the listed price but instead of enforcing the rule to the individual that was breaking it they locked my thread and I told the mod that locked it what I thought about that. I didn't brake a single rule, all I was trying to do was sell my car at the price I feel its worth.

KT

This car's list price is in the upper 25% of the for sale section but I would say that the write up and accompanying pictures are in the bottom 10%. This might be a $7k car, but it needs a lot more info and high resolution photos to show it off.

And are you in KS or CT?

Last edited:

Why is everyone so damn critical, the write up gives all the vital information. If something isn't there then the person interested can message me and ask. As far as pictures go, that's what my Note 2 takes for pics. I'm not a 9 year old girl, I rarely take photos. I won't be buying a digital camera to sell the car, once again if someone is actually interested they are more than welcome to come see it in person.

As for where the car is, it's in CT just as the title and write up state...bottom 10% yet you don't seem to have read the information that was given...

KT

Please post a picture of the VIN plate and the rocker panels.

Does this car have the Sport Handling Package?

Tire brand, size, age, tread depth?

Are the jet valves still in the head?

Have the balance shafts been removed?

Any aftermarket goodies, i.e. exhaust, intercooler, flywheel, clutch, ABS delete, cruise delete, etc.?

Any torque tube or rear end whine?

Last edited:

4orced4door

Quoting EvoEight05:
As far as pictures go, that's what my Note 2 takes for pics. I'm not a 9 year old girl, I rarely take photos.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

You should at least be able to turn the resolution up on your Note 2 to take higher quality pictures. You don't need to buy a separate camera, but at least take full advantage of the one you've got. The Note 2 has the same 8MP camera as a Galaxy SIII which is a pretty decent camera.

Higher quality pictures always help sell a car!

Jesus_Negros

Remind me to never sell a car on org, I dont even own a dig camera. The pics are fine, just not good enough for the ameature photogs and critics. Let him sell his car. Overpriced or not, great detail or not, good pics or not.

JNR

People are just giving him some friendly advice and especially on something that is asking a higher than normal price. This isn't craigslist and the higher the quality and quantity of worthy pics (engine, interior, maybe underneath to show no rust in those areas that have that problem(, the better + the ad itself could be better IMO. Again, this is just feedback and not saying anything about the car, good bad or indifferent.

We have mostly unlimited space to put a good ad here so I'd take advantage of that. As mentioned, most cellphones can take some pretty good pics. I really never use mine, as I have a nice digital and tripod, but know if I needed to the pics would be decent. Heck, I only put my camera at 3 mp and the photos come out better than anything I could host. Couldn't imagine them set at 12 or 14!

Anyhow, good luck with the sale. People can be picky here, but perhaps you haven't been on a forum that sells cars that are more $ and/or really desirable.

2000GTX

This car is absolutely awesome. I love the interior and I love the digi-dash. I really need to hurry up and get out of college so I can start buying this stuff.

gvr4ever

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Remind me to never sell a car on org, I dont even own a dig camera. The pics are fine, just not good enough for the ameature photogs and critics. Let him sell his car. Overpriced or not, great detail or not, good pics or not.

If you've bought any kind of phone in the last 6+ years, you probably have some sort of digital camera. Now days, they are getting so good, the point and shoot camera sales are probably going down. Pretty much phone, tablet, and then SLR for a nicer camera.

I'm not going to get in to good enough pics or not for this thread, but I will say that on Craigslist, I will completely skip all ads that don't have pictures.

Quality pictures sell cars. Fact.

turbojew

One of a kind? Anyone can throw a digital dash in any year. For 7k, the car would have to be MPI 500HP Daily streetable or Extremely rare and low mileage and PERFECT. Not needing cables. Definitely not an 88. Not rare at all. I had a 1989 MITSUBISHI STARION not conquest. 1 of 159 Produced that year with 63k documented miles with a stack of receipts and it sold for 4k only and it was in better shape. You got banned from SQC because your price is smoking crack. Your car is clean and if you fix the e brake and find the right guy youll get 3000-3500 tops. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Jesus_Negros

^ Didnt you orginaaly have your car for 7k and also got banned from SQC?

boostedinaz

Quoting gvr4ever:

Quality pictures sell cars. Fact.

Agree 1000%.

When this car doesn't sell then perhaps he'll actually put the smallest amount of effort into a well done add. Until then let the add speak for the sellers attention to detail and quality....then hope that the car was cared for better than the add leads you to believe.

galantrevolution

I had a starion and it make me mad to sold it for 1500 any part the you need can't be found most of the parts are obsolete is eather use or junkyard be cause dealer don't sell it anymore nice looking car but is a lemon car.

Thats the same motor they use in forklifts lol very clean iv always wanted one

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned