The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: $2000, AZ - 195/2000, caged (kcpaz) roller, salvage title

DR1665

EDIT: That's all folks. Officially out of the game. Sold to a rally buddy. We'll be swapping the rave bits from his munched GVR4 rally car to this chassis.

HEADS UP: Once 195 is prepped, we'll have a clean title rolling shell with from end damage (and a cage & logbook) available pretty cheap. Will be a good candidate for a tubular front end if anybody is thinking about building a REAL race car.

Thanks for looking.

Sometimes I don't even know why I bother. I'm getting tired of bills, bills, bills every single day, always being strapped for cash, and thinking I need to hang on to this thing like I'm evever going to do anything with it. Car has sat, mostly stripped, since 2007. Clearly, I'm not a GVR4 owner so much as I'm a broke-ass Mitsubishi hoarder.

Mostly just needs re-assembly. Only reason the title is branded salvage is because I had to total it to get the insurance money, which was spent on - you guessed it - f***ing bills. Here in Arizona, getting a restored title is as "easy" as re-assembling the car and getting it inspected. Out of state, might just be a question of re-assembling the car and driving it to the DMV.

Here's what it needs (beyond re-assembly):
- tires - 3 hold air, 1 is shot, I have a couple skinny spares
- windshield - broke it removing the roof skin
- engine - I have one, complete gasket set, PLUS Evo 8 ECU, Evo 8 cams, and sundry other odds-n-ends*

EDIT: More pictures
Engine bay has been stripped and painted white. Harness comes with car, though it's loose.
IMG01427-20110718-2156-495x371.jpg

Cage pic
IMG01276-20110529-1254-495x371.jpg

As much as I want to keep it and finish it, if I haven't done anything with it in all this time, it's highly unlikely I'm going to do anything with it in the near future. Better to have some money, pay off a couple bills, and get back into the game some day in the future.

Straight, rolling shells are easily $1000.
The cage is a top-quality, $1000 unit.
Is $2000 fair?

Thanks.

EDIT: added price/location
*engine, ecu, cams negotiable for additional cost (I can use these in my Pajero).

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

it's better to be self aware, than delusional. I commend you man, spend the time/money on the other fun things in your life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DR1665

Bump. Sold.

See first post for lead on roller coming available later this year if interested.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned