The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 1821/2000 MA $3500

Thinking about selling my daily driver VR4. I don't have to get rid of it but I can drive my one of the other family cars instead. Also entertaining trades. Best contact my cell phone is 1-774-274-9247

Details-

Summit white
240k on chassis
120k on engine/rebuilt trans
Gas tank is the best I have ever seen on one of these and the chassis is clean underneath with the rockers and floor having very little to no rust. Some rust on the bottom of the doors but not much.

Specs when I purchased the car that have about 120k miles on them or less

-Engine rebuilt 120k miles ago
-2g pistons/1g rods
-No balance shafts
-Engine assy balanced
-Head was rebuilt with new valves and springs.
-Transmission rebuilt with center diff replaced with a Dogbox Racing bearing upgrade
-Big 16g
-MBC
-K&N filter
-Rewired 255lph
-AFPR
-3g MAF
-BR 2.5" turboback with cat
-Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge
-Cusco front and rear strut bars
-KYB GR-2s with H&R springs

Work recently performed by myself, either new or very good used condition that I have put less than 1000 miles on

Engine/Turbo

-All new timing components
-DKS 264/272 cams
-3g lifters
-ARP Headstuds
-OEM Composite headgasket
-SBR exhaust manifold
-Tial 38mm wastegate
-SS o2 housing
-Oil change
-Emissions delete
-Link 2.5
-New NGK wires and BR7ES plugs

Chassis/Drivetrain

-ACT 2600 with street disc
-Fidanza aluminum flywheel
-SS full clutch line
-New slave cylinder
-OEM clutch fork
-OEM Throw out bearing
-Front brakes
-Outer tie rod ends
-Ebrake cable

Extras-

-PTE 880cc injectors
-Evo 9 GSR enkei wheels
-5 lug conversion parts
-Headlights

The Good-

-Car runs and drives well. I drive it every day and it really has given me no problems. Engine has good compression at 160psi on all 4 cyls. Has had all maintenance performed regularly. Much less rust than a lot of New England VR4s. Interior is in very nice shape with only one little rip on the drivers seat that I will most likely take care of. Sunroof still works and doesn't leak.

The not so Good-

-The paint isn't the greatest. Front bumper is scraped up as well as the front passengers side fender. Passengers side was side swiped prior to my ownership so there is a crease down the side. Really not noticeable in the pictures. Clunk in the front end which will be repaired this week I am hoping. Needs motor mounts but I will have them or have them installed this week as well. Shifter feels notchy and second gear grinds intermittently when very cold.

That is about all I can think of at the moment but I can answer any questions, just give me a call or text. Sorry for the long ad.

bassman1

I would love to have another GVR4....Do you like a Miata? I DD my 92 but it has a 1.8 engine from Jappan, 5 speed trans + a spare, I redid the interior, Harddog roll bar, Tien coilovers....tons of others, here have some pictures. click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts